Famous Quotes About Funny How Things Work Out
Browse 19 famous quotes and sayings about Funny How Things Work Out.
Top Quotes About Funny How Things Work Out
1. "This time I saw. In a blue heaven was coiled an infinite snake of gold and green, with four eyes of fire, black fire and red, that darted rays in every direction; held within its coils was a great multitude of laughing children. And even as I looked, all this was blotted out. Crawling rivers of blood spread over the heaven, of blood purulent with nameless forms - mangy dogs with their bowels dragging behind them; creatures half elephant, half beetle; things that were but a ghastly bloodshot eye, set about with leathery tentacles; women whose skins heaved and bubbled like boiling sulphur, giving off clouds that condensed into a thousand other shapes, more hideous than their mother; these were the least of the denizens of these hateful rivers."
Author: Aleister Crowley
2. "Wilson had been killed by everybody. It was this that made his death special, the children had been told. It was justice, it was all the people showing how much they hated this crime. Killing was justice when everybody joined in."
Author: Barry Unsworth
3. "Every habit, no matter its complexity, is malleable......however, to modify a habit, you must decide to change it. You must consciously accept the hard work of identifying the cues and rewards that drive the habits' routines, and find alternatives. You must know you have control and be self-conscious enough to use it."
Author: Charles Duhigg
4. "Yes, of course I want to get married, but does that mean I'm not allowed to go out and have a good time? Am I supposed to just marry any schmuck that comes along? And by the way, here's a newsflash, Hammertoes. Nobody wants to marry me, anyway."
Author: Chelsea Handler
5. "Alex felt the words wash over him. He had the strange fantasy the things were seeking places within him to lay their young."
Author: David Brin
6. "I miss my father. I miss my grandfather. I miss my home. And I miss my mother. But the thing is, for almost three years, I managed not to miss any of them. And then I spent that one day with that one girl. One day ... It was like she gave me her whole self, and somehow as a result, I gave her more of myself than I even realized there was to give. But then she was gone. And only after I'd been filled up by her, by that day, did I understand how empty I really was."
Author: Gayle Forman
7. "I don't want any funny business, and above all I don't want to be dragged into other people's funny business. If it's to be my head on the block, I want to know that it's doing there, and not that it's some stupid things that other people have done."
Author: Hans Fallada
8. "The one thing I seek above all else is understanding. Sometimes I'm so frustrated and I don't get it. But I'm lucky to have a good management team and people around me who explain things and answer my questions."
Author: Justin Guarini
9. "I'd like to meet the man who decided that people do or don't look Jewish. What the hell does that mean anyway? Is it the American penchant for pinning things down, catergorizing, for pigeonholing people? Whatever it is, it's wrong."
Author: Lauren Bacall
10. "Hubbard set up the Church of Scientology in Hollywood in 1954 for a reason. He understood that celebrity was increasingly a feature of American public life, and celebrities themselves were going to be worshiped as minor deities were in the ancient world. The idea was: if you could get them, think how many people would follow."
Author: Lawrence Wright
11. "Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has ordained that you shall live."
Author: Marcus Aurelius
12. "Often, people hurt things on accident... No one plans on hurting anyone, but it happens."
Author: Nichole Chase
13. "Any government, of whatever composition, needs to mobilise opinion way beyond its own ranks in order to do the difficult things that it does."
Author: Nick Clegg
14. "Miss Prism: Do not speak slightingly of the three-volume novel, Cecily. I wrote one myself in earlier days. Cecily: Did you really, Miss Prism? How wonderfully clever you are! I hope it did not end happily? I don't like novels that end happily. They depress me so much. Miss Prism: The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what fiction means."
Author: Oscar Wilde
15. "Not all are called to be artists in the specific sense of the term. Yet, as Genesis has it, all men and women are entrusted with the task of crafting their own life: in a certain sense, they are to make of it a work of art, a masterpiece."
Author: Pope John Paul II
16. "And just when I though things were starting to get better, everything had gone wrong again."
Author: Rachel Ward
17. "Amy gritted her teeth. "King Louis XVI even put Franklin's picture on a chamber pot!"Jonah looked at his dad. "Do we have souvenir chamber pots?""No." His dad whipped out his phone. "I'll make the call."
Author: Rick Riordan
18. "Almost all of our relationships begin and most of them continue as forms of mutual exploitation, a mental or physical barter, to be terminated when one or both parties run out of goods."
Author: W. H. Auden
19. "Power, in a nutshell, is the ability to get things done, and politics is the ability to decide which things need to be done."
Author: Zygmunt Bauman
Quotes About Funny How Things Work Out Pictures