Famous Quotes About Fly
Browse 3000 famous quotes and sayings about Fly.
Top Quotes About Fly
1. "I'm a bat, want to see me fly?"
Author: Alex Flinn
2. "Of such great powers or beings there may be conceivably a survival... a survival of a hugely remote period when... consciousness was manifested, perhaps, in shapes in forms long since withdrawn before the tide of advancing humanity... forms of which poetry and legend alone have caught a flying memory and called them gods, monsters, mythical beings of all sorts and kinds..."
Author: Algernon Blackwood
3. "Don't let me miss you I may not bear the pain || Don't let me go out without you I may not return again || Don't let me ruin your life I may not give you the fame || Don't believe me so hard I may not be the same || Just stand the way I am it jeers the love we have || Let's do not fight here One day we gonna fly in sky || That day would so amazing for one's pain another'll cry"
Author: Amar Singh Saini
4. "That's not how you're going to live, Bird Girl. Not on my account. Spread those strong wings of yours. Fly."
Author: Annabel Pitcher
5. "God and Destiny are not against us, rather they are for us, they are the ones who never forget the things we have long forgotten, the ones who hear the desires of our heart that our own heads can't hear, and they are the ones who never forget who we really are, long after our minds have forgotten the images of who we are. We come from God and we belong to Destiny, yet for some reason of ignorance we think that to be the master of our own fates and the captain of our own souls means to write everything down on a paper and plan everything out on a grid! Such great things to be done, and we think they are accomplished by our primitive ways! No. We must only know what we want. And want what we want. And then fly high enough to see all that which we want that we couldn't yet see."
Author: C. JoyBell C.
6. "It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad."
Author: C. S. Lewis
7. "Now I will burn you back, I will burn you through,Though I am damned for it we two will lieAnd burn, here where the starlings fly"
Author: Charlotte Mew
8. "I think a benefit is that we try to put it up in a short time. From the decision to do this mission until we fly, it's six months and one week or so, so it's a very short time."
Author: Claude Nicollier
9. "Everything was hysterically funny, even the playground slide was smiling at us, and at some point, deep in the night, when we were winging on the jungle gym and showers of sparks were flying out of our mouths, I had the epiphany that laughter was light, and light was laughter, and that this was the secret of the universe."
Author: Donna Tartt
10. "Nothing I cared, in the lamb white days, that time would take meUp to the swallow thronged loft by the shadow of my hand,In the moon that is always rising,Nor that riding to sleepI should hear him fly with the high fieldsAnd wake to the farm forever fled from the childless land.Oh as I was young and easy in the mercy of his means,Time held me green and dyingThough I sang in my chains like the sea."
Author: Dylan Thomas
11. "I like commas. I detest semi-colons - I don't think they belong in a story. And I gave up quotation marks long ago. I found I didn't need them, they were fly-specks on the page."
Author: E. L. Doctorow
12. "Orion sniffed. "Good. Then, worthy centaur, perhaps you could give me a ride to the village on your back. Then I can make a few pennies with my verses while you build us a shack and perform circus tricks for passerby."This was such a surprising statement that Foaly briefly considered jumping into the hole to get away."
Author: Eoin Colfer
13. "He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying."
Author: Friedrich Nietzsche
14. "Mother, I want to see him fly!"
Author: George R.R. Martin
15. "My Heart is Bounding! I can fly anywhere as long as I'm with the Nakama I Love!!!"~Leevy"
Author: Hiro Mashima
16. "He rolled onto his back and tried to remember the dream he had been having. It had been a good one. There had been a flying motorcycle in it. He had a funny feeling he'd had the same dream before."
Author: J.K. Rowling
17. "The dreamer is now in pleasure, now in pain ; This hour in confidence, the next in fear. He is without stability and has no abiding refuge. When the monsters of remorse and retribution pursue him, whither can he fly ? There is no place of safety unless he awake. Let the dreamer struggle with his dream ; Let him strive to realise the illusory nature of all self-seeking desire, And lo! he will open his spiritual eyes upon the world of Light and Truth; He will awake, and will see all things in their right relations and true proportions ; He will be happy, sane, and peaceful seeing things as they are. Truth is the light of universe, the day of the mind ; In it there is no error, no anguish, and no fear."
Author: James Allen
18. "Man is flying too fast for a world that is round. Soon he will catch up with himself in a great rear end collision."
Author: James Thurber
19. "[Mrs. Allen was] never satisfied with the day unless she spent the chief of it by the side of Mrs. Thorpe, in what they called conversation, but in which there was scarcely ever any exchange of opinion, and not often any resemblance of subject, for Mrs. Thorpe talked chiefly of her children, and Mrs. Allen of her gowns."
Author: Jane Austen
20. "But touch a solemn truth in collision with a dogma ... and you will soon find you have disturbed a nest, and the hornets will swarm about your eyes and hand, and fly into your face and eyes."
Author: John Adams
21. "Get rid of their mast, knock holes in the hull, then get back on board.""You want us to sink her?" Gundar asked, and Halt shook his head. "No. I want her badly damaged but capable of making it back to port. I want the word to go out that the strange ship with the red falcon ensign"—he gestured to Evanlyn's ensign, flying from the mast top—"is manned by dangerous, hairy maniacs with axes and is to be avoided at all costs." "That sounds like us," Gundar said cheerfully."
Author: John Flanagan
22. "Several centuries ago it was believed that the fly agaric, combined with the bufotenin–containing mucus of toads, was an ingredient of witches' brews, which made flying on their broomsticks possible. Even Santa Claus and Father Christmas are connected to Fly Agaric and their reindeer, which, by the way, like their portion of fly agarics and 'living' water."
Author: John Rush
23. "Although Jillian had known what Grimm was before that moment, she was briefly immobilized by the sight of him. It was one thing to know that the man she loved was a Berserker-it was another thing entirely to behold it. He regarded her with such an inhuman expression that if she hadn't peered deep into his eyes, she might have seen nothing of Grimm at all. But there, deep in the flickering blue flames, she glimpsed such love that it rocked her soul. She smiled up at him through her tears.A wounded sound of disbelief escaped him.Jillian gave him the most dazzling smile she could muster and placed her fist to her heart. "And the daughter wed the lion king," she said clearly.An expression of incredulity crossed the warrior's face. His blue eyes widened and he stared at her in stunned silence."I love you, Gavrael McIllioch."When he smiled, his face blazed with love. He tossed his head back and shouted his joy to the sky."
Author: Karen Marie Moning
24. "We are the owls of the weather chaw. We take it blistering, We take it all. Roiling boiling gusts, We're the owls with the guts. For blizzards our gizzards Dr tremble with joy. An ice storm, a gale, how we love blinding hail. We fly forward and backward, Upside down and flat. Do we flinch? Do we wail? Do we skitter or scutter? No, we yarp one more pellet And fly straight for the gutter! Do we screech? Do we scream? Do we gurgle? Take pause? Not on your life! For we are the best Of the best of the chaws!"
Author: Kathryn Lasky
25. "I have such a great band. We had played all this material on the road. I just wanted to let it fly."
Author: Lucinda Williams
26. "Once I had thought chiefly of the man of letters, the traveler, the poet, the lover; none of that had faded, to be sure, but now for the first time I could see among all those figures, standing out with great clarity of line, the most official and yet the most hidden form of all, that of the emperor. The fact of having lived in a world which is toppling around us had taught me the importance of the Prince."
Author: Marguerite Yourcenar
27. "WhiteThere was a moment in the darkness when the fear lifted.A moment where white surrounded me.Hope. Lily, and someone else, and a sprinkling of water."Holy water, Jenna.""You can let go if you need to.""Forgiveness, Jenna."But I couldn't let go.It wasn't in my power.I was already swirling, flying, falling.To someplace deep I didn't understand.Where all the sounds buy my own voice disappeared.Only me.For so long.I don't want to be alone anymore. (120)"
Author: Mary E. Pearson
28. "You just said you were sorry."..."I was only apologizing," he said stiffly, "for startling you. The applause was to compliment you on the improvement in your life-saving techniques since the last time you-"
Author: Meg Cabot
29. "In the dark days of your life, you will need the wings of hope to continue flying."
Author: Mehmet Murat Ildan
30. "With any sci-fi fantasy storytelling, you must have rules be very clear, otherwise you lose people, like 'OK, they can fly; now they can't fly.'"
Author: Melissa Rosenberg
31. "Tomas turned the key and switched on the ceiling light. Teraza saw two beds pushed together, one of them flanked by a bedside table and a lamp. Up out of the lampshade, startled by the overhead light, flew a large nocturnal butterfly that began circling the room. The strains of the piano and violin rose up weakly from below."
Author: Milan Kundera
32. "Patience is more than endurance. A saint's life is in the hands of God like a bow and arrow in the hands of an archer. God is aiming at something the saint cannot see, and He stretches and strains, and every now and again the saint says--'I cannot stand anymore.' God does not heed, He goes on stretching till His purpose is in sight, then He lets fly. Trust yourself in God's hands. Maintain your relationship to Jesus Christ by the patience of faith. 'Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him."
Author: Oswald Chambers
33. "I Like For You To Be StillI like for you to be stillIt is as though you are absentAnd you hear me from far awayAnd my voice does not touch youIt seems as though your eyes had flown awayAnd it seems that a kiss had sealed your mouthAs all things are filled with my soulYou emerge from the thingsFilled with my soulYou are like my soulA butterfly of dreamAnd you are like the word: MelancholyI like for you to be stillAnd you seem far awayIt sounds as though you are lamentingA butterfly cooing like a doveAnd you hear me from far awayAnd my voice does not reach youLet me come to be still in your silenceAnd let me talk to you with your silenceThat is bright as a lampSimple, as a ringYou are like the nightWith its stillness and constellationsYour silence is that of a starAs remote and candidI like for you to be stillIt is as though you are absentDistant and full of sorrowSo you would've diedOne word then, One smile is enoughAnd I'm happy;Happy that it's not true"
Author: Pablo Neruda
34. "In the end, the problem was not grief. Grief was the first cause, perhaps, but it soon gave way to something else - something more tangible, more calculable in its effects, more violent in the damage it produced. A whole chain of forces had been set in motion, and at a certain point I began to wobble, to fly in greater and greater circles around myself, until at last I spun out of orbit."
Author: Paul Auster
35. "Glenn could see I was bricking it and turned round to me as I sat there, gripping the armrests."You all right?" he said."I hate flying, Boss. I'm shitting myself.""Don't worry, Merse. It's going to be OK. We *won't* crash."I thought, "Thank God for that. Glenn's said we're going to be safe. Nothing's going to fuck with us now."
Author: Paul Merson
36. "He lifted a single eyebrow as he adjusted his pants, zipping his fly. The sound made my back stiffen and I realized how close we'd just been to copulating in the back of a car."I think you look good just like that."I stared at him for two seconds before I smacked him on his infuriatingly well-muscled shoulder."My shirt is ripped open and…" I frantically twisted in my seat and may have shrieked, "Where are my underwear?!"There was no amusement in his voice when he responded, "Someplace safe."My eyes widened further and, I knew, my mouth hung open dumbly. I was about to lose my mind."Give them back-""You don't need them-""-to me right now-""-and you should try new things-""I am not leaving this limo while commando!"The passenger door on Quinn's side opened and I yanked the skirt I was wearing back to my midcalf.I didn't miss his dark smile when it was clear that I was not likely to push the underwear issue further until we were in private. And, by then, it likely wouldn't matter."
Author: Penny Reid
37. "The dodo itself stands as the best emblem of this general truth - that insular evolution often involves transforming an adventurous, high-flying ancestor species into a grounded descendant, no longer capable of going anywhere but extinct. It's our reminder that insular evolution, for all its wondrousness, tends to be a one-way tunnel toward doom."
Author: Quammen, David
38. "Does anyone believe that the difference between the Lebesgue and Riemann integrals can have physical significance, and that whether say, an airplane would or would not fly could depend on this difference? If such were claimed, I should not care to fly in that plane."
Author: Richard W. Hamming
39. "Briefly, the nymphaeum glowed with a softer light, like a full moon. Piper smelled exotic spices and blooming roses. She heard distant music and happy voices talking and laughing. She guessed she was hearing hundreds of years of parties and celebrations that had been held at this shrine in ancient times, as if the memories had been freed along with the spirits.'What is that?' Jason asked nervously.Piper slipped her hand into his. 'The ghosts are dancing."
Author: Rick Riordan
40. "We started this together, Leo. Seems only right you come along. You find us a ride, you're in.""Yes!" Leo pumped his fist.* * * * *Jason gazed up at the dragon and shook his head in amazement. "Leo, what have you done?""Found a ride!" Leo beamed. "You said I could go on the quest if I got you a ride. Well, I got you a class-A metallic flying bad boy! Festus can take us anywhere!"
Author: Rick Riordan
41. "The real story of the Fleece: there were these two children of Zeus, Cadmus and Europa, okay? They were about to get offered up as human sacrifices, when they prayed to Zeus to save them. So Zeus sent this magical flying ram with golden wool, which picked them up in Greece and carried them all the way to Colchis in Asia Minor. Well, actually it carried Cadmus. Europa fell off and died along the way, but that's not important.""It was probably important to her."
Author: Rick Riordan
42. "To cultivate love, or whole-soul-fulness, we must resist the temptation to be upwardly mobile, to be always on the move, to pull up our roots and fly to the mythic kingdom of Elsewhere."
Author: Sam Keen
43. "A naked blade hid nothing, feared nothing. She wanted to be like that. Because that was how you found yourself, created yourself. You didn't hide. You didn't wait for the perfect moment to settle on you like a butterfly, like magic.You went out and made magic. Made your own wishes come true."
Author: Sarah Cross
44. "He stands up, slowly, and puts his hands on the zipper of his jeans, where I notice there's a bulge that looks like someone stuck a cucumber in his pants. That can be his...thing, can it? He undoes the button then his fly and then slides his jeans down. He's wearing those tight boxer-briefs things, like that guy in the Calvin Klein commercial, and I realize, it's definitely not a cucumber."
Author: Sarah Darer Littman
45. "Since we don't have a body to confirm identity, we believe Nathan Drake is alive and threatening people, which means he faked his own death. (Josie)And maybe fat flying fairies ate the rest of your blouse, which explains why so much of it's missing. (Terri)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
46. "As you enter the tunnel, the wind gets sucked away, and you squint from the lights overhead. When you adjust the lights, you can see the other side in the distance just as the sound of the radio fades to nothing because the waves just can't reach. Then, you're in the middle of the tunnel, and everything becomes a calm dream. As you see the opening get closer, you just can't get there fast enough. And finally, just when you think you'll never get there, you see the opening right in front of you. And the radio comes back even louder than you remember it. And the wind is waiting. And you fly out of the tunnel onto the bridge. And there it is. The city. A million lights and buildings and everything seems as exciting as the first time you saw it."
Author: Stephen Chbosky
47. "A moment of grace. There rose up within me a profound sense of being loved. I felt "gathered together" and encircled by a Presence completely loving, as if I were enveloped by the music of a love song created just for me. It was not overwhelming or even emotional. Just a warm knowing that I was in God's loving embrace...centered and unified there.[Love]encounters cannot be analyzed, only shared. If you take a butterfly, Robert Frost said, and pin it down into a box, you no longer have a butterfly."
Author: Sue Monk Kidd
48. "And the sun on the wall of her room, the block of sun with all the tiny flying things in it. When she was little she thought they were the souls of dead insects, still buzzing in the light."
Author: Tim Winton
49. "A lot of people... kind of make heroes that are separate from us, people who are, you know, like... John Wayne and Errol Flynn and, you know, Denzel Washington... people who are different, who are larger than life."
Author: Walter Mosley
50. "Ay, that I had not done a thousand more.Even now I curse the day—and yet, I think,Few come within the compass of my curse,—Wherein I did not some notorious ill,As kill a man, or else devise his death,Ravish a maid, or plot the way to do it,Accuse some innocent and forswear myself,Set deadly enmity between two friends,Make poor men's cattle break their necks;Set fire on barns and hay-stacks in the night,And bid the owners quench them with their tears.Oft have I digg'd up dead men from their graves,And set them upright at their dear friends' doors,Even when their sorrows almost were forgot;And on their skins, as on the bark of trees,Have with my knife carved in Roman letters,'Let not your sorrow die, though I am dead.'Tut, I have done a thousand dreadful thingsAs willingly as one would kill a fly,And nothing grieves me heartily indeedBut that I cannot do ten thousand more."
Author: William Shakespeare
Quotes About Fly Pictures