Famous Quotes About Formaldehyde
Browse 10 famous quotes and sayings about Formaldehyde.
Top Quotes About Formaldehyde
1. "In recent years, a green burial movement has protested formaldehyde, which oxidizes to formic acid, the toxic in fire ants and bee stingers, as yet one more poison to leach into water tables: careless people, polluting even from the tomb."
Author: Alan Weisman
2. "As it happens, the first souvenir I bought was a dried llama fetus. Revolting as it may sound, my poor stillborn llama is actually rather cute. Frozen in the fetal position and dried stiff like beef jerky, it has the gentle, smiling face of a camel and plenty of soft, if slightly formaldehyde-scented, fur. I bought the llama fetus partly because it horrified me, but also for educational purposes, so that my eight-year-old daughter Sophia could show it to her class. (She refused.)Bolivians buy llama fetuses to ward off evil in its many guises. Bolivian miners—who, with a life expectancy of forty-five years, basically live their entire adult lives dying—look to llama fetuses for protection against dynamite explosions and the lung-destroying silicon particulates they inhale all day. Downing high-proof alcohol also helps. "The purer the alcohol, the purer the minerals I find," one miner told me wryly."
Author: Amy Chua
3. "Did you finish yours, Kota?""Working on it now, Actually.""How's it going?"He sat up, turning in his chair and holding up his notebook. "I don't know. What rhymes with formaldehyde?"My eyes widened. Gabriel laughed, rubbing his fingers against his forehead. "Dude, what kind of poem are you writing?"Kota blinked at us. "It's about a doctor.""Does the doctor fall in love?" Gabriel asked."No.""Does someone die?""Not in the story, technically.""What does he do?""He performs an autopsy."
Author: C.L. Stone
4. "Sure, some find gunning down unsuspecting, innocent animals to be a real hoot. I mean, for Christ sake, they mantle the decapitated, formaldehyde-stuffed heads on the wall. Then, of course, there are the people who enjoy putting sunglasses or hats on it, even putting a blowout in its mouth as if it were an avid party animal. If it had any hands, there would surely be a plastic cup full of cheap beer in it, as well. We can't forget that it would be named some horrendous name, such as Bill or Frank, something so plain, ordinary, and down-right ridiculous that makes me want to bitch-slap the perpetrators."
Author: Chase Brooks
5. "My boarding school experience was the only thing I had strong enough feelings to write about for hundreds and hundreds of pages. I can still smell the formaldehyde of the fetal pigs in biology."
Author: Curtis Sittenfeld
6. "I thought it was lack of WILL POWER that made me get drunk. I thought it was a CHARACTER FLAW. I knew nothing about blood sugar or insulin or how alcohol makes a person drunk. I didn't know what alcohol is. It is highly concentrated sugar. Like all sugar it is highly addictive. Alcohol destroys the brain's ability to have pleasure in other things. It is like swallowing razor blades. It is like battery acid. It turns into formaldehyde and formic acid in the brain. Formic acid is the stuff of bee stings."
Author: Ellen Gilchrist
7. "You know, of course, the specimens are not alive. We have to fix them in a fixing liquid formaldehyde and then we have to do a rinsing and then we have to coat them in a thin layer of gold."
Author: Lennart Nilsson
8. "The dead think they can get away with anything because you'll feel sorry for them. If you play cards with the dead, make sure you deal and don't let them buy you drinks. They'll slip you a formaldehyde roofie and pry the gold fillings out of your teeth."
Author: Richard Kadrey
9. "Laboratory scientists use formaldehyde as a disinfectant or preservative. They don't fucking drink it."
Author: Rory Freedman
10. "You wanna know why the world is f**ked? This is why, this is exactly why…right here. Get a pen, write this down, this is important…The world is f**ked up because I eat WonderBread preserved with formaldehyde that lasts three weeks and will never grow mold as long as it's kept in its magic silver bag. The world is f**ked up because I know my cans of tuna have mercury in it. The world is f**ked up because I know my flake light tuna and WonderBread are poisonous, yet I still eat them!"
Author: Shannon Lyndsy
Quotes About Formaldehyde Pictures