Famous Quotes About Futuristic
Browse 20 famous quotes and sayings about Futuristic.
Top Quotes About Futuristic
1. "That's what my music... I'm working on a solo record right now, it's gonna be more hip-hop than anything, like electronic hip-hop, futuristic hip-hop. I'm probably gonna be rapping on it."
Author: Alan Vega
2. "The old concept of chronological, orderly, symmetrical development of character died when it was discovered that the unconscious motivations are entirely at odds with fabricated conventions. Human beings do not grow in perfect symmetry. They oscillate, expand, contract, backtrack, arrest themselves, retrogress, mobilize, atrophy in part, proceed erratically according to experience and traumas. Some aspects of the personality mature, others do not. Some live in the past, some in the present. Some people are futuristic characters, some are cubistic, some are hard-edged, some geometric, some abstract, some impressionistic, some surrealistic!"
Author: Anaïs Nin
3. "He was thinking about automated teller machines. The term was aged and burdened by its own historical memory. It worked at cross-purposes, unable to escape the inferences of fuddled human personnel and jerky moving parts. The term was part of the process that the device was meant to replace. It was anti-futuristic, so cumbrous and mechanical that even the acronym seemed dated."
Author: Don DeLillo
4. "... there was one new metallic monstrosity stacked in one corner that she hadn't seen the last time she was a visitor to his strange chamber, it appeared to be a mass of hard drives all fused together, but they looked too sophisticated to be merely hard drives."What on earth is that?" "That's my Kung Fu," he said proudly, patting the top of the futuristic-looking stack."Is that what you wanted to show me?""No, but it's impressive, isn't it?""If you say so."Steves sighed and shook his head, so few people could appreciate the intellectual complexity of an almost untraceable hacking device."
Author: E.A. Bucchianeri
5. "The two designs are completely different. The first is totally futuristic, the second is more classical. You can of course get very excited about doing something completely out of the ordinary, just like the Olympic stadium in its time. But each to his or her own taste."
Author: Franz Beckenbauer
6. "My poor Eunice looked so tired when she huffed off the bus with her many bags that I nearly tackled her in a rejuvenating embrace, but I was careful not to make a scene, waving my roses and champagne at the armed men to prove that I had enough Credit to afford Retail, and then kissed her passionately on one cheek (she smelled of flight and moisturizer), then on the straight, thin, oddly non-Asian nose, then the other cheek, then back to the nose, then once more the first cheek, following the curve of freckles backward and forward, marking her nose like a bridge to be crossed twice. The champagne bottle fell out of my hands, but, whatever futuristic garbage it was made of, it didn't break."
Author: Gary Shteyngart
7. "She talks with a broken heart - Her voice lutes brokenly like a heart lost, musically too, like in a lost grove, it's almost too much to bear sometimes like some fantastic futuristic Jerry Southern singer in a nightclub who steps up to the mike in the spotlight in Las Vegas but doesn't even have to sing, just talk, to make men sigh and women wonder I guess..."
Author: Jack Kerouac
8. "A kiss is one of the few futuristic events that comes to my present everyday.."
Author: Jai Prakash
9. "...worst of all were the highly unlikely science-fiction novels, or the equally implausible futuristic tales.Couldn't my mom and Nana Victoria see for themselves that I was both mystified and frightened by life on Earth?"
Author: John Irving
10. "Right on cue, the ground came whipping up beneath them. No longer simply held aloft by anti-gravity units, the vehicle's futuristic replacements for wheels could be put to work. Bigger, beefier versions of the same things that made his delivery bike work, the repulsors used the interplay between two tangible energy fields to create a synchronized wave pattern capable of instituting temporary charge differences between the vehicle and road surface for the purposes of facilitating the attraction and repulsion necessary to maintain an approximately constant distance. In other words, he had traction now."
Author: Joseph R. Lallo
11. "My cut is blunt and futuristic, and Nicki Minaj started wearing that bob on her head after she came to my show, so at the end of the day, I know what I do, and I know what I possess, and I know who I am. I'm a trendsetter. The biggest form of flattery is imitation, so I'm flattered."
Author: Lil Mama
12. "When I wrote 'The Giver,' it contained no so-called 'bad words.' It was set, after all, in a mythical, futuristic, and Utopian society. Not only was there no poverty, divorce, racism, sexism, pollution, or violence in the world of 'The Giver'; there was also careful attention paid to language: to its fluency, precision, and power."
Author: Lois Lowry
13. "Hold on to your hats, ladies!' cried Jasper Dash. ‘You're in for a wild ride! This futuristic buggy can attain speeds of up to thirty-five miles per hour!"
Author: M.T. Anderson
14. "In the museums we used to visit on family vacations when I was a kid, I used to love those rooms which displayed collections of minerals in a kind of closet or chamber which would, at the push of a button, darken. Then ultraviolet lights would begin to glow and the minerals would seem to come alive, new colors, new possibilities, and architectures revealed. Plain stones became fantastic, "futuristic…" Of course there wasn't any black light in the center of the earth, in the caves where they were quarried; how strange that these stones should have to be brought here, bathed with this unnatural light in order for their transcendent characters to emerge. Irradiation revealed a secret aspect of the world.Imagine illness as this light; demanding, torturous, punitive, it nonetheless reveals more of what things are. A certain glow of being appears. I think this is what is meant when we speculate that death is what makes love possible."
Author: Mark Doty
15. "Gary Numan had a huge influence on both my music and my style. He had his own unique fashion sense - that futuristic space style. It was out there."
Author: Mayer Hawthorne
16. "The only shoes that look futuristic are Crocs, but they would be terrible to use in a futuristic movie."
Author: Olivier Theyskens
17. "What is funny is when you do a futuristic movie, you immediately get to be fashionable because you're creating something that doesn't exist."
Author: Olivier Theyskens
18. "If the halls of the Hermitage should suddenly go mad, if the paintings of all schools and masters should suddenly break loose from the nails, should fuse, intermingle, and fill the air of the rooms with futuristic howling and colours in violent agitation, the result then would be something like Dante's Comedy." Osip Mandelstam, "Converation with Dante"
Author: Osip Mandelstam
19. "Shanghai set out to take over from Hong Kong and I think it's done that. It's got the most amazing futuristic skyline which rivals and even betters Tokyo."
Author: Paul Oakenfold
20. "Telling a story in a futuristic world gives you this freedom to explore things that bother you in contemporary times."
Author: Suzanne Collins
Quotes About Futuristic Pictures