Famous Quotes About Gangs And Drugs
Browse 24 famous quotes and sayings about Gangs And Drugs.
Top Quotes About Gangs And Drugs
1. "I must tell you, I haven't done the drug problem that is faced by cops and people on the border. It's a hard show to do, but I think it's going to say a lot about drugs and the problems related to them. I just hope people can watch it, it's a pretty strong show."
Author: Aaron Spelling
2. "Better take the keys and drive forever. Staying won't put these futures back together. All the perfect drugs and superheroes wouldn't be enough to bring me back to zero."
Author: Aimee Mann
3. "So if one, or two, or a handful of guys sells drugs for their own personal gain and profit who just so happens to be a member of the Hells Angels Motorcycle Club, we want that same consideration."
Author: Chuck Zito
4. "In the future we might not prescribe drugs all the time - we might prescribe apps."
Author: Daniel Kraft
5. "Chronotropic Drugs:Drugs engineered to affect one's sense of time. Chronodecelocotropic drugs have no short term effect but over time give one the impression that time feels longer. Chronoaccelocotropic drugs have the opposite effect."
Author: Douglas Coupland
6. "I regarded drugs as somewhat like rattlesnakes - it's possible to pick one up without getting bit, but why bother?"
Author: Elizabeth Moon
7. "I never took hallucinogenic drugs because I never wanted my consciousness expanded one unnecessary iota."
Author: Fran Lebowitz
8. "Again, like I said, we're not trying to censor anyone. If you think drugs are cool, fine. Make that movie. We are not going to stop you, or try to stop you, but we would encourage other people to be a bit more responsible about their portrayal of drug usage."
Author: Gerald McRaney
9. "When you aren't drinking or using drugs or spending lots of money on fancy toys or basking in the glow of fame or working all the time or eating your way through the refrigerator, being hateful and angry is a very handy shield from the truth. It lets you focus on everyone else's shortcomings, and all the ways they have let you down. You can bemoan how all these broken people keep finding you somehow. That way you don't have to focus on what really matters -- the tough work of fiing what is broken inside you."
Author: Glenn Beck
10. "After...The seas have dried outThe trains have come to a shrieking holtThe hounds of the abyss cease to howlThe prisons have closed their doorsThe pigs have no one to arrest except themselvesThe drugs no longer have an effectWhen it's all overAll I'll remember is you"
Author: Henry Rollins
11. "Ignore that nightmare in the bathroom. Just another ugly refugee from the Love Generation, some doom-struck gimp who couldn't handle the pressure. My attorney has never been able to accept the notion - often espoused by reformed drug abusers and especially popular among those on probation - that you can get a lot higher without drugs than with them. And neither have I, for that matter."
Author: Hunter S. Thompson
12. "And this is why the defense is going to try to paint my brother out to be a drug addict and he was very dependent on drugs, and it's not true. Because how could someone be dependent on drugs since 2008, he was dancing four hours a day and he had a five-year plan of starting a new life."
Author: Jermaine Jackson
13. "Abstaining from sex, hitting the books, and wearing loose-fitting clothes are common ways that girls try to molt their "slutty" image. But more often their shame leads them to self-destructive behavior. They become willing to do things that they wouldn't have dreamed of doing before they were scandalized because they now feel they have so little to offer. Some girls do drugs or drink to excess in an attempt to blot away their stigma. Others become depressed and anorexic. And others think so little of themselves that they date boys who insult or beat them."
Author: Leora Tanenbaum
14. "Exercise is for people who can't handle drugs or alcohol."
Author: Lily Tomlin
15. "I think drugs were used by me as a way of suppressing my natural spirit."
Author: Marianne Faithfull
16. "Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
Author: Martin Henry Fischer
17. "I nod and I promise I will report any hallucinations to my mother, but I do not really believe I will hallucinate no matter what type of drugs he gives me, especially since I know he will not be giving me LSD or anything like that. I figure weaker people probably complain about their drugs, but I am not weak and I can control my mind pretty well."
Author: Matthew Quick
18. "Where did this come from? Do you know what this is? Luca is going to sneak out of bed in the middle of the night and squirt it on his tongue. It's like drugs for ten-year-olds. Today it's Ice Magic. Tomorrow, heroin."
Author: Melina Marchetta
19. "We know that if you just were to take the drugs that you were supposed to take for diabetes or hypertension, just take it, as opposed to not take it, we could save $7,000, $3,000 per patient per year."
Author: Patrick Soon Shiong
20. "Fireworks made of glass. An explosion of dew. Crescendo. Diminuendo. Silence.There are drugs that work the same, and while I am not suggesting that our founder purchased the glassworks to get more drops, it is clear that she had the seed planted, not once, but twice, and knew already the lovely contradictory nature of glass and she did not have to be told, on the day she saw the works at Darling Harbour, that glass is a thing in disguise, an actor, is not solid at all, but a liquid, that an old sheet of glass will not only take on a royal and purplish tinge but will reveal its true liquid nature by having grown fatter at the bottom and thinner at the top, and that even while it is as frail as the ice on a Parramatta puddle, it is stronger under compression than Sydney sandstone, that it is invisible, solid, in short, a joyous and paradoxical thing, as good a material as any to build a life from."
Author: Peter Carey
21. "That girl was not treated well, and when anyone is hurt like that - especially a child - the hurt burrows down inside and makes a kind of museum there, with images of the bad times displayed on every wall. Some people try to forget the museum exits and keep their mind occupied with drink or drugs or food, or by staying busy with work or they chase one kind of excitement after another, while memories fester there in the dark."
Author: Roland Merullo
22. "I remained Ryan's companion on the Hollywood party circuit, growing inured to sex and drugs before I was in my teens."
Author: Tatum O'Neal
23. "Thanks pal, but I tend to avoid any substance that makes me feel smarter, stronger, or better looking than I know I actually am." There were, in his opinion, drugs that diminished ego and drugs that engorged ego, which is to say, revelatory drugs and delusory drugs, and on a psychic level, at least, he favored awe over swagger. Should he ever aspire to become voluntarily delusional, then good old-fashioned alcohol would do the job effectively and inexpensively, thank you, and without the dubious bonus of jaw-clenching jitters."
Author: Tom Robbins
24. "I wish I could go back and rewrite my first book, You Bright and Risen Angels; I could do a better job. But in the meantime, nobody knows as much about my books as I do. Nobody has the right but me to say which words go into my books or get deleted or edited. When I'm dying, I'll smile, knowing I stood up for my books. If I die with more money, that wouldn't bring a smile to my face. Unless I got better drugs or more delicious-looking nurses."
Author: William T. Vollmann
Quotes About Gangs And Drugs Pictures