Famous Quotes About Forged By Fire
Browse 16 famous quotes and sayings about Forged By Fire.
Top Quotes About Forged By Fire
1. "There is satisfaction in knowing that something good and right and true was part of you. That you had the blessing, gift, good fortune, perfect luck, to know someone like this, to pass through fire and water and stone and sky together and emerge, all of you, strong enough to hold on, strong enough to let go. (Cassia)"
Author: Ally Condie
2. "This was a time to prepare for the cold weather, to store up fire and wood. But in those days of the triumph of materialism, matter had become a disembodied idea, and the problems of alimentation and fuel supply took the place of food and firewood."
Author: Boris Pasternak
3. "I have defeated this earthworm with my words. Imagine what I would have done with my fire breathing fists."
Author: Charlie Sheen
4. "Are they real fires? Or are people just reacting to something? Just because there's an alarm going doesn't mean it's a fire. And I think that people are confusing the two. It's only a fire when it offends the fans, and the fans turn on you. Tosh has fans, and they get the joke. If you've watched enough Tracy Morgan, you let the worst thing go by. When did Tracy Morgan become Walter Cronkite? You have to mean something to me to offend me. You can't break up with me if we don't date."
Author: Chris Rock
5. "The fire crackled. On Jutaire, without oxygen, the fire is different. Fed by different air. Maybe it wishes it were orange, for it sputters and reaches up to the sky with angry fists of blue and purple. It still doesn't know we can't all get what we want."
Author: Hafsah Laziaf
6. "The door to Blay's room opened wide without a knock, a hello, a hey-are-you-decent.Qhuinn stood in between the jambs, breathing hard, like he'd run down the hall of statues.Sh**, had Layla lost the pregnancy after all?Those mismatched eyes searched around. "You by yourself?"Why the hell would— Oh, Saxton. Right. "Yes—"The male took three strides forward, reached up . . . and kissed the ever-loving crap out of Blay.The kiss was the kind that you remembered all your life, the connection forged with such totality that everything from the feel of the body against your own, to the warm slid of another's lips on yours, to the power as well as the control, was etched into your mind..."
Author: J.R. Ward
7. "Now the Elves made many rings; but secretly Sauron made One Ring to rule all the others, and their power was bound up with it, to be subject wholly to it and to last only so long as it too should last. And much of the strength and will of Sauron passed into that One Ring; for the power of the Elven-rings was very great, and that which should govern them must be a thing of surpassing potency; and Sauron forged it in the Mountain of Fire in the Land of Shadow. And while he wore the One Ring he could perceive all the things that were done by means of the lesser rings, and he could see and govern the very thoughts of those that wore them."
Author: J.R.R. Tolkien
8. "But he was no longer in Tollygunge. He had stepped out of it as he had stepped so many mornings out of his dreams, its reality and its particular logic rendered meaningless in the light of day. The difference was so extreme that he could not accommodate the two places together in his mind. In this enormous new country, there seemed to be nowhere for the old to reside. There was nothing to link them; he was the sole link. Here life ceased to obstruct or assault him. Here was a place where humanity was not always pushing, rushing, running as if with a fire at its back"
Author: Jhumpa Lahiri
9. "He lives. I breathe. I want. Him. Always. Fire to my ice. Ice to my fever. -Mac"
Author: Karen Marie Moning
10. "We Lesbian Avengers have built this shrine. It stands for our fear. It stands for our grief. It stands for our rage. And it enshrines our intention to live fully and completely as who we are, wherever we are. We take the fire of action into our hearts. And we take it into our bodies. And we stand, here and now, to make it known that we are here, and here we will stay. Our fear does not consume us. Their fire will not consume us. We take that fire, and we make it our own."
Author: Kelly J. Cogswell
11. "AND where did the books go when the world turned against them? When the flames of wrath blackened their pages and erased the words, they fled to find solace and redemption in the dark places of the world."They were exiled into darkness so their own light might one day return to illuminate the world. They went underground, literally and metaphorically, so that their haven became the hidden places far beneath the feet of their persecutors."Thus was born the Incunabula: it was forged by fire and persecution, to preserve and protect until the book might rise, Phoenix-like, from the ashes of demise."
Author: Mark Cantrell
12. "The best legacy a man can leave his children is the memory and influence of a large, broad, finely developed mentality, a well-disciplined, highly cultured mind, a sweet, beautiful character which has enriched everybody who came in contact with it, a refined personality, a magnanimous spirit. To leave a clean record, an untarnished name, a name which commanded respect for honesty and integrity which were above suspicion ; this is a legacy worthwhile, a wealth beyond the reach of fire or flood, disaster or accident on land or sea. This is a legacy allied to divinity."
Author: Orison Swett Marden
13. "Nature is not always tricked in holiday attire, but the same scene which yesterday breathed perfume and glittered as for the frolic of the nymphs, is overspread with melancholy today. Nature always wears the colors of the spirit. To a man laboring under calamity, the heat of his own fire hath sadness in it."
Author: Ralph Waldo Emerson
14. "Strength through adversity. The strongest steel is forged by the fires of hell. It is pounded and struck repeatedly before it's plunged back into the molten fire. The fire gives it power and flexibility, and the blows give it strength. Those two things make the metal pliable and able to withstand every battle it's called upon to fight. (Savitar)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
15. "I'm fine, Mom. Thanks for asking."..."Of course you're fine." She keeps walking. "You're the devil's bride and these are his creatures."..."I'm not the devil's bride." "He carried you out of the fire and is letting you visit us from the dead. Who else would have those privileges except his bride?"
Author: Susan Ee
16. "I am full of fire and passion. I am not ready yet for great concentration and passion."
Author: Zane Grey
Quotes About Forged By Fire Pictures