Famous Quotes About Follow Your Heart
Browse 68 famous quotes and sayings about Follow Your Heart.
Top Quotes About Follow Your Heart
1. "The goal is not to answer these questions. The goal is to be present to them with all that we are. In a way we are following the poet Rilke's advice when he counseled the young artist, "be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along into the answer."
Author: Adam Bucko
2. "Heart-flow means listening to your intuition and hunches and following your heart. How can you let your heart lead today?"
Author: Amy Leigh Mercree
3. "As a leader, if you follow your heart, you will have the courage to take on any risk because your heart will lead you to the solution and avoid the risk."
Author: Angeline Kobe Chan
4. "Rider to your mate be trueFollow heart in deed and doAll the best your strength can findSo you will rest in heart and mind"
Author: Anne McCaffrey
5. "Do what you feel compelled to do and follow in the direction that your heart feels pulled.Whatever your calling is, FIND IT."
Author: Bambi Dean
6. "If you listen to everybody's opinions, I mean, I always say I'd be digging a ditch on the side of the road now if I had listened to what everybody told me what to do. You know, you have to follow your heart, you have to."
Author: Brian Setzer
7. "Sometimes grace is having the strength to persevere through the storm.Sometimes it's having the guts to rebuild, to take a chance, to follow your nose and your heart rather than your head.Sometimes grace is finding out that your preconceived notions are dead wrong. Sometimes it's being surprised by joy. Sometimes grace is something you can feel even if you can't see it. And sometimes it's a bowl of watermelon gazpacho when you were expecting Taco Bell."
Author: Cathleen Falsani
8. "Listen to advice, but follow your heart."
Author: Conway Twitty
9. "You're a huge sucking asshole," Livia agreed. "You have everything at your fingertips. You're healthy, smart, fun, and highly fashionable. But instead you're buying problems you don't even want. Let the death of at least one and maybe two scumbags have a little meaning. Be the real you. Follow your beautiful heart."
Author: Debra Anastasia
10. "That's because it was the right thing to do. You followed your heart, even though it might get broken. You let it lead you to the path. I've found my path, Dad. Blake's someone I'll never regret. I can't promise how it'll turn out, but my heart can't make any other choice."
Author: Debra Anastasia
11. "You do have to follow your heart, otherwise you're living a false life."
Author: Eric Mabius
12. "If you follow your heart, if you listen to your gut, and if you extend your hand to help another, not for any agenda, but for the sake of humanity, you are going to find the truth."
Author: Erin Brockovich
13. "JESUS beckons HIS followers to a path that's far from the easy road. It's a path filled with adventure, uncertainty, and unlimited possibilities - the only path that can fulfill the deepest longings and desires of your heart. This is the barbarian way: to give your heart to the only ONE who can make you fully alive. To unleash the untamed faith within. To be consumed by the presence of a passionate and compassionate GOD. To go where HE sends, no matter the cost. "The Barbarian Way"
Author: Erwin Raphael McManus
14. "Love never comes with a brochure of rules and regulations, a prospectus with guides of what is acceptable and what is abominable. It's a standard to follow your heart, and that's what I did and if doing that hurt you, then I'm sorry… sorry for coming in your life and wasting your time, for causing you an anguish so great that you could not bear the sight of me. Today, I am proud to stand up and honour myself and proclaim to the world… yes, I loved someone more than myself. I loved someone truly, madly, deeply!"
Author: Faraaz Kazi
15. "Step follows step,Hope follows Courage,Set your face towards danger,Set your heart on victory."
Author: Gail Carson Levine
16. "You found me tonight. Follow your heart, Nikki. No matter where it roams, it'll always lead you back to me, because my heart is always calling to yours. You may choose not to listen for a while, but eventually you'll go where it's leading you."
Author: Heather Burch
17. "Live a life abundant in love and rich in spirit, these are the seeds of a fulfilling existence. Be the safe harbor you seek in the world. Follow your dreams, not your fear. Go into the New Year with an open mind and hopeful heart. Don't let the chains of unforgiveness weigh you down. Life is too short to live in a prison of past hurts. The futures is yours for the taking and creating. Life is bittersweet, when we can let darkness and light co-exist as illumination, we can live in true happiness. When we live life at its best, it is a symphony of feelings, of high and low notes, of tragedy and comedy, love and loss, magic and the sublime. It can be quite a spectacular journey when we fully embrace and accept it."
Author: Jaeda DeWalt
18. "Lead is to lead as follow is to follow. And lead is to lead as a type of metal is to a type of metal. Which brings me to my point: To love is to lead with your heart, while allowing your ego to sink like lead."
Author: Jarod Kintz
19. "Kodan: "I had the good sense to win the hand of a woman as smart and kind as she is beautiful. If not more so."Tava: "You mean you had the wit to blackmail me into following you home, where you promptly stole my heart," she teased.Kodan: "That, too," he agreed. "But I didn't steal your heart. I merely exchanged it for mine."
Author: Jean Johnson
20. "He chuckled. "I cannot speak for other men, but I want the woman who stumbles over a word like virgin and can say whore without raising a blush." His smile faded and he spoke soberly. "Your soldier… your first love… and every circumstance that followed in some way brought you to me, and while I can wish that you had never had your heart hurt, that you had never suffered even a moment of doubt, of pain, of sadness… of betrayal, I also know that you would in some way be changed. It would have made your life different. Mine also." North gave her hand a light squeeze. "Whether we are shaped by the circumstances of our lives, or by our perceptions of them, I still find I very much admire the shape you have become."
Author: Jo Goodman
21. "You need to follow your own heart in light of God's word and do what you feel is right and good for you."
Author: Joel Osteen
22. "A person can learn a lot from a dog, even a loopy one like ours. Marley taught me about living each day with unbridled exuberance and joy, about seizing the moment and following your heart. He taught me to appreciate the simple things-a walk in the woods, a fresh snowfall, a nap in a shaft of winter sunlight. And as he grew old and achy, he taught me about optimism in the face of adversity. Mostly, he taught me about friendship and selflessness and, above all else, unwavering loyalty."
Author: John Grogan
23. "He whistles. Que viva Colombia. Hands you back the Book. You really should write the cheater's guide to love.You think?I do. It takes a while. You see the tall girl. You go to more doctors. You celebrate Arlenny's Ph.D defense. And then one June night you scribble the ex's name and: The half-life of love is forever. You bust out a couple more things. Then you put your head down. The next day you look at the new pages. For once you don't want to burn them or give up writing forever. It's a start, you say to the room. That's about it. In the months that follow you bend to the work, because it feels like hope, like grace—and because you know in your lying cheater's heart that sometimes a start is all we ever get."
Author: Junot Díaz
24. "Over the vistas broke a cold gray light, such as seen in those false dawns that are neither night nor true morning, when the world and all its contents seem but shapes of mist, formed in vain hope and desire... If you awake from troubled sleep at such a time, you can only sit by the window and think of those that have been lost to you, those that followed your parents into those cold and heartless regions below the grass, silent and dark. Eventually, morning comes and the world resumes its solidity, but another tiny thread of ice has been stitched into your heart forever."
Author: K.W. Jeter
25. "Well, I think the golden rule I can think of is the fact that you must follow your passion and do something that's close to your heart. And I think that that's very important, well, to be successful and to be happy."
Author: Kumar Mangalam Birla
26. "Your heart is who you are, all else follows. Guard your heart, Thomas. Guard your heart."
Author: Liam Perrin
27. "Faith that it's not always in your hands or things don't always go the way you planned, but you have to have faith that there is a plan for you, and you must follow your heart and believe in yourself no matter what."
Author: Martina Mcbride
28. "The Shulamite lives by a different set of values. One of the most horrible frauds perpetrated on western couples is 'trust your feelings' or 'follow your heart.' Solomon's family must never be left to whims. A wise Shulamite does not make life decisions based on feelings, alone. She takes God's point-of-view: 'He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool; But whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.' --Pr 28:26For young couples, a hard lesson to learn is: Their hearts will lie to them.pg 3"
Author: Michael Ben Zehabe
29. "When in doubt, Josh, follow your heart. Words can be false, images and sounds can be manipulated,but this (heart) is always true.-Dr. John Dee"
Author: Michael Scott
30. "Often the greatest act of courage is admitting that one has made a mistake...Follow your hearts. Protect one another, trust one another, because, at the end of the day, all of these people want something from you, or want you to do something for them, or be something that you are not. Your own responsibility is to one another."
Author: Michael Scott
31. "People say it all the time--'follow your heart.' What are we supposed to do--take our heart out and walk around behind it--follow it down the sidewalk to the mall? Your feet will lead you to your heart. Ha! "Maybe it just means you should know your heart, because if you know it, you might do what it says to do. I don't think it means you do whatever you damn well please. I don't think the heart speaks very loudly either--just tosses you hints and whispers."
Author: Patti Callahan Henry
32. "All I can tell you really is if you get to the point where someone is telling you that you are not great or not good enough, just follow your heart and don't let anybody crush your dream."
Author: Patti LaBelle
33. "I woke this morning with tears poured like rain To realize alot in the world is in vein My wish to all is peace love and light To bring all together and negativity take flight. Your heart can be pure and riddled with love You just have to care and watch flight of a dove Talk is cheap and fables are true Follow your heart and never be blue."
Author: Peace Gypsy
34. "Grief reunites you with what you've lost. It's a merging; you go with the loved thing or person that's going away. You follow it a far as you can go.But finally,the grief goes away and you phase back into the world. Without him.And you can accept that. What the hell choice is there? You cry, you continue to cry, because you don't ever completely come back from where you went with him -- a fragment broken off your pulsing, pumping heart is there still. A cut that never heals.And if, when it happens to you over and over again in life, too much of your heart does finally go away, then you can't feel grief any more. And then you yourself are ready to die. You'll walk up the inclined ladder and someone else will remain behind grieving for you."
Author: Philip K. Dick
35. "You view the gods as entities without," Montolio tried to explain. "You see them as physical beings trying to control our actions for their own ends, and thus you, in your stubborn independance, reject them. The gods are within, I say, whether one has named his own or not. You have followed Mielikki all your life, Drizzt. You merely never had a name to put on your heart."
Author: R.A. Salvatore
36. "This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, Love to complete your life."
Author: Ralph Waldo Emerson
37. "He knew that "where your treasure is, there will your heart be also," which is precisely why he commanded his followers: "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth" (Matt. 6:21, 19). He is not saying that the heart should or should not be where the treasure is. He is stating the plain fact that wherever you find the treasure, you will find the heart."
Author: Richard J. Foster
38. "Aphrodite: Pfft. That's not the point. Follow your heart.Percy: But... I don't know where it's going. My heart, I mean."
Author: Rick Riordan
39. "Scott walked away and did not look back. They knew Maggie would try to follow him, and she did. In her world, they were a pack, and the pack stayed together.Maggie whined and barked, and he heard her claws scrape the tarmac like files. Budress had cautioned him not to look back or wave bye-bye or any of the silly things people did. Dogs weren't people. Eye contact would make her struggle harder to reach him. A dog could see your heart in your eyes, Budress told him, and dogs were drawn to our hearts."
Author: Robert Crais
40. "Life is a game, you live so you play. Follow your dreams and win what your happy heart desires."
Author: Roel Van Sleeuwen
41. "Look back with longing eyes and know that I will follow,Lift me up in your love as a light wind lifts a swallow,Let our flight be far in sun or blowing rain--But what if I heard my first love calling me again?Hold me on your heart as the brave sea holds the foam,Take me far away to the hills that hide your home;Peace shall thatch the roof and love shall latch the door--But what if I heard my first love calling me once more?"
Author: Sara Teasdale
42. "And disaster is the rhythm to which my dance fails. I will no longer follow those notes which sing those songs of sorrow. I laugh. I must laugh. It is so much more beautiful to be falling in laughter than in tear. You are indeed my dream. I beat you with hearts in my sleep and I sing rays of the moon and colors of rainbows in your heart. I Love."
Author: Scott Briscoe
43. "I want you to always hold your head up and follow your dreams wherever they take you. Don't you ever listen to the people out to hurt you or make you cry. Listen to your heart and be better than them. No one gets ahead by hurting others. The only real peace anyone will ever have is the one that comes from within. Live your life on your own terms and make it a happy life. Always. That's what's important, Torimou. (Theo)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
44. "Never stop yourself from doing something new never happened before, as when u go to do something new world will say u mad, but later they follow your path.. listen to heart and play your game."
Author: Sk Wasim Ali
45. "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
Author: Steve Jobs
46. "For all its accolades and celebrated recognition as sound guidance, I have personally noticed that sometimes, 'follow your heart,' is really bad advice."
Author: Steve Maraboli
47. "Stay stupid. Follow your unconventional, crazy heart."
Author: Steven Pressfield
48. "Four wanders through the crowd of initiates, watching us as we go through the movements again. When he stops in front of me, my insides twist like someone is stirring them with a fork. He stares at me, his eyes following my body from my head to my feet, not lingering anywhere - a practical, scientific gaze."You don't have much muscle", he says, "which means you're better off using your knees and elbows. You can put more power behind them."Suddenly he presses a hand to my stomach. His fingers are so long that, though the heel of his hand touches one side of my rib cage, his fingertips still touch the other side. My heart pounds so hard my chest hurts, and I stare at him, wide-eyed."Never forget to keep tension here", he says in a quiet voice.Four lifts his hand and keeps walking. I feel the pressure of his palm even after he's gone. It's strange, but I have to stop and breathe for a few seconds before I can keep practicing again."
Author: Veronica Roth
49. "When you follow your heart, you're never supposed to do things because of what you think people might say. You do it for the opposite reasons."
50. "Always follow your heart ... But take your brain with you too.... Be smart."
Author: Ziad K. Abdelnour
Quotes About Follow Your Heart Pictures