Famous Quotes About Freewill
Browse 12 famous quotes and sayings about Freewill.
Top Quotes About Freewill
1. "Both freewill and (pre-) Determinism live in super-positional (coherent) state. Now the question arises that keeping the freewill thing in consideration, can one claim for defining state. Well then on this behalf, humanity can't reach to unification of any rational theory."
Author: Amar Singh Saini
2. "I will sacrifice a freewill offering to you; I will praise your name, O Lord, for it is good. (Ps. 54:6)"
Author: Beth Moore
3. "They understood freewill wasn't about physically resisting. Physical resistance isn't always possible … it is mentally, emotionally, and spiritually withstanding the pressure to forget humanity's potential for kindness over cruelty. Choosing to accept consequences while still holding your head high, vulnerable and naked … you are stronger for the pain."
Author: Elyse Draper
4. "Though I cannot tell why it was exactly that those stage managers, the Fates, put me down for this shabby part of a whaling voyage, when others were set down for magnificent parts in high tragedies, and short and easy parts in genteel comedies, and jolly parts in faces—though I cannot tell why this was exactly; yet, now that I recall all the circumstances, I think I can see a little into the springs and motives which being cunningly presented to me under various disguises, induced me to set about performing the part I did, besides cajoling me into the delusion that it was a choice resulting from my own unbiased freewill and discriminating judgment."
Author: Herman Melville
5. "Freewill means that the Universe never judges, never interferes with your own choices - and sees you as a being of equal creative power."
Author: Joy Page
6. "Consciously a man lives on his own account in freedom of willbut he serves as an unconscious instrument in bringing about the historical ends of humanity. An act he has once committed is irrecvocable, and that act of his, coinciding in time with millions of acts of others, has an historical value... 'The hearts of kinds are in the hand of God.' The king is the slave of history... Every action that seems to them an act of their own freewill, is in an historical sense not free at all, but in bondage to the whole course of previous history, and predestined from all eternity."
Author: Leo Tolstoy
7. "Because one thing God gave us- and I'm afraid it's at times a little too much- is freewill. Freedom to choose. I believe he gave us everything needed to build a beautiful world, if we choose wisely."
Author: Mitch Albom
8. "You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice. If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill. I will choose a path thats clear. I will choose Freewill."
Author: Neil Peart
9. "Nevertheless, that our freewill may not be altogether extinguished, I think it may be true that fortune is the ruler of half our actions, but that she allows the other half or a little less to be governed by us."
Author: Niccolò Machiavelli
10. "Almost two hundred sixty-six years ago on my home world, Earth, my forefathers did the same thing. They declared their independence and free agency from an enemy that oppressed them. No one at that time expected this rebellion force to win the war. They were severely outnumbered, and they were extremely inexperienced compared to their enemy. Despite those odds, they succeeded in winning the war, giving them their independence and freewill to choose. (Adrian Palmer, Worlds Without End: The Mission)"
Author: Shaun F. Messick
11. "Freewill.Some have called it the greatest gift bestowed on humanity. It is our ability to control what happens to us and exactly how it happens. We are the masters of our fate and no one can foist their will on us unless we allow it.Others say freewill is a crap myth. We have a preordained destiny and no matter what we do or how hard we fight it, life will happen to us exactly as it's meant to happen. We are only pawns to a higher power that our meager human brains can't even begin to understand or comprehend."
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
12. "The cynics are correct the sense of freewill is only that feeling which we have when we take the necessitated option that most appeals to us."
Author: Will Self
Quotes About Freewill Pictures