Famous Quotes About Fun And Happiness
Browse 27 famous quotes and sayings about Fun And Happiness.
Top Quotes About Fun And Happiness
1. "A pity, he thought, as he signed his name. It was a masterly piece of work. But once you began admitting explanations in terms of purpose-well, you didn't know what the result might be. It was the sort of idea that might easily decondition the more unsettled minds among the higher castes-make them lose their faith in happiness as the Sovereign Good and take to believing, instead, that the goal was somewhere beyond, somewhere outside the present human sphere, that the purpose of life was not the maintenance of well-being, but some intensification and refining of consciousness, some enlargement of knowledge. Which was, the Controller reflected, quite possibly true. But not, in the present circumstance, admissible. He picked up his pen again, and under the words "Not to be published" drew a second line, thicker and blacker than the first; then sighed, "What fun it would be," he thought, "if one didn't have to think about happiness!"
Author: Aldous Huxley
2. "Oh, Mona, we're all damned fools! Some of us just have more fun with it than others. Loosen up, dear! Don't be so afraid to cry . . . or laugh, for that matter. Laugh all you want and cry all you want and whistle at pretty men in the street and to hell with anybody who thinks you're a damned fool!"
Author: Armistead Maupin
3. "I thought I was unhappy before… I was just a stupid young kid that didn't know what happiness was. I was like a snot in a candy store who not only wanted all he could eat, but the whole thing. Life is stupid. Stupid. Or at least to this point, mine is."
Author: Beatrice Sparks
4. "There are things you do when you're writing that are so fun to do it's almost like they're private jokes that are amusing to you but no one else is going to enjoy them nearly as much and you worry you're going to have to take them out in the end."
Author: Chad Harbach
5. "The best parts of life are the things we can't plan. And it's a lot harder to find happiness if you're only searching in one place. Sometimes, you just have to throw away the map. Admit that you don't know where you're going and stop pressuring yourself to figure it out. Besides...a map is a life someone else already lived. It's more fun to make your own."
Author: Cora Carmack
6. "He's been looking at my file. So the question has to be right there on the tip of his tongue right about now, waiting to be spoken. But he keeps up the ‘act professional' charade, makes it feel like he sees this kind of thing all the time, but in reality he's having a little fun with it. I'm the story he's going to tell at a bar after making my name anonymous. I'm the case study that's going to become dinner conversation when he takes some rich bitch out next week. He's going to do it to make himself look well-balanced, prove how normal he is in a world full of weirdoes. In short, he's going to look ‘normal' at my expense."
Author: Cyma Rizwaan Khan
7. "It's obvious, but perhaps worth saying, that happiness has virtually nothing to do with the state of your intellect."
Author: Daniel Keys Moran
8. "A split second later, my life flashed before my eyes, and I came to one important conclusion about it.It was fun while it lasted."
Author: Darynda Jones
9. "One thing seemed to suggest that I might have some wisp of beauty to offer the world: the nature of my heart, which remained free of bitterness and anger. I feared, but I did not hate. I knew dread, but I did not judge. I loved and wished to be loved in return. And though my life had been circumscribed, though my experience had been limited by the threats I faced, I was usually happy. In this world, where woe and misery were common, where sometimes darkness seemed about to drown civilization, perhaps a capacity for happiness and hope was beauty of a kind, a small welcome light in the flood."
Author: Dean Koontz
10. "Life is just not for fun and happiness it has a mixture of pain too. Rule your own life and face all the problems with courage.That's the way to lead life at any situation."
Author: Debolina Bhawal
11. "While some more passive forms of leisure, such as watching TV or surfing the Internet, are fun in the short term, over time, they don't offer nearly the same happiness as more challenging activities."
Author: Gretchen Rubin
12. "Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy."
Author: Guillaume Apollinaire
13. "People will survive, and they will find happiness. Happiness only comes when you're not looking for it."
Author: Hugh Laurie
14. "Dia wrinkled her nose. "Gross. You need a decent girl, one that can straighten you out.""I don't need to be straightened out," Carmine said. "Why drown in love when you can have so much fun swimming in lust?"
Author: J.M. Darhower
15. "Depend upon it, you see but half. You see the evil, but you do not see the consolation. There will be little rubs and disappointments everywhere, and we are all apt to expect too much; but then, if one scheme of happiness fails, human nature turns to another; if the first calculation is wrong, we make a second better: we find comfort somewhere—and those evil–minded observers, dearest Mary, who make much of a little, are more taken in and deceived than the parties themselves."
Author: Jane Austen
16. "In my opinion, fun is what makes advertising successful."
Author: Leo Bogart
17. "What weeping adds quietly to your life. Happiness can't even have idea of it."
Author: Lovely Goyal
18. "I love to dress up. You have to have a sense of fun in life, too. We can all be serious and work and do our bit, but every now and again you have to have a good giggle."
Author: Marie Chantal Claire
19. "Human life, I realized, got progressively worse as you got older, by the sound of things. You arrived, with baby feet and hands and infinite happiness, and then the happiness slowly evaporated as your feet and hands grew bigger. And then, from the teenage years onward, happiness was something you could lose your grip of, and once it started to slip, it gained mass. It was as if the knowledge that it could slip was the thing that made it more difficult to hold, no matter how big your feet and hands were."
Author: Matt Haig
20. "Such terrifying powers we possess, but what a sorry lot of gods some men are. And the worst of it is not the cruelty but the arrogance, the sheer hubris of those who bring only violence and fear into the animal world, as if it needed any more of either. Their lives entail enough frights and tribulations without the modern fire-makers, now armed with perfected, inescapable weapons, traipsing along for more fun and thrills at their expense even as so many of them die away. It is our fellow creatures' lot in the universe, the place assigned them in creation, to be completely at our mercy, the fiercest wolf or tiger defenseless against the most cowardly man. And to me it has always seemed not only ungenerous and shabby but a kind of supreme snobbery to deal cavalierly with them, as if their little share of the earth's happiness and grief were inconsequential, meaningless, beneath a man's attention, trumped by any and all designs he might have on them, however base, irrational, or wicked."
Author: Matthew Scully
21. "While people are struggling unhappily in the cities against the cruel authorities, a waterfall happily and cheerfully flows in the nature; there is happiness only if there is freedom!"
Author: Mehmet Murat Ildan
22. "Not that they were there to have fun—although with Kingsley Martin around, fun was never far from the agenda."
Author: Melissa De La Cruz
23. "I went to Spago once, eight years ago. I had just closed a deal. I thought it would be fun to go to Spago and it wasn't. I got a bad table and nobody paid any attention to me."
Author: Michael Tolkin
24. "Have fun life is better that way."
Author: Rebecca Stebbins
25. "It is always more fun to play a bad guy than to be yourself as you can create a character unlike your own and be someone you are not for a change."
Author: Richard Kiel
26. "Jaeden laughed under her breath. "Caia, it's called a crush. Believe me, Ryder makes me feel the same horrible mixture of happiness and despair. Add a pinch of lykan volatility and you've got yourself the teenage hormonal party from Hades."
Author: Samantha Young
27. "The saying goes that history repeats itself; personal histories do the same. We can gather the lessons of others' lives through observation, conversation, and by seeking advice. We can use the automatic system to find out who the happy people are, and the reflective system to evaluate how they got to be that way. Pursuing happiness need not be a lonely endeavor. In fact, throwing in our lot with others may be a very good way of coping with the disappointments of choice."
Author: Sheena Iyengar
Quotes About Fun And Happiness Pictures