Famous Quotes About Fools And Money
Browse 14 famous quotes and sayings about Fools And Money.
Top Quotes About Fools And Money
1. "For the word "We" must never be spoken, save by one's choice and as a second thought. This word must never be placed first within man's soul, else it becomes a monster, the root of all the evils on earth, the root of man's torture by men, and of an unspeakable lie.The word "We" is as lime poured over men, which sets and hardens to stone, and crushes all beneath it, and that which is white and that which is black are lost equally in the grey of it. It is the word by which the depraved steal the virtue of the good, by which the weak steal the might of the strong, by which the fools steal the wisdom of the sages."
Author: Ayn Rand
2. "A man without god is a lost man. Every man believe in something. We CANT live by ourselves thinking only in money and possesions. We HAVE to live WITH others and love each other, and NEVER hate, because when you hate someone, you destroy your soul a little bit every day, and when the last day of our live come, we dont have the energy or the strenght to forgive, and repent of our sins, and thats whats kill us FOREVER, leading us to a eternal prision inside us, called "Hell". Hope you understand my perspective of life, that I assume is right."
3. "What makes the most money for this business? Dead rock stars."
Author: Courtney Love
4. "As soon as a Western man comes into contact with the East -- he's already confused. The West has sort of an international rape mentality towards the East. ...Basically, 'Her mouth says no, but her eyes say yes.' The West thinks of itself as masculine -- big guns, big industry, big money -- so the East is feminine -- weak, delicate, poor...but good at art, and full of inscrutable wisdom -- the feminine mystique. Her mouth says no, but her eyes say yes. The West believes the East, deep down, wants to be dominated -- because a woman can't think for herself. ...You expect Oriental countries to submit to your guns, and you expect Oriental women to be submissive to your men."
Author: David Henry Hwang
5. "Who says that money don't matter?If you are Rich all the world will know about you, if you are poor no one give a crap about what it's happening to you!"Life It's Short, enjoy this moment."
Author: Ebelsain Villegas
6. "Why then should money be blamed for all the dirt and crimes it causes? For is love less filthy - love which creates life?"
Author: Émile Zola
7. "Ben understood at last that money was one big dragon, with a billion dollars for a head, and a penny on the tip of its tail. It had as many voices as there were men and women, and it captured all who were fools enough to listen to it all the time."
Author: Kurt Vonnegut
8. "My conflicts of conscience are about the only battles I'm fighting these days, and I'm willing to fight until the end. There is something freeingabout this life, about living out of a single backpack and disappearing into the night. About smelling terrible and never remembering people's names. About never having to say you're sorry. We exist outside of society. We stay up late and sleep even later. Weare bandits, pirates, serial killers. The dregs. Someone should lock us up and never let us out again. But instead, they give us their money, they offer us their beds. We are notgoing to pay for the beer. We are not going to be back here for a good, long while. We have prior engagements. We have the money in a duffel bag. We have no shame. Fuck guilt. Back to life."
Author: Pete Wentz
9. "But we do need a breather. We do need knowledge. And perhaps in a thousand years we might pick smaller cliffs to jump off. The books are to remind us what asses and fools we are. They're Caesar's praetorian guard, whispering as the parade roars down the avenue, ‘Remember, Caesar, thou art mortal.' Most of us can't rush around, talk to everyone, know all the cities of the world, we haven't time, money or that many friends. The things you're looking for, Montag, are in the world, but the only way the average chap will ever see ninety-nine per cent of them is in a book."
Author: Ray Bradbury
10. "Children get food shelter pocket money longholidays and love, all of it apparently free gratis, and most of the little fools think it's a sort of compensation for having been born. 'There are no strings on me!' They sang; but I, pinnoccio, saw the strings. Parents are impelled by the profit motive - nothing more, nothing less. For their attentions, they expected, from me, the immense dividend of greatness."
Author: Salman Rushdie
11. "People turn into fools when they see a movie star and do weird things."
Author: Sam Neill
12. "The first rule in making money is not to lose it."
Author: Steven J. Lee
13. "The coach passed by many buildings of this sort, which would no doubt be little palaces to the occupants, who had escaped from Cockbill Street and Pigsty Hill and all the other neighbourhoods where people still dreamed that they could ‘better themselves', an achievement that might be attained, oh happy day, when they had ‘a little place of their own'. It was an inspiring dream, if you didn't look too deeply into words like mortgage and repayments and repossession and bankruptcy, and the lower middle classes of Ankh-Morpork, who saw themselves as being trodden on by the class above and illegally robbed by the one below, lined up with borrowed money to purchase, by instalments, their own little Oi Dong"
Author: Terry Pratchett
14. "HIS chosen comrades thought at schoolHe must grow a famous man;He thought the same and lived by rule,All his twenties crammed with toil;'What then?' sang Plato's ghost. 'What then?'Everything he wrote was read,After certain years he wonSufficient money for his need,Friends that have been friends indeed;'What then?' sang Plato's ghost. ' What then?'All his happier dreams came true --A small old house, wife, daughter, son,Grounds where plum and cabbage grew,poets and Wits about him drew;'What then.?' sang Plato's ghost. 'What then?'The work is done,' grown old he thought,'According to my boyish plan;Let the fools rage, I swerved in naught,Something to perfection brought';But louder sang that ghost, 'What then?"
Author: W.B. Yeats
Quotes About Fools And Money Pictures