Famous Quotes About Funnier
Browse 51 famous quotes and sayings about Funnier.
Top Quotes About Funnier
1. "Honestly, I just like to make movies. The funnier the better."
Author: Allen Covert
2. "I don't think Will does get upstaged because his reaction is always funnier than what is actually happening. That is also the reason Tommy is funnier than Will."
Author: Barry Sonnenfeld
3. "Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified?"
4. "I used to think you had to live this miserable life and that that would make you funnier, but you don't. The misery will come. The misery will find you."
Author: Bill Burr
5. "...almost like they had sucked up all the air in the room, and I was left oxygen-deprived. But with Henry, I had air again, I could breathe. He thought I was funny, and so I got funnier. He thought I was beautiful, and so I felt more beautiful. He thought I was experimental in the kitchen, and so I experimented more brilliantly. We had our problems, yes, but even our problems bound us closer. And now I knew what it was like to be only half of a pair and less of myself."
Author: Bridget Asher
6. "Hugh Wilson made it so real and he took us and it was almost when he was directing it, the way he would do it was funnier than the way we did it. And I just developed a regard for him that was unbelievable."
Author: Bubba Smith
7. "I love songs because by nature they are concise; they sum up. I try to use as few words as possible. It's usually funnier that way, anyway."
Author: Cass McCombs
8. "I wanted to cut down on the profanity, because I think I'm funnier without sayin' a lot of cuss words."
Author: Chris Tucker
9. "I do three drafts handwritten and then it's typed up... They are different from each other, they are hopefully improvements in the sense you're going back over something. The first time you write it, it's the first thing that you can think. The second time you're trying to shape the dialogue, helping the characters. The third time you're doing it because you want the words to sound nice, hopefully making the prose better, making it more fun to read, making the jokes funnier and the scary bits scarier."
Author: Clive Barker
10. "Our shows today are better and funnier than they've ever been."
Author: Dick Smothers
11. "I think I can say with confidence that it's a lot funnier if you haven't actually been attacked by a shark."
Author: Elle Lothlorien
12. "This season is a lot funnier, not as dark, mainly because, well, she has accepted the fact that she is dead. She knows she cannot go back to where she was when she was alive."
Author: Ellen Muth
13. "Happiness isn't a fortune in a cookie. It's deeper, wider, funnier, and more transporting than that."
Author: Elvis Costello
14. "Renny was smarter and funnier and more original than they'd ever be, but he was thirteen. He was at the brutal age when many kids would sell all their uniqueness in their character for the right pair of shoes."
Author: Francine Pascal
15. "If the physical thing you're doing is funny, you don't have to act funny while doing it...Just be real and it will be funnier"
Author: Gene Wilder
16. "So I suppose one danger is that we might get the idea that, you know, "to blurt, is to be." The idea that whatever comes out is good and is us. Whereas someone who has really worked with text realizes – well, that neither one is "really" you, but that the considered version might represent a "higher" you – brighter, less willing to coast or condescend, funnier, and (mysteriously) also, I think, kinder."
Author: George Saunders
17. "I think I'm a lot funnier and goofier than people were able to see on 'Dancing With the Stars.'"
Author: J. R. Martinez
18. "Rather than change the content of my book, I changed the font. I think it made my book funnier."
Author: Jarod Kintz
19. "Never go for the punch line. There might be something funnier on the way."
Author: Jerry Stiller
20. "I'm working on Leno. He's from my home state, Massachusetts. And my home country, Italy. I said, 'Hey, Jay, why don't you have me on your show? Afraid I'll be funnier than you?'"
Author: Joe Arpaio
21. "I think cheese smells funny, but I feel bananas 'are' funny. I'm assuming Swamp told the whole story of the executives seriously asking us to replace the banana with cheese because they thought it was funnier."
Author: Joe Murray
22. "Soon I learned that the worse the puns and jokes, the funnier they could be, if you knew how to deliver them."
Author: John Lasseter
23. "Every day was like a day out of someone else's life. Nothing had ever happened to me, and now everything was happening to me -- and by everything, I really meant Lena. An hour was both faster and slower. I felt like I had sucked the air out of a giant balloon, like my brain wasn't getting enough oxygen. Clouds were more interesting, the lunchroom less disgusting, music sounded better, the same old jokes were funnier, and Jackson went from being a clump of grayish-green industrial buildings to a map of times and places where I might run into her. I found myself smiling for no reason, keeping my earphones in and replaying our conversations in my head, just so I could listen to them again. I had seen this kind of thing before. I had just never felt it."
Author: Kami Garcia
24. "I think comedy is funnier when it's real."
Author: Kate Flannery
25. "And then 'Wanderlust,' Ken Marino and David Wain wrote the funniest - they're amazing. That was one of my most favorite creative experiences; we're all up at that commune, a small group of people. Everyone was funnier than the next. It was an amazing ensemble feeling. Everyone gave and took in the best way."
Author: Kathryn Hahn
26. "Win or lose, the crows always laughed--the hard, old jaded laughter that came of looking at the world with a black and practiced eye. From the less skillful the laugh might have hinted of despair, or silliness, like the magpies', but the crows were masters of the wry outlook, and Viv never heard them but what she followed their expert lead and laughed along--they knew the secret of black, that it could not be made blacker, and if neither could it be made lighter, it could still be made funnier."
Author: Ken Kesey
27. "Funnier still how much faith her parents put in him, considering the fact that Jay would officially be younger than Violet in less than a week.Violet was about to turn seventeen, while Jay would still be sixteen for nearly two full months/Jay liked that, the whole older-woman thing. He also liked to joke about the fact that Violet would soon be dating a younger man.One night, when Violet's parents had gone out, he teased her about it, whispering against his throat, "I should probably be dating girls my own age now that you'll be over-the-hill." Jay was stretched out on Violet's bed as she curled against him.Violet laughed, rising to the bait. "Fine," she challenged, pulling away and leaning up on her elbow. "I'm sure there are plenty of men my own age who would be willing to finish what you've started."
Author: Kimberly Derting
28. "You're hair was softer than I expected it to be, more beautiful when it's down than I expected it to be. You're sweeter than I expected you to be, funnier, more loyal and I expected all that to be phenomenal so, I gotta tell you, baby, it pleases me no fuckin' end to learn the reality is off-the-charts. Better than that, when you get pissed, I gotta fight against goin' hard. When you smile, I gotta fight against goin' hard. And when you look deep into my eyes and see whatever the fuck you see and I know how much you like it because it's written all over your face, I gotta fight against goin' hard. But even with the promise of that, finally havin' you is another reality that's off-the-charts."
Author: Kristen Ashley
29. "I'd given him bits and pieces of my peculiar life, but colored softer and funnier than they had been. I'd painted my dad as Don Quixote in a semi, on a quest for philosophical truths and the best cup of coffee in the nation."
Author: Laurie Halse Anderson
30. "I walked to the table and picked it up, doing as he asked. And then it struck me that I was setting a so-called zombie's alarm clock for him, and I swear I heard something snap in my ears. I started laughing uproariously.I heard the monster's bemused voice outside, asking me if I was alright, but that just made it funnier."
Author: Lia Habel
31. "He got Alice, the way we did, or maybe even more so than us. He made her more confident, funnier, smarter. He brought out all the things that were there already and let her be fully herself, so she seemed to shine with this inner light."
Author: Liane Moriarty
32. "I like fat people more then I like thin people, things are always a lot more funnier when they happen to fat people."
Author: Lloyd Kaufman
33. "What doesn't kill us makes us funnier."
Author: Marian Keyes
34. "Being onstage is like being rock star. Whereas if you're doing a movie, it's such a confined space. You know, you do a comedy, it's so hard, too, 'cause with a comedy, there's no vocal reaction, there's no energy that you get back that spurs you on to be funnier because everyone has to be quiet."
Author: Matthew Lillard
35. "He insists on a version of you that is funnier, stranger, more eccentric and prfound thatn you suspect yourself to be--capable of doing more good and more harm in the world than you've ever imagined--it is all but impossible not to believe, at least in his presence and a while after you've left him, that he alone sees through your essence, weighs your true qualities . . . and appreciates you more fully than anyone else ever has."
Author: Michael Cunningham
36. "I think my books are lighter and funnier than some of the big series out there. You may not walk away from my books having learned a life-altering lesson, but you will feel better for having laughed for a few hours. It's just a different style of writing."
Author: Molly Harper
37. "I think I came back from America a funnier and nicer person than I went."
Author: Patrick Stewart
38. "I may have done some other things as good but I am sure none better. I haven't matured, progressed, grown, become deeper, wiser, or funnier. But then, I never thought I would. (Peter Cook about Beyond the Fringe)"
Author: Peter Cook
39. "Beneath the people we think we are, there are funnier, happier, livelier people that we keep ignoring."
Author: Rebecca Murphy
40. "I honestly don't class myself as a songwriter. I've got 'musician' written on my passport. That's even funnier."
Author: Robert Smith
41. "The funnier the material, the funnier I could make it."
Author: Ruth Buzzi
42. "Nothing is funnier than unhappiness."
Author: Samuel Beckett
43. "At some point, I figured that it would be more effective and far funnier to embrace the ugliest, most terrifying things in the world--the Holocaust, racism, rape, et cetera. But for the sake of comedy, and the comedian's personal sanity, this requires a certain emotional distance. It's akin to being a shrink or a social worker. you might think that the most sensitive, empathetic person would make the best social worker, but that person would end up being soup on the floor. It really takes someone strong--someone, dare I say, with a big fat wall up--to work in a pool of heartbreak all day and not want to fucking kill yourself. But adopting a persona at once ignorant and arrogant allowed me to say what I didn't mean, even preach the opposite of what I believed. For me, it was a funny way to be sincere. And like the jokes in a roast, the hope is that the genuine sentiment--maybe even a goodness underneath the joke (however brutal) transcends."
Author: Sarah Silverman
44. "I think he's much funnier in many ways than some of the things that I've done. Because it's a little bit more layered. He's constantly trying to teach Luke what he thinks are really deep philosophical ideas, but they're really simple."
Author: Sean William Scott
45. "When audiences come to see us authors lecture, it is largely in the hope that we'll be funnier to look at than to read."
Author: Sinclair Lewis
46. "Getting into shape helped get me into a better mood, and when I'm in a better mood, I'm funnier. My general attitude is better."
Author: Steve Howey
47. "Isn't this a microcosm of how our lives feel sometimes? I don't completely understand the rules, and I'm surrounded by others who are smarter. Fitter. Funnier. Better. But when we narrow our focus and know where to look for the approval of our Father, life takes on a glorious simplicity. The burning question is no longer "What did they think of that?" Or even "What did I think of that?" Now it's only "God, were You good with that? Thumbs-up? If You're good, I'm good." His acceptance becomes my guidance. And my reward."
Author: Steven Furtick
48. "All around the dining hall, you can feel the rejuvenating effect that a good meal can bring on. The way it can make people kinder, funnier, more optimistic, and remind them it's not a mistake to go on living. It's better than any medicine."
Author: Suzanne Collins
49. "Um, musicians are funnier you know, than actors on the whole."
Author: Tim Curry
50. "It is funnier to bend things than to break them."
Author: W.C. Fields
Quotes About Funnier Pictures