Famous Quotes About Fortieth Birthday
Browse 25 famous quotes and sayings about Fortieth Birthday.
Top Quotes About Fortieth Birthday
1. "My mother left us when I was twelve. She found a man who was not as parsimonious as my father and moved to Las Vegas, Nevada which is two thousand five hundred miles away. She doesn't visit. She doesn't call. She sends me a card on my birthday with fifty dollars in it, which my father nags me about until I finally go to the bank and deposit it. And so, for all six years she's been gone, I have $337 to show for having a mother.Dad says that thirty-seven bucks is good interest. He doesn't see the irony in that. He doesn't see the word interest as anything not connected to money because he's an accountant and to him, everything is a number.I think $37 and no other and no visits or phone calls is shitty interest."
Author: A.S. King
2. "I blushed when he stepped behind me, encircling my waist with his arms.His lips brushed against my ear. "I believe the answer that will not get me in trouble with you is: the happiest day of my life. Or something along those lines. Definitely not the end of my carefree days or when I get a ball and chain. Hmmm, I'm just realizing that I'm going to have to buy you birthday and anniversary presents at the same time. What a pain."
Author: Andrea Cremer
3. "In 1993 my birthday present was a star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame."
Author: Annette Funicello
4. "Well, I started conducting kind of by accident. I wanted to give myself a special birthday present for my fortieth birthday, and I was living in San Francisco at the time and I started attending some of the concerts and then simply dropping hints."
Author: Bobby McFerrin
5. "The psychotic clown I sent for his birthday will feel like a feather falling on a pillow atop a cloud. The laxative in my lunch? Child's play. If you think it was bad when I sent that fake resume for his open assistant position and the stripper came for the interview? No. We're talking Defcon Five, Vietcong-level mind fucking, do you hear me, Chloe?"
Author: Christina Lauren
6. "Actually, I came because I have a last-minute invitation. My friend Erika Gill is having a big party tomorrow night, one of those all-out birthday bashes that girls like. Want to go?"----------------------------------------"No. Sorry.""Since it's a catered thing, at a restaurant, I'll pick you up at- what did you say?""I'm sorry. I can't do it."----------------------------------------"You're busy?""I just can't do it," I said."
Author: Elizabeth Chandler
7. "I consider seeing my 30th birthday an accomplishment. You know, not many midgets live to be this tall."
Author: Jarod Kintz
8. "I got you a birthday present. The box is the exact same size as a coffin."
Author: Jarod Kintz
9. "Life. It's your birthday present. Open it up and play with it. Act like you like it. (The One who gave it to you is watching, after all. Don't want to hurt his feelings.) And if you don't like your life, CHANGE IT. It is all yours."
Author: Jill Conner Browne
10. "If you had to pack your whole life into a suitcase--not just the practical things, like clothing, but the memories of the people you had lost and the girl you had once been--what would you take? The last photograph you had of your mother? A birthday gift from your best friend--a bookmark embroidered by her? A ticket stub from the traveling circus that had come through town two years ago, where you and your father held your breath as jeweled ladies flew through the air, and a brave man stuck his head in the mouth of a lion? Would you take them to make wherever you were going feel like home, or because you needed to remember where you had come from?"
Author: Jodi Picoult
11. "This is probably as good a time as any to mention that I was holding a large birthday cake."
Author: Jonathan Tropper
12. "Only then, approaching my fortieth birthday, I made philosophy my life's work."
Author: Karl Jaspers
13. "Uh… not sure buying the entire store for that boy is good, Chace. If he's living on the street, the rest of the homeless population in Carnal will fall on him like vultures," I remarked.Then he turned to me. "Got one homeless guy in town, darlin'. He calls himself Outlaw Al. He celebrated his seven hundredth birthday this year and looks it. You talk to him, he'll swear he was the one who shot Billy the Kid. Every feral cat in Carnal will claw you soon as look at you but of any day or night, one or a dozen of ‘em will be curled into Al like he's their Momma. He has two teeth. And I don't see good things for his dental future since Shambles and Sunny built a small lean-to behind La-La Land so he'll have some protection from exposure. He was much obliged for this effort. Moved in while Shambles was still hammering in the nails. He mostly stays there except when it's his time to howl at the moon. And Shambles gives him baked goods he doesn't sell. I think our kid'll be good."
Author: Kristen Ashley
14. "?"But when I fell in love with black, it contained all color. It wasn't a negation of color. It was an acceptance. Because black encompasses all colors. Black is the most aristocratic color of all.... You can be quiet and it contains the whole thing." Happy birthday to Louise Nevelson (1899-1988)!"
Author: Louise Nevelson
15. "This is the way that it goes. In your mid forties you have your first crisis of mortality (death will not ignore me); and ten years later you have your first crisis of age (my body whispers that death is already intrigued by me). But something very interesting happens to you in between.As the fiftieth birthday approaches, you get that sense that your life is thinning out, and will continue to thin out, until it thins out into nothing. And you sometimes say to yourself; That went a bit quick. That went a bit quick. In certain moods you may want to put it a bit more forcefully. As in: OY!! That went a BIT FUCKING QUICK!!!.... Then fifty comes and goes, and fifty-one, and fifty-two. And life thickens out again. Because there is now an enormous and unsuspected presence within your being, like an undiscovered continent. This is the past."
Author: Martin Amis
16. "On a royal birthday every house must fly a flag, or the owner would be dragged to a police station and be fined twenty-five rubles."
Author: Mary Antin
17. "Odd, isn't it? You know when your birthday is, but not your death day, even though you pass the date year after year, never suspecting that some day…"
Author: Mary Downing Hahn
18. "Cimil's eyes lit. "The Niccolo DiConti? What an honor!" Niccolo stood a little taller then. "Yes, I seek your assistance." Cimil rolled her eyes. "Well, no duh. You didn't abandon your queen's side, risking her wrath, to see me in my fabulous birthday suit."
Author: Mimi Jean Pamfiloff
19. "It's just that, right now, I want to hear you promise me that if we do run out of time and I go mad, like Miranda, it ends with me. The curse ends here, because our baby will be safe. You will make that happen. Isn't that so?"It took him a minute. "Yes," he said finnally. "It's so. Although, if we're just going to talk about the baby, I can think of an easier way to save her."Oh? What?"I'd just lock her up from her sixteenth birthday on."Lucy didn't laugh. "Don't think I haven't thought of that too, love. but here's the thing. That parents try that in all the fairy tales. It never works."
Author: Nancy Werlin
20. "Okay," she said as he lit the candle and hummed the birthday song. "You know,this is all very Jake Ryan of you.""Who's Jake Ryan?""The hottie from Sixteen Candles—the best teenage movie ever made. The last scene looks just like this," she said, looking around the room."All right, well, don't you go wishing for him when you blow out the candle.""I love you,Jace. You're the only thing I want."
Author: Phoebe Lane
21. "I need dating advice. Fast...Julian, how did you meet your wife?"Julian shrugged. "My brother the sex god cursed me into a book for two thousand years. Grace got drunk on her birthday and summoned me out of it."Vane rolled his eyes. "That's useless. Kyrian? What about you?""I woke up handcuffed to Amanda."Vane could work with that. "So I need to get a set of handcuffs?"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
22. "I had a birthday one night on a farm we were shooting on. I walked into the tent, and there were 150 people waiting for me, all wearing masks of my face."
Author: Stephen Hopkins
23. "Why ruin my sister's birthday simply because the entire planet was going to hell in a hand basket?"
Author: T.C. Boyle
24. "Today is my thirtieth birthday and I sit on the ocean wave in the schoolyard and wait for Kate and think of nothing. Now in the thirty-first year of my dark pilgrimage on this earth and knowing less than I ever knew before, having learned only to recognize merde when I see it, having inherited no more from my father than a good nose for merde, for every species of shit that flies—my only talent—smelling merde from every quarter, living in fact in the very century of merde, the great shithouse of scientific humanism where needs are satisfied, everyone becomes an anyone, a warm and creative person, and prospers like a dung beetle, and one hundred percent of people are humanists and ninety-eight percent believe in God, and men are dead, dead, dead; and the malaise has settled like a fall-out and what people really fear is not that the bomb will fall but that the bomb will not fall—on this my thirtieth birthday, I know nothing and there is nothing to do but fall prey to desire."
Author: Walker Percy
25. "The night you gave me my birthday party... you were a young Lieutenant and I was a fragrant phantom, wasn't I? And it was a radiant night, a night of soft conspiracy and the trees agreed that it was all going to be for the best."
Author: Zelda Fitzgerald
Quotes About Fortieth Birthday Pictures