Famous Quotes About Following Orders
Browse 12 famous quotes and sayings about Following Orders.
Top Quotes About Following Orders
1. "Following the Second World War, we are a country of one ethnicity. After the moving of the borders, after the tragedy of the Holocaust and the murder of Polish Jews, we don't have large minority groups."
Author: Aleksander Kwasniewski
2. "Following orders is right. Giving orders for the wrong reasons isn't."
Author: Aleksandr Voinov
3. "You next saw her when the incident occurred?" "That's correct." "Did you try to figure out what was happening?" "You're not military, you don't understand how we work. I'm not supposed to ask questions. I was just following orders." "What orders were those?" "We have a duty to protect civilians." "So there wasn't a specific order that drove your decision?""Now you're nitpicking." "We're being exact, Major. We'd appreciate it if you tried to do the same."
Author: Amie Kaufman
4. "If you trade your authenticity for safety, you may experience the following: anxiety, depression, eating disorders, addiction, rage, blame, resentment, and inexplicable grief."
Author: Brené Brown
5. "Dr Adams was following my orders if you want to blame someone blame me -casiusoh i do,I'm just so pissed i had extra left over - Jace"
Author: D.D. Barant
6. "Just following orders' is no excuse unless you're in the bedroom."
Author: Donna Lynn Hope
7. "Peope, especially unhappy people, want a cause. They want something to belong to, to be a part of something great and bigger, and to be led. It's easy to be a cog in a machine: you don't have to think, you have no responsibility. You're just following orders, doing as you're told."
Author: Ilona Andrews
8. "No, it's human, Curran said. That's the problem. People, especially unhappy people, want a cause. They want something to belong to, to be a part of something great and bigger, and to be led. It's easy to be a cog in a machine: you don't have to think, you have no responsibility. You're just following orders. Doing as your told."
Author: Ilona Andrews
9. "This is precisely why I loathed being a teacher! Young people are so infernally convinced that they are absolutely right about everything. Has it not occurred to you, my poor puffed-up poppinjay, that there might be an excellent reason why the Headmaster of Hogwarts is not confiding every tiny detail of his plans to you? Have you never paused, while feeling hard-done-by, to note that following Dumbledore's orders has never yet led you into harm? No. No, like all young people, you are quite sure that you alone feel and think, you alone recognise danger, you alone are the only one clever enough to realise what the Dark Lord may be planning."
Author: J.K. Rowling
10. "We relinquished our freedom that day, and we were more than happy to see it go. From that moment on we lived in true freedom, the freedom to point to someone else and say "They told me to do it! It's their fault, not mine." The freedom, God help us, to say "I was only following orders."-World War Z"
Author: Max Brooks
11. "Most aspects of my training didn't agree with me. There wasn't as much bossing around as I'd hoped for, and there was way too much following orders."
Author: Rachel Vincent
12. "Q: What's hard for you?A: Mostly I straddle reality and the imagination. My reality needs imagination like a bulb needs a socket. My imagination needs reality like a blind man needs a cane. Math is hard. Reading a map. Following orders. Carpentry. Electronics. Plumbing. Remembering things correctly. Straight lines. Sheet rock. Finding a safety pin. Patience with others. Ordering in Chinese. Stereo instructions in German."
Author: Tom Waits
Quotes About Following Orders Pictures