Famous Quotes About Focusing
Browse 202 famous quotes and sayings about Focusing.
Top Quotes About Focusing
1. "I'm focusing on cultivating my land. I have vegetables and fruit trees; I want to get some chickens and solar and really get off the grid and focus on just, really, being a mother."
Author: Angela Lindvall
2. "Man's basic vice, the source of all his evils, is the act of unfocusing his mind, the suspension of his consciousness, which is not blindness, but the refusal to see, not ignorance, but the refusal to know."
Author: Ayn Rand
3. "Inherently participatory in nature, Community Video focusing on using video to enable communities to communicate amongst themselves as well as with others."
Author: Ben Edwards
4. "I work with the Carl Lewis Foundation focusing on youth from high school down."
Author: Carl Lewis
5. "We've got to stop focusing solely on the symptoms of crime, and start caring about the causes as well."
Author: Carrie P. Meek
6. "The European Parliament responded by focusing on corporate governance. If corporations wanted to be legal citizens they could damned well shoulder the responsibilities of good citizenship as well as the benefits. Social as well as financial audits were the order of the day. Directives outlining standards for corporate citizenship were drafted and a lucrative niche for a new generation of management consultants emerged - those who could look at an organization and sound a warning if its structure rewarded pathological behaviour."
Author: Charles Stross
7. "That's what marks out the successful from the nearly-rans. Focusing on what makes people itch rather than continuously presenting an entire catalogue of scratches."
Author: Chris Murray
8. "The key to a winning season is focusing on one opponent at a time. Winning one week at a time. Never look back and never look ahead."
Author: Chuck Noll
9. "Denial is a critical part of the human coping mechanism. Without it, we would all wake up terrified every morning about all the ways we could die. Instead, our minds block out our existential fears by focusing on stresses we can handle—like getting to work on time or paying our taxes. If we have wider, existential fears, we jettison them very quickly, refocusing on simple tasks and daily trivialities."
Author: Dan Brown
10. "I try to stay positive by focusing on how much I'll appreciate my health if I get better."
Author: Daniel Johns
11. "...it is a mistake to reduce every decision about Christian living to a "Heaven-or-Hell issue."For example, some ask if the Bible specifically says a certain action is a "sin" or will send them to "Hell." If not, they feel free to indulge in that action unreservedly and ignore any scriptural principles involved. But this approach is legalistic, which means living by rules or basing salvation on works. It treats the Bible as a law book, focusing on the letter and looking for loopholes.By contrast, the Bible tells us that we are saved by grace through faith, not by our works (Ephesians 2:8-9). Grace teaches us how to live righteously, and faith leads us into obedience. (See Titus 2:11-12; Romans1:5; Hebrews 11:7-8.)"
Author: David K. Bernard
12. "If there's ever an example of the importance of making bold bets and focusing on what you love, it's Twitter."
Author: Dick Costolo
13. "But I do know focusing on the exterior doesn't make me happy. If I want peace and serenity, it won't be reached by getting thinner or fatter."
Author: Elle Macpherson
14. "Your right. We do spend a lot of time worrying about our looks, instead of focusing on what's inside. - RavenThe artist has the power to capture that. To express what he thinks about the subject. I thought that was much more romantic then seeing myself in a cold, stark glass reflection. - Alexander"
Author: Ellen Schreiber
15. "Yet early on in the marriage I found myself -- despite all my self-promises -- drifting into the role of wife: focusing on the renovations of the apartment, doing silly little domestic things instead of writing, using the wife role as cop-out from my work, my work which had always involved me in so much controversy and which some part of me longed to retreat from.... Even when I was forty-seven, full of my own power, my own identity, something in me wanted to escape from the fray and dwindle into a wife. It seemed to comfy, so safe."
Author: Erica Jong
16. "The command of our language is crucial to focusing our thoughts and communicating them with precision to others."
Author: Felix Alba Juez
17. "Three quick breaths triggered the responses: he fell into the floating awareness... focusing the consciousness... aortal dilation... avoiding the unfocused mechanism of consciousness... to be conscious by choice... blood enriched and swift-flooding the overload regions... one does not obtain food-safety freedom by instinct alone... animal consciousness does not extend beyond the given moment nor into the idea that its victims may become extinct... the animal destroys and does not produce... animal pleasures remain close to sensation levels and avoid the perceptual... the human requires a background grid through which to see his universe... focused consciousness by choice, this forms your grid... bodily integrity follows nerve-blood flow according to the deepest awareness of cell needs... all things/cells/beings are impermanent... strive for flow-permanence within..."
Author: Frank Herbert
18. "We also have to ask if we focusing on the most important priorities."
Author: Fred Thompson
19. "Don't fight with narrow minded people; be determined to compel them to change their mindsets about who you stand to be, not by arguments, but by focusing on what you do every day. If they change it, fine; if they don't, fine. The good news is that you are pursuing excellence!"
Author: Israelmore Ayivor
20. "At your worst point, the quickest way to move through it is to be a contribution as opposed to focusing on your problems. If you focus on your problems and keep giving them attention, they're going to grow. If you ignore them and do something else - I don't mean act like they're not here - but do something meaningful, it helps you work through it."
Author: Iyanla Vanzant
21. "Rehv cleared his throat. "What book is that?" The Moor looked up, his almond-shaped eyes focusing with a sharpness Rehv could have done without. "You're awake." "What book?" "It's The Shadow Death Lexicon." "Light reading. And here I thought you were a Candace Bushnell fan."
Author: J.R. Ward
22. "As you take a few minutes each day to quiet your mind, you will discover a nice benefit: your everyday, "ordinary" life will begin to seem far more extraordinary. Little things thatpreviously went unnoticed will begin to please you. You'll be more easily satisfied, and happier all around. Rather than focusing on what's wrong with your life, you'll find yourself thinking about and more fully enjoying what's right with your life. The world won't change, but your perception of it will. You'll start to notice thelittle acts of kindness and caring from other people rather than the negativity and anger."
Author: Jack Canfield
23. "What is the one thing that gets you up every morning? The one thing that keeps you going every day, every month, every year? Let me get you started. My one thing is this, ‘I'm one day closer...' One day closer to a goal, an outcome, or the results I'm after in my life. This is my way of remembering the importance of focusing on the life I desire and living a life of gratitude! So, what's your one thing…?"
Author: James A. Murphy
24. "Okay, so, flying," I started, taking a deep breath and focusing on the thing I loved most in the world. "Flying is … great. It feels great when you're doing it. It's fun. Pure freedom. There's nothing better."Dylan smiled, a slow, easy smile that seemed to light up his whole face."So the first thing we're going to do," I told him, "is push you off the roof."
Author: James Patterson
25. "They're all focusing on how John Roberts is going to decide Roe v. Wade. That isn't even the right question. I don't even know of a case in the (court) system that addresses it."
Author: Jay Alan Sekulow
26. "I am excited about focusing full-time on talking about my job-creation agenda and building a new economy for Washington state. We have a great chance to seize our own destiny, build our own industries, and create our own technological revolutions right here at home."
Author: Jay Inslee
27. "Teachers make a difference, and we would serve our students better by focusing on attracting and retaining the quality teachers by raising teacher pay."
Author: Jeb Bush
28. "Why couldn't I find one action that would make the need to binge automatically disappear? Because there is no magic action to make that horrible prebinge feeling go away. The cool thing is that we are designed so that the feeling will pass through us on its own—in time. All we have to do is sit there and feel what is going on inside of us. We must experience the feelings. To help us deal with the feelings, we can call someone on our support team. We can also express the feelings by focusing on our breath or even hitting a pillow. The important thing to remember is that no matter how terrible, feelings do pass. It takes patience and trust—not food . . ."
Author: Jenni Schaefer
29. "Georgie?" He reached out with both hands to steady her—and himself. His mind had trouble focusing. He couldn't believe Georgie was actually standing in front of him. She looked liked an angel—in knee-high biker boots. Those boots looked even better in real life than in his imagination. He gazed into her eyes and was filled with so many emotions, so many things he wanted to say to her, he didn't know where to start. "I like your shoes," he said."
Author: Jennifer Shirk
30. "God's Grace is greater than all our sins. Repentance is one of the Christian's highest privileges. A repentant Christian focuses on God's mercy and God's grace. Any moment in our lives when we bask in God's mercy and grace is our highest moment. Higher than when we feel smug in our decent performance and cannot think of anything we need to confess... That is potentially a glorious moment. For we could at that moment accept God's abundant Mercy and Grace and go forth with nothing to boast of except Christ Himself, or else we struggle with our shame, focusing on that as well as our track record. We fail because we have shifted our attention from Grace and Mercy. One who draws on God's Mercy and Grace is quick to repent, but also slow to sin."
Author: Jerry Bridges
31. "First we must understand that all of the world's deceptions flow from the belief that love is primarily for the fulfillment and comfort of the self. The world poisons love by focusing first and foremost on meeting one's own needs.Christ taught that love is not for the fulfillment of the self but for the Glory of God and the food of others. True love is selfless. It gives; it sacrifices; it dies to its own needs."
Author: Joshua Harris
32. "We rob ourselves of so much by focusing on the wrong stuff. And the ability to get into the moment and deal with what is, that's the real opportunity."
Author: Kathy Mattea
33. "Leaving the age of materialism and duality behind us, we now seek to become Masters of the Spiritual Kingdom ~ moving into the penthouse of ourselves, the crown chakra, as it were. Herein lays all our joy, our progress and our discovery of our superior and limitless Divine powers. By loosening identification with the sense world, we begin to access the greater causal gifts and realms.I believe we must always learn to use our power of choice ~ to develop Spiritual authority, and come out of victim consciousness. It is important to encourage the setting of strong goals (focusing around fulfillment of pure heart's desires). When the will is highly focused, the reader become receptive to the Higher Way and technologies of God I wish to impart."
Author: Linda De Coff
34. "A lot of the time writers are just sponges... for what's around them, and so books are helpful for focusing your mind and literally putting it into words."
Author: Marcus Mumford
35. "Rory: "People are being serious."Jazza: "There's a serial killer out there. Of course people are being serious."Rory: "Yeah, but what are the chances?"Jazza: "I bet all of the victims thought that."Rory: "But still, what are the chances?"Jazza: "Well, I imagine they are several million to one."Jerome: "Not that high. You're only dealing with a small part of London. And while there might be a million or more people in that area, the Ripper is probably focusing on women, because all of the original victims were women. So halve that--"Jazza: "You really need another hobby."
Author: Maureen Johnson
36. "What can you do?" he asked.It took me a few seconds to catch up to Daddy's question. He was asking about my snazzy new vampire powers, not expressing helplessness about my being turned by a guy with "shoves trees on people" tendencies."Oh, um, a lot of stuff, except, you know, eat solid food and go outside during the day, " I said. "Even my pot pie?" Mama cried. Yes, because in this situation, pot pie was what we should be focusing on."
Author: Molly Harper
37. "Focusing on worldly achievements and acceptance has never been the way to true happiness, and an obsessive, discontent with our physical appearance can lead to unhappiness if not despair."
Author: Pamela H. Hansen
38. "I wasn't losing my focus but I was getting tired of focusing. What I was focusing on was becoming too routine, too ritual, not something that was interesting, new and exciting."
Author: Picabo Street
39. "Your feelings are cosmic communication! The good feelings mean, GOOD FOR YOU. The bad feelings are to get your attention so that you will change what you are focusing on."
Author: Rhonda Byrne
40. "To me, business isn't about wearing suits or pleasing stockholders. It's about being true to yourself, your ideas and focusing on the essentials."
Author: Richard Branson
41. "Now I don't put things in the boxes anymore. I'm just focusing on right now."
Author: Robin Roberts
42. "Erase self-doubt by working to build your strengths instead of focusing on your weaknesses."
Author: Rodolfo Costa
43. "The other aspect of American identity worth focusing on is the concept of America as a nation of immigrants. That certainly is a partial truth. But it is often assumed to be the total truth."
Author: Samuel P. Huntington
44. "I think that focusing on the money, on the business, is not enough."
Author: Sergei Bubka
45. "Stop focusing on the bad stuff because life is too damn short."
Author: Simone Elkeles
46. "I became disillusioned with dance when I was 16 and started focusing on acting."
Author: Teri Polo
47. "Instead of me having a breakdown, I'm focusing on me having a breakthrough."
Author: Terrell Owens
48. "I started to discover the meaning of happiness when I started to discover--and practice--the art of acceptance. When I started to accept life for what it was and I started to accept whatever situation I was in as the way things were, I started to see that my happiness depended on my own attitude. When I started focusing on getting the most out of my life the way it was rather than trying to turn it into what I thought it should be, I started to realize that I was, indeed, becoming a much happier person."
Author: Tom Walsh
49. "I moderated a panel focusing just on women and the specific challenges that women entrepreneurs face. And we found that around the world, the challenges are the same, whether it is gaining access to capital, risk-taking, or the ability to expand beyond a small business and grow."
Author: Valerie Jarrett
50. "When you stop grabbing for things, sometimes the world just hands them to you, instead. Focusing on others is true success."
Author: Ziad K. Abdelnour
Quotes About Focusing Pictures