Famous Quotes About Gabriel In The Giver
Browse 16 famous quotes and sayings about Gabriel In The Giver.
Top Quotes About Gabriel In The Giver
1. "Do you know how perfect you are?" Gabriel twisted his hand in Rase's hair and Rase's eyes slipped half-shut as he moaned involuntarily. "Like that. I don't even know you. I'm fucking nobody. And then you get down on your fucking knees and make me into the goddamn universe. Not because you can afford it, but because you can't help it. Oh, Christ, Rase, that is so fucking hot. You made me want it, too." He wrenched at Rase's hair, then let go, shoving Rase's head to the side as he backed away."
Author: Anah Crow
2. "Michael turned from the counter with a cup of coffee in hand. "Don't start," he said to Gabriel."I didn't say anything. I'm just glad you weren't jerking her around." Gabriel paused. "So I guess you don't have too much baggage after all?"Michael gave him a look. "Trust me I do." He sat down at the table. "She just has enough to mach.""What does that mean?""It means she has a five-year-old son."Gabriel went still. "Holy crap.""So we're taking things really slowly.""Looks like it."This was quite possibly the first time Gabriel had ever seen his older brother blush. "It was late. She slept here. We did not-" Michael broke off. "I don't really think I need to explain myself to you."Gabriel smiled and took a sip of coffee. "No, no, I'm enjoying this."
Author: Brigid Kemmerer
3. "Nick was waiting for him.Gabriel hesitated. He wished those text messages had come with some kind of sign, whether Nick was pissed or exasperated or just completely done with him. Hell, a freaking emoticon would have been helpful.His own room sat pitch-dark at the opposite end of the hallway. A black hole. Gabriel eased around the creaky spot in the floor and slid past his twin's room. Once in his own, he flung his duffel bag onto the ground and shut the door, closing the dark around himself. He sighed and kicked his shoes into the well of blackness under the bed. Maybe Nick hadn't heard him. Maybe he thought he was still out in the car."You are so predictable."Gabriel swore and fumbled for the light switch.Nick was straddling his desk chair backward, his arms folded on the backrest."What the hell is wrong with you?" Gabriel snapped. "Why are you sitting here in the dark?"His twin shrugged. Because I knew you'd walk right past my room."
Author: Brigid Kemmerer
4. "I think you´re beautiful. And I´m no stranger to fucked-up families."And then he was kissing her again. The addictive pull of his mouth almost had her crawling into his lap. Her hands bunched in his shirt, pulling him closer. [...]Layne always rolled her eyes in health class when they talked about hormones getting out of control. But right now, she could barely remember her name. She totally got how someone could forget something like a silly little condom.Suddenly Gabriel was laughing. "How someone could forget what?"She almost fell off the bench. "I said that out loud?""Yeah." He leaned closer, his breath against her jaw. "Just what were you thinking about?"
Author: Brigid Kemmerer
5. "You and your name-dropping. 'I knew Michael'. 'I knew Sammael'. 'The angel Gabriel did my hair'. It's like I'm with the Band with biblical figures."
Author: Cassandra Clare
6. "Paul saith, 'Not of works, lest any man should boast.' Now, faith excludes all boasting. The hand which receives charity does not say, 'I am to be thanked for accepting the gift'; that would be absurd. When the hand conveys bread to the mouth it does not say to the body, 'Thank me; for I feed you.' It is a very simple thing that the hand does though a very necessary thing; and it never arrogates glory to itself for what it does. So God has selected faith to receive the unspeakable gift of His grace, because it cannot take to itself any credit, but must adore the gracious God who is the giver of all good."
Author: Charles H. Spurgeon
7. "You're going to declare a rest period?' asked Jerott. Leisure, with Gabriel there, seemed too good to be true. ‘Rumour being what it is, I imagine it will have declared itself by now,' Lymond said. ‘Yes. We shall take three days from our labours to relax. Provided Sir Graham understands that by midday tomorrow St Mary's will be empty and all the men at arms and half the officers whoring in Peebles.' In the half-dark you could guess at Gabriel's smile. ‘Do you think I don't know human nature?' he said. ‘They are bound by no vows. But as they learn to respect you, they will do as you do.' ‘That's what we're all afraid of,' said Jerott; and there was a ripple of laughter and a flash of amusement, he saw, from Lymond himself."
Author: Dorothy Dunnett
8. "Oh Lord, we thank Thee for this thy gift of lobster Newburg. And grant us also, if it be Thy will, control of the Hudson Ohio Railroad.''But we ain't wanting control of the Hudson Ohio," Sean softly objected. 'True,' said Gabriel Love, 'but the Almighty doesn't need to know that yet."
Author: Edward Rutherfurd
9. "But he alone having reached our deep corruption, he alone having taken upon himself our labors, he alone having suffered the punishments due for our impieties, having recovered us who were not half dead merely, but were already in tombs and sepulchers, and altogether foul and offensive, saves us, both anciently and now, by his beneficent zeal, beyond the expectation of any one, even of ourselves, and imparts liberally of the Father's benefits—he who is the giver of life and light, our great Physician and King and Lord, the Christ of God."
10. "This is indeed one of the true tragedies of lycanthropy, that the subject of such evil pacts and nefarious deeds is ignorant of his place in the plot that besieges this humble hamlet."– Aleister Creed, WitchfinderThe Trial of John Goode by Gabriel Salmon and Thome Ward"
Author: Gabriel Salmon
11. "Mingus Rude, Arthur Lomb, Gabriel Stern and Tim Vandertooth, even Aaron K. Doily: Dylan never met anyone who wasn't about to change immediately into someone else. His was a special talent for encountering persons about to shed one identity or disguise for another. He took it in stride by now."
Author: Jonathan Lethem
12. "Prometheus, thief of light, giver of light, bound by the gods, must have been a book."
Author: Mark Z. Danielewski
13. "We don't have problems", Gabriel insisted.You killed someone!I killed someone for you!Well, pardon me if I don't think that's going to make it into the next collection of Halmark cards!" (p. 301)."
Author: Molly Harper
14. "Grace is free only because the giver himself has borne the cost."
Author: Philip Yancey
15. "You know, at least Gabriel showed up announced like a gentleman. He even told Mila that she looked beautiful. You and your toothpick just show up, scaring me half to death."
Author: Skyla Madi
16. "If you meant to invite me, and let's proceed from that assumption, then you wanted a playwright, and I have to say what a strange choice, what with Gabriel blowing his trumpet and the Book of Revelation unfolding seal by seal and all; it's as if you'd been warned of years of calamity and famine ahead and in response you anxiously stuffed an after-dinner mint in your pocket."
Author: Tony Kushner
Quotes About Gabriel In The Giver Pictures