Famous Quotes About Fortitude In The Bible
Browse 25 famous quotes and sayings about Fortitude In The Bible.
Top Quotes About Fortitude In The Bible
1. "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. These subtilised interpretations are highly manifold according to their nature and have almost nothing to do with the original text. For me the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions."
Author: Albert Einstein
2. "I was taught a lot of Bible at home and had a voracious appetite for reading the Bible."
Author: Amy Grant
3. "Guys that preach verse-by-verse through books of the Bible - that is just cheating. It's cheating because that would be easy, first of all. That isn't how you grow people. No one in the Scripture modeled that."
Author: Andy Stanley
4. "The Bible is a collection of stories and myths based on hearsay transmitted from generation to generation and which were recorded by many (40 +) different authors during a period spanning possibly 1,600 or more years. The ‘evidence' then is only to be found in the Bible – no historical, scientific or authenticated archaeological evidence exists. If you check the internet for such evidence you will discover many websites by Christian ministries – all present the evidence only from the Bible. Most so-called archaeological evidence is based on supposition rather than fact."
Author: Brian Baker
5. "Now I certainly had no intention of lying on the form, but I was trying to think of a creative way to make homemaker sound more important. Then the thought struck me: I am more concerned about the opinion of the individual who will read this questionnaire than I am about the approval of the One who has called me to be a homemaker. I had succumbed to worldly thinking rather than viewing my profession as the Bible portrays it—a high calling from God."
Author: Carolyn Mahaney
6. "I try to stick to one, single rule, "If you don't have anything to say, shut the fuck up." I think that's in the Bible or something."
Author: Christopher Moore
7. "Don't call what isn't prophecy "prophecy." Don't say "the Lord told me" if you're not about to quote a Bible verse."
Author: Dan Phillips
8. "Should it concern us that the bible never calls us to ask Jesus into our hearts. Should it concern us that the bible never mentions such a superstitious sinners prayer and yet that is exactly what we have sold to so many as salvation."
Author: David Platt
9. "It is a fearful mistake for us to neglect the study of the Bible to investigate theories that are misleading, diverting minds from the words of Christ to fallacies of human production."
Author: Ellen G. White
10. "Nevertheless, should you have any doubts that we are stating sound doctrines, look up the references and see exactly what the Bible says and believe it in preference to any man. You cannot go wrong with this kind of advice. But in doing this, be sure you adhere to what is written, and that you do not let preconceived ideas cause you to be biased on any point. Do not try to make the Bible conform to your ideas. Always reconcile your ideas to the Bible. Let the plain language of the references given be read and understood in the same literal way that we would understand similar statements in any other book"
Author: Finis Jennings Dake
11. "I take my Bible with me, sometimes two of them, when I travel."
Author: Gabby Douglas
12. "I just think Texas and that whole Bible Belt section is so, like, corporate. And I don't agree with organized religion in that respect."
Author: Hunter Parrish
13. "To be disgraced in the eye of the world, to wear the appearance of infamy while her heart is all purity, her actions all innocence, and the misconduct of another the true source of her debasement, is one of those circumstances which peculiarly belong to the heroine's life, and her fortitude under it what particularly dignifies her character. Catherine had fortitude too; she suffered, but no mumur passed her lips."
Author: Jane Austen
14. "Well, Espen, you're no drug addict, so why do you beg?" "Because it's my mission to be mirror for mankind so that they can see which actions are great and which are small.""And which are great?"Espen sighed in despair, as though weary of repeating the obvious. "Charity. Sharing and helping your neighbor. The Bible deals with nothing else. In fact, you have to search extremely hard to find anything about sex before marriage, abortion, homosexuality, or a woman's right to speak in public. But, of course, it is easier for Pharisees to talk aloud about subordinate clauses than to describe and perform the great actions the Bible leaves us in no doubt about: You have to give half of what you own to someone who has nothing. Thousands of people are dying every day without hearing the words of God because these Christians will not let go of their earthly goods. I'm giving them a chance to reflect."
Author: Jo Nesbø
15. "Many people visualize a God who sits comfortably on a distant throne, remote, aloof, uninterested, and indifferent to the needs of mortals, until, it may be, they can badger him into taking action on their behalf. Such a view is wholly false. The Bible reveals a God who, long before it even occurs to man to turn to him, while man is still lost in darkness and sunk in sin, takes the initiative, rises from his throne, lays aside his glory, and stoops to seek until he finds him."
Author: John R.W. Stott
16. "The Bible is a complete Revelation from God to Man."
Author: Moroaswi Tumiso Victor
17. "Carry your Bible and live by it. There's a better chance that you will stay married if that much is true for either one of you - male or female."
Author: Phil Robertson
18. "Many who read their Bibles make the great mistake of confining all their reading to certain portions of the Bible which they enjoy. In this way they get no knowledge of the Bible as a whole. They miss altogether many of the most important phases of Bible truth."
Author: R.A. Torrey
19. "Love is a commitment that will be tested in the most vulnerable areas of spirituality, a commitment that will force you to make some very difficult choices. It is a commitment that demands that you deal with your lust, your greed, your pride, your power, your desire to control, your temper, your patience, and every area of temptation that the Bible clearly talks about. It demands the quality of commitment that Jesus demonstrates in His relationship to us."
Author: Ravi Zacharias
20. "Einstein was searching for String Theory. It not only reconciles General Relativity to Quantum Mechanics, but it reconciles Science and the Bible as well."
Author: Roy H. Williams
21. "For Americans, Acts 16:9 is the high-fructose corn syrup of Bible verses--an all-purpose ingredient we'll stir into everything from the ink on the Marshall Plan to canisters of Agent Orange. Our greatest goodness and our worst impulses come out of this missionary zeal, contributing to our overbearing (yet not entirely unwarranted) sense of our country as an inherently helpful force in the world. And, as with the apostle Paul, the notion that strangers want our help is sometimes a delusion."
Author: Sarah Vowell
22. "I'm a believer and I believe there is a more knowledgeable supreme being who created earth. I'm not surprise when I read the bible Psalm 14:1 which said ~ the fool says in his heart there is no God."
Author: Uzoma Nnadi
23. "When the Bible is understood in its literary and historical context; errors, contradictions, and inconsistencies pose no threat to spirituality, whether that spirituality is theistic, non-theistic, or even explicitly Jesus-centered. The graver threat to what Christians call godliness may be fundamentalism - religion that flows from literalism and fear, religion based on anachronism and law. Fundamentalism teachers, in effect, that the tattered musings of our ancestors, those human words that so poorly represent the content of human thinking, somehow adequately describe God. Fundamentalism offers identity, security, and simplicity, but at a price: by binding believers to the moral imitations and cultural trappings of the Ancients, it precludes a deeper embrace of goodness, love, and truth - in other words, of Divinity."
Author: Valerie Tarico
24. "Enfin, il y a un livre, un livre qui semble d'un bout à l'autre une émanation supérieure, un livre qui est pour l'univers ce que le Koran est pour l'islamisme, ce que les Védas sont pour l'Inde, un livre qui contient toute la sagesse humaine éclairée par toute la sagesse divine, un livre que la vénération des peuples appelle le livre, la Bible !"
Author: Victor Hugo
25. "So how do you find out what God thinks? The Christian says, you look in the Bible. And the Bible tells us that God forbids homosexual acts. Therefore, they are wrong.So basically the reasoning goes like this:(1) We are all obligated to do God's will.(2) God's will is expressed in the Bible.(3) The Bible forbids homosexual behavior.(4) Therefore, homosexual behavior is against God's will, or is wrong."
Author: William Lane Craig
Quotes About Fortitude In The Bible Pictures