Famous Quotes About Forget Love
Browse 289 famous quotes and sayings about Forget Love.
Top Quotes About Forget Love
1. "The hollowness in his chest, the tense yearning, the loneliness he braces against, every morning until he can immerse himself in work and forget. Not love. Something else, something with a power that endures. Not love, but a memory of love."
Author: Aminatta Forna
2. "People never forget two things, their first love and the money they wasted watching a bad movie."
Author: Amit Kalantri
3. "They are so young, they forget that the world is not as in love with them as they are."
Author: Ann Marie MacDonald
4. "We were bullied, broken, built up, bronzed and polished. We grew dull, dusty, doubtful, dark, and forgetful.Yet we still know that we can love deeply."
Author: Antonia Perdu
5. "You won't always spoil her .or treat her like a princess.You won't tell her she's beautiful everyday.You won't make her smile every night and you won't always want her the way you do now.That fades.Those giddy little stomach flutters fade and you're then left with reality.There will be day's you will forget to tell her she's beautiful,even though she needs to hear it.There will be days you'll to say i love you.There will be days you'll forget a birthday or an anniversary.There will be a time when she will walk past you and you won;t want to ravish her, the way you do now.Those things fade, and when they do, what's left is what's truly worth fighting for Love isn't always beautiful, heck,it's not even close to being perfect half the time,feelings change, the spark dies down and what you're left with is something you either chose to fight for you don't When you know that even through those things are gone,you're still willing to fight for every breath ,then you know the love is real."
Author: Bec Botefuhr
6. "In this country, don't forget, a habit is no damn private hell. There's no solitary confinement outside of jail. A habit is hell for those you love. And in this country it's the worst kind of hell for those who love you."
Author: Billie Holiday
7. "I think humans might be like butterflies; people die every day without many other people knowing about them, seeing their colors, hearing their stories... and when humans are broken, they're like broken butterfly wings; suddenly there are so many beauties that are seen in different ways, so many thoughts and visions and possibilities that form, which couldn't form when the person wasn't broken! So it is not a very sad thing to be broken, after all! It's during the times of being broken, that you have all the opportunities to become things unforgettable! Just like the broken butterfly wing that I found, which has given me so many thoughts, in so many ways, has shown me so many words, and imaginations! But butterflies need to know, that it doesn't matter at all if the whole world saw their colors or not! But what matters is that they flew, they glided, they hovered, they saw, they felt, and they knew! And they loved the ones whom they flew with! And that is an existence worthwhile!"
Author: C. JoyBell C.
8. "Sometimes you forget how much you love someone, until you realize their smile is like a spotlight shined on your heart."
Author: Cassia Leo
9. "Its hard to stay up. Its been a long long dayAnd you've got the sandman at your door. But hang on, leave the TV on and lets do it anyway.Its ok. You can always sleep through work tomorrow. Ok?Hey, Hey, Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.Tell the clock on the wall, "Forget the wake up call."Cause the night's not nearly through.Wipe the sleep from your eyes. Give yourself a surprise.Let your worries wait another day.And if you stay too late at the bar,At least you made it out this far. So make up your mind and say, "Let's do it anyway!"Its OkYou can always sleep through work tomorrow, ok? Hey, Hey, Tomorrow's just your future yesterday. Life's too short to worry about the things that you can live withoutAnd I regret to say, the morning light is hours away.The world can be such a fright, But it belongs to us tonight.What's the point of going to bed?You look so lovely when your eyes are red.Tomorrow's just your future yesterday."
Author: Craig Ferguson
10. "The most basic and somehow forgettable thing is this: Love is not pain. Love is goodness. And real love--it's less shiny than solid and simple."
Author: Deb Caletti
11. "Has the old man lost his freaking mind? Would I ask him to share something he's worked his assoff for? Would he let someone else drive his 1962 cherry Mustang convertible? Would he open hisbedroom door and let some other guy screw his wife?Okay, that was too far. I take it back—considering his wife is my mother. Forget I ever referredto my mother and screwing in the same sentence. That's just…wrong. On so many levels.But for the love of God, tell me you see my point."
Author: Emma Chase
12. "I forget, because it's hard to realize that the same person who gives you so much love, and to whom you give so much in return, can go through the kinds of pain and suffering that nothing you do can alleviate."
Author: Esther Earl
13. "He swore by all that he ever had loved and reverenced that he would try, try with all his might in the short time that might remain to him...he would forget himself, he would put his own pain and chagrin and disappointment, his own feeling of defeat and uselessness, his own craving for love and intellectual companionship in the background, and he would see if the more than six feet of bone and muscle that contained his being could do any small service that might come his way for God and his fellow man before he went. Maybe if he could accomplish some little thing, something that would ease the ache of even one heart that ached as his was aching at that minute, just maybe that knowledge would be the secret that he might carry in his breast that would set the stamp of an indelible smile on his face, so that even a child could discern the majesty of the impulse and he would not be ashamed when the end came."
Author: Gene Stratton Porter
14. "How easy it is to hate oneself! True grace is to forget. Yet if pride could die in us, the supreme grace would be to love oneself in all simplicity—as one would love any one of those who themselves have suffered and loved in Christ."
Author: Georges Bernanos
15. "I've known pain my whole life, but this is a new kind for me. It isn't born of something wrong or ugly. This pain is conceived out of beauty— my love for Jack Henry McLachlan. I embrace it. I clutch it as tightly as I can with both fists because I never want to forget the love I have for him. Loving him will forever be my Beauty from Pain."
Author: Georgia Cates
16. "To eat Ugali is an art of adventure in itself. Forget cutlery because all you need is your lovely fingers."
Author: Gloria D. Gonsalves
17. "She didn't want to forget how deeply she had loved him, how important it had been to her; she felt as if to discard the memory would be a betrayal of her younger self."
Author: Harriet Evans
18. "Happiness celebrates how we feel, but we can rejoice over what we know is true regardless of feeling. Joy is the realization that we no longer have to live under our own power. The expression of thanks and the vocalization of delight and hope for a greater purpose that we know nothing of is fullness of joy. In that dark prison ward, the ten Boom sisters felt a pleasure not in the fleas but in the God who allowed them. They rejoiced not in the hunger and sickness but in the God who never forgets or rejects those who love Him and seek His face" (p. 44)."
Author: Hayley DiMarco
19. "Instead of practicing philoxenos, which means loving the stranger, we find many times that the church is xenophobic. We forget that Jesus, whom we claim to follow, was the ultimate lover of otherness in people. Even differences in religion didn't freak Jesus out when it came to loving people."
Author: Holly Sprink
20. "Forgetfulness heals everything and song is the most beautiful manner of forgetting, for in song man feels only what he loves."
Author: Ivo Andric
21. "Love is always ready to deny itself, to give, sacrifice, just in the measure of its sincerity and intensity. Perfect love is perfect self-forgetfulness. Hence where there is love in a home, unselfishness is the law. Each forgets self and lives for others.But where there is selfishness it mars joy. One selfish soul will destroy the sweetness of life in any home. It is like an ugly bush in the midst of a garden of flowers. It was selfishness that destroyed the first home and blighted all the loveliness of Paradise; and it has been blighting lovely things in earth's home ever since. We need to guard against this spirit."
Author: J.R. Miller
22. "At college, I was told there were four great women novelists in the 19th century – Jane Austen, George Eliot, Charlotte and Emily Brontë. Not one of them led an enviable life – all of them had to sacrifice ludicrously in order to be writers. I wasn't prepared to do that.You could become ill so that you could retreat to the bedroom, avoid your domestic responsibilities and write like Emily Dickinson and Christina Rossetti. You had to forget about writing if you weren't prepared to sacrifice any other things you might want from life, like kids or lovers. It's not like that now."
Author: Jeanette Winterson
23. "Perhaps it is difficult to see the value in having one's self back in that kind of mood, but I do see it; I think we are well advised to keep on nodding terms with the people we used to be, whether we find them attractive company or not. Otherwise they turn up unannounced and surprise us, come hammering on the mind's door at 4 a.m. of a bad night and demand to know who deserted them, who betrayed them, who is going to make amends. We forget all too soon the things we thought we could never forget. We forget the loves and the betrayals alike, forget what we whispered and what we screamed, forget who we were."
Author: Joan Didion
24. "Poem by Howard A. Walter (Character)I would be true, for there are those who trust me;I would be pure, for there are those who care;I would be strong, for there are those who suffer;I would be brave, for there is much to dare.I would be friend of all--- the foe, the friendless;I would be giving, and forget the gift;I would be humble, for I know my weakness;I would look up, and laugh, and love, and lift."
Author: John C. Maxwell
25. "Khesed...mercy...love. It's God's nature, His essence. Don't forget that, through all this, don't forget that. Judgement is His necessity, but His nature and essence, His heart, is love. He's the one always calling out to the lost to be saved."
Author: Jonathan Cahn
26. "...sometimes I do actually forget that the person to whom I owe that love is a real person, complete in himself, not someone who should make do with some rather diffuse emotion which gradually resigns itself to its own fatal vagueness, as if that were a fate against which there were no possible appeal..."
Author: José Saramago
27. "It was heaven. Forget angels, forget St. Peter and glittering harpsichords. Heaven was a dance in the arms of one's true love."
Author: Julia Quinn
28. "So I'm reading some poem by Louise . . . something, I forget her last name, but it's about Hades and the underworld, and I don't even notice that Paige has come up to my table until she says, ‘Doesn't everyone want love?' And I'm thinking, wow, that's a pretty deep question, but then again Paige is really smart, and this is my chance to finally show her that I'm not just a dumb jock. So I say, ‘I heard this theory once that love means your subconscious is attracted to someone else's subconscious.'""Very deep," Cade said."Exactly. And I'm feeling proud of myself for that one, until she points to the book and says, ‘Oh, that wasn't a question. I was just quoting a line from the poem."
Author: Julie James
29. "All that Ruby said was so horribly true, she was leaving everything she cared for. She had laid up her treasures on earth only. She had lived solely for the little things of life, the things that pass, forgetting the great things that go onward into eternity bridging the gulf between the two lives and making of death a mere passing of one dwelling to the other. From twilight to unclouded day. ...it was no wonder her soul clung in blind helplessness to the only things she knew and loved."
Author: L.M. Montgomery
30. "Fear. Blame. Don't forget. Mom. I love you.-Lauren Oliver, Delerium"
Author: Lauren Oliver
31. "Power dies, power goes under and gutters out, ungraspable. It is momentary, quick of flight and liable to deceive. As soon as you rely on the possession it is gone. Forget that it ever existed, and it returns. I never made the mistake of thinking that I owned my own strength, that was my secret. And so I never was alone in my failures. I was never to blame entirely when all was lost, when my desperate cures had no effect on the suffering of those I loved. For who can blame a man waiting, the doors open, the windows open, food offered, arms stretched wide? Who can blame him if the visitor does not arrive."
Author: Louise Erdrich
32. "Breathless, I gazed into his eyes. "I love you Ollie. No matter what happens, never forget that. I will always love you. You have a piece of my heartforever."Beaming at me the tip of his nose touched mine as his forehead rested against my own. "I love you too Layla. You've had my heart since themoment you looked up at me from the hallway floor. You always will."
Author: Marie Coulson
33. "Without devotion any life becomes a stranger's story...told for the body to forget what it once loved."
Author: Marie Howe
34. "Love is passion, obsession, someone you can't live without. If you don't start with that, what are you going to end up with? Fall head over heels. I say find someone you can love like crazy and who'll love you the same way back. And how do you find him? Forget your head and listen to your heart. I'm not hearing any heart. Run the risk, if you get hurt, you'll come back. Because, the truth is there is no sense living your life without this. To make the journey and not fall deeply in love - well, you haven't lived a life at all. You have to try. Because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived."
Author: Meet Joe Black
35. "I tried opening the door to the car again, forgetting the darned thing would not open. "You need to get this door fixed," I nagged. "It's not broken, my lovely," David grinned. "Then why won't it open?" "Child locks to keep the princess from opening the door herself." He gave me a crooked smile. "Oh," I blushed."
Author: Nely Cab
36. "I knew your face before your heart, I saw your pain right from the start A stunning sight I won't forget, Tears that flowed out of regret, So take your time and take your spaceI'll be here while you navigate My love for you alone will wait My love for you alone will wait You captured me before I knew A rare reward, a heart so true How could it be with just one look, My world was changed, my love unhooked So take your time and take your space I'll be here while you navigate My love for you alone will wait My love for you alone will wait I only want to see you freed Outside the walls you cannot see So break away from debts not yoursReceive the grace that's been out-poured So take your time and take your space I'll be here while you navigate My love for you alone will wait My love for you alone will wait"Deese, Nicole (2013-01-22). All For Anna (Letting Go) (p. 234-235). . Kindle Edition."
Author: Nicole Deese
37. "I think so many young girls get caught up in the challenge of being with somebody who's dangerous, who's bad, who's enticing, who's all of those things, and you forget what it's like to enjoy simple love."
Author: Nikki Reed
38. "It's risky, falling in love.""I know that," I answered. "I've been in love before. It's like a narcotic. At first it brings the euphoria of complete surrender. The next day, you want more. You're not addicted yet, but you like the sensation, and you think you can still control things. You think about the person you love for two minutes, and forget them for three hours."But then you get used to that person, and you begin to be completely dependent on them. Now you think about him for three hours and forget him for two minutes. If he's not there, you feel like an addict who can't get a fix. And just as addicts steal and humiliate themselves to get what they need, you're willing to do anything for love.""What a horrible way to put it," he said."
Author: Paulo Coelho
39. "Love is the way that life forgets that it is terminal. Love is life's alibi in the face of death."
Author: Peter Godwin
40. "After you're gone, people will forget your name, no matter how important it was, and your face, no matter how pretty it was, and what you said, no matter how clever any of it sounded.The things you've done will crumble and fade and the places you once loved, will change and be given new names.You are only here for one moment and it lasts exactly one lifetime."
41. "I guess in my beer-soaked mind it would all just magically work out, and she'd be so happy to see me she'd forget about everything else. Because everybody loves having the drunken self-pitying boyfriend banging on their door at, Jesus, four thirty in the morning."
Author: Rachel Caine
42. "Hinged to forgetfulnesslike a door,she slowly closed out ofsight,and she was the woman I loved,but too many times she slept likea mechanical deer in my caresses,and I ached in the metal silenceof her dreams."
Author: Richard Brautigan
43. "The lovers of the world are the ones who matter. Forget the rest. Jesus was a lover. He doesn't hate anyone."
Author: Scylar Tyberius
44. "Listen and I'll tell you what akri once told me. We have three kinds of family. Those we are born to, those who are born to us, and those we let into our hearts. I have let you into my heart so the Simi is your family and she won't give you up. If you are sad right now, then I'm thinking your family is still in your heart too, and they are taking up so much room that you have no room for anyone else. (Simi)I can't give them up. (Gallagher)And you shouldn't. Ever. No one should ever forget those they love. But it's like with QVC – whenever I fill up my room with too much stuff, akri builds me another room. Somehow there's always space for more. Your heart can always expand to take in as many people as you need it to. The people who live there, they don't go away. You just make room for one more person and then another and another and another. (Simi)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
45. "...Nameless, unknown to me as you were, I couldn't forget your voice!''For how long?''O - ever so long. Days and days.''Days and days! Only days and days? O, the heart of a man! Days and days!''But, my dear madam, I had not known you more than a day or two. It was not a full-blown love - it was the merest bud - red, fresh, vivid, but small. It was a colossal passion in embryo. It never returned."
Author: Thomas Hardy
46. "The heart that has truly loved never forgets, But as truly loves on to the close."
Author: Thomas Moore
47. "May each of us remember this truth; 'one cannot forget mother and remember God. One cannot remember mother and forget God.' Why? Because these two sacred persons, God and mother, partners in creation, in love, in sacrifice, in service, are as one."
Author: Thomas S. Monson
48. "It was hard not to feel resentment that men weren't forced into these choices. Some days she felt that she would spend all her time trying to forget her life before children because she loved them too much to be reminded of the heat of Rome in the summer and a beautiful girl who turned heads as she walked down an Italian strada."
Author: Whitney Otto
49. "As an unperfect actor upon the stageWho with much fear is put besides his partOr some fierce thing, replete with too much rageWhose strengths abundance weakens his own heartSo I, for fear of trust, forget to sayThe perfect ceremony of love's riteAnd in mine own love's strength seem to decayO'ercharged with burthen of my own love's mighto, let my books be then the eloquenceAnd dumb presagers of my speaking breastWho plead for love, and look for recompenseMore than that tongue that more hath express'd.O, learn to read what silent love hath writTo hear with eyes belongs to love's fine wit."
Author: William Shakespeare
50. "Takahashi... I will always believe... what you tell me. That's the one thing that hasn't changed for me. You told me the last time we met, remember? You told me I'd be fine. You want to know something? You're my compass.How did I forget that? When did I forget that? We were always together. The love you always showed me... so tenderly... That precious heart I didn't want to break..."
Author: Yuuki Obata
Quotes About Forget Love Pictures