Famous Quotes About Funny Sailors
Browse 23 famous quotes and sayings about Funny Sailors.
Top Quotes About Funny Sailors
1. "Pride is a funny thing; it can make what is truly worthless appear to be a treasure."
Author: Alice Hoffman
2. "I'm not a comedian. I'm an actor who just happens to be funny on occasion."
Author: Anthony Anderson
3. "Of course 'we humans' have a funny relationship with the beings with whom we share our planet. We eat them, we care for them, we admire them, we use them."
Author: April Gornik
4. "It's funny how we judge others and don't realize the extent of our disdain until they are no longer there, until they are taken from us. They're taken from us because they've never been ours..."
Author: Carlos Ruiz Zafón
5. "Life has a funny way of becoming ordinary as soon as it can."
Author: Colm Toibin
6. "I'd argue with Warren, but it's a funny thing with people. Even if you argue, when that person isn't around to say their piece, you say it for them. You may not even link with their point, but out of loyalty you make that man's point for him 'cause he ain't there. Years later, in college, surrounded by cynical liberals like myself, I'd say things that I swear came out of Warren's mouth and it helped me understand that old saying that no man is an island. People ask me what my greatest strengths are and I say perspective. The best way to get that is to meet people that are polar opposites; you learn the most from them. There are pieces of you that are inherently yours, but everything else is a collection of the things you've seen and the people you've met. In the end, we're like the Triumph beat: who's next on this RZA track? Step up and drop a verse on my story. That's the illest."
Author: Eddie Huang
7. "Talking films revealed [Jean Arthur]'s quirky, remarkable voice: nasal, raspy, querulous— an odd, expressive voice which somehow fit her intense, funny and very smart screen persona."
Author: Eve Golden
8. "I don't care how handsome or fabulous or funny the groom is, or how sweet and accommodating the bride, or vice versa. Marriage is hard."
Author: Jenna McCarthy
9. "Gundar's smile broadened at the memory of that evening as he recalled how his rough-and-tumble sailors had stayed on their best manners, humbly asking their table companions to pass the meat, please, or requesting just a little more ale in their drinking mugs. These were men who were accustomed to cursing heartily, tearing legs off roast boar wih their bare hands and occasionally swilling ale straight from the keg. Their attempts at mingling with polite society would have made the basis of some great stories back in Skandia."
Author: John Flanagan
10. "Razor appeared on his shoulder with a buzzing laugh. "Stupid goblins," he crowed, bouncing up and down, making Kierran sigh. "Funny, stupid goblins think master is funny elf. Ha!" He buzzed once more and sat down, grinning like a psychotic piranha."
Author: Julie Kagawa
11. "The girl has a funny way of romanticizing things."
Author: Karen Russell
12. "I reach for funny books all the time to help me get through life."
Author: Laurie Halse Anderson
13. "This morning someone sent me a very funny photo of me holding their puppy. We have matching colour jackets."
Author: Luke Treadaway
14. "Teachers of subjects that this person wasn't even good at are kissing this person and renouncing the very subjects they taught. Math teachers are saying that math was just a funny way of saying "I love you."
Author: Miranda July
15. "It's funny because a lot of people that know me as a dancer, don't know that I'm a singer, and a lot of people that know I can sing don't know I can dance. And so, I feel like at some point I have to show them both and really be able to display it and showcase it, and put that out there."
Author: Naima Adedapo
16. "It's funny how you take things like electricity for granted. You hit the button that turns everything on and it just comes on. You get used to that and it just works every single time. So what happens when it suddenly doesn't? things very well could get messy."
Author: Robin Burks
17. "When you're poor and hungry and frightened of failure, you often don't have the luxury of high values, lofty goals, and social conscience. Funny how fear and poverty will acid-wash your value set, burn away all the flimflam and artifice and learned morality and leave you with nothing but the urgency of survival. - Dr. Dan Trix - Chasing the Horizon."
Author: Rodney Romig
18. "Japanese people have a funny habit of abbreviating names."
Author: Shigeru Miyamoto
19. "Here's the thing - in this damned century, you'll meet a lot of people who do a lot of things. What's funny is the fact that the most desirable attributes of these people are nothing but developed and cultured thoughts. And these things come naturally to people who shine bright. The other guys just try to ape these thoughts, in an embarrassing attempt to recreate some of that magic. Sadly,- what looks beautiful as a natural quotient can be extremely funny and disgusting when replicated manually. Stop replicating feelings; else you'll turn into one of those duplicate personalities. They're wannabes. You don't have to become one!"
Author: Shomprakash Sinha Roy
20. "It's funny how heterosexuals have lives and the rest of us have "lifestyles."
Author: Sonia Johnson
21. "Something is funny, most of all, because it's true, and because the velocity of insight into this truth exceeds our normal standards. Something is funny because it's outside our accepted boundary of decorum. Something is funny because it defies our expectations. Something is funny because it offers a temporary reprieve from the hardship of seeing the world as it actually is. Something is funny because it is able to suggest gently that even the worst of our circumstances and sins is subject to eventual mercy."
Author: Steve Almond
22. "After the Soviet Union collapsed, people thought I wasn't funny anymore."
Author: Yakov Smirnoff
23. "Isn't it funny how danger makes people passionate?"
Author: Zelda Fitzgerald
Quotes About Funny Sailors Pictures