Famous Quotes About Free Community College
Browse 11 famous quotes and sayings about Free Community College.
Top Quotes About Free Community College
1. "There is a frontier-line in human closenessThat love and passion cannot violate-- Though in silence mouth to mouth be solderedAnd passionate devotion cleave the heart.Here friendship, too, is powerless, and yearsOf that sublime and fiery happinessWhen the free soul has broken clearFrom the slow languor of voluptuousness.Those striving towards it are demented, andIf the line seem close enough to broach--Stricken with sadness...Now you understandWhy my heart does not beat beneath your touch."
Author: Anna Akhmatova
2. "With deregulation, privatisation, free trade, what we're seeing is yet another enclosure and, if you like, private taking of the commons. One of the things I find very interesting in our current debates is this concept of who creates wealth. That wealth is only created when it's owned privately. What would you call clean water, fresh air, a safe environment? Are they not a form of wealth? And why does it only become wealth when some entity puts a fence around it and declares it private property? Well, you know, that's not wealth creation. That's wealth usurpation."
Author: Elaine Bernard
3. "To be fully free to create, we must first find the courage and willingness to let go:Let go of the strategies that have worked for us in the past...Let go of our biases, the foundation of our illusions...Let go of our grievances, the root source of our victimhood...Let go of our so-often-denied fear of being found unlovable."
Author: Gordon MacKenzie
4. "To die to our neighbors means to stop judging them, to stop evaluating them, and thus to become free to be compassionate. Compassion can never coexist with judgment because judgment creates the distance, the distinction, which prevents us from really being with the other."
Author: Henri J.M. Nouwen
5. "I was set free because my greatest fear had been realized, and I still had a daughter who I adored, and I had an old typewriter and a big idea. And so rock bottom became a solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life."
Author: J. K. Rowling
6. "I went to Marion College for writing and I was kicked out of the writing school. I was asked to leave the writing program because I was corrupting the other students."
Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
7. "The pillars of classical liberalism call for flat taxes, with revenues put to limited uses; strong property rights; and free markets."
Author: Richard A. Epstein
8. "...at such moments of extreme panic and anguish you do manage that trick with time: you are at last free from the illusion that time is linear.In panic, time stops: past, present and future exist as a single overwhelming force. You then, perversely, want time to appear to run forwards because the 'future' is the only place you can see an escape from this intolerable overload of feeling. But at such moments time doesn't move. And if time isn't running, then all events that we think of as past or future are actually happening simultaneously. That is the really terrifying thing. And you are subsumed. You're buried, as beneath an avalanche, by the weight of simultaneous events."
Author: Sebastian Faulks
9. "Why would I ever write a book that made one person feel free when I can write something that will help thousands be free?"
Author: Shannon L. Alder
10. "So he worked.He lost weight; he walked light on the earth. Lack of physical labor, lack of variety of occupation, lack of social and sexual intercourse, none of these appeared to him as lacks, but as freedom. He was the free man: he could do what he wanted to do when he wanted to do it for as long as he wanted to do it. And he did. He worked. He work/played."
Author: Ursula K. Le Guin
11. "The moment that I realized that I wanted to be a better man for him and that because of him I was a better man than I was before I met him, that was when I realized that I loved him. No flaw that he had, no quirk could ever make me stop loving him and he knows that, so he's free to be himself and he's free to love me and because he loves me I'm free to be myself, knowing that no flaw that I have and no quirk could ever make him stop loving me."
Author: Vicktor Alexander
Quotes About Free Community College Pictures