Famous Quotes About Getting Sacked
Browse 16 famous quotes and sayings about Getting Sacked.
Top Quotes About Getting Sacked
1. "See, the poor dream all their lives of getting enough to eat and looking like the rich. And what do the rich dream of?? Losing weight and looking like the poor."
Author: Aravind Adiga
2. "I suppose it's possible that the Sundance Kid didn't like to make much of his birthdays — they may have struck him as just another reminder that his draw was getting slower by the year—but what if he truly liked a major celebration? What if he looked forward every year to marking the day of his birth with what they used to call in the West 'a real wingding, with pink balloons and a few survivors'?"
Author: Calvin Trillin
3. "I'm at least getting my foot in the door as far as doing straight dramatic parts, which no one would have ever considered me for in the '80s. I never objected to that because I love doing comedy, and I'm not the kind of actor that insists that unless you're doing a serious dramatic role, you're not acting."
Author: Curtis Armstrong
4. "Was this what marriage was, the slow process of getting to know another individual far better than was advisable? Sometimes [his] gestures and inflections were so mercilessly familiar that it was as if he were an extension of me, an element of my own personality over which I had little control."
Author: Curtis Sittenfeld
5. "I don't need a baby growing inside me for nine months. If I'm going to feel nauseous and achy when I wake up, I want to achieve that state the old-fashioned way: getting good and drunk the night before."
Author: Ellen DeGeneres
6. "I had been having trouble sleeping, and had found that actually getting up was marginally preferable to lying in my bed batting away the swirling mess of my thoughts."
Author: Jojo Moyes
7. "Documentaries - my God, there is so much going on in our country and in the world today that every time you open the newspaper or turn on the radio or watch the news on TV there is another documentary subject. We're getting the headlines for a second, shaped by corporate delivery most of the time, but what's really the story there?"
Author: Jonathan Demme
8. "It's like the code of living by yourself. People who are single know what I'm talking about. You eat standing up, reading the paper. Or you say to yourself, this isn't even cutting it, I'm taking a TV dinner and I'm getting in bed here."
Author: Mary Chapin Carpenter
9. "I think I know why you never married, Sarah.""Well, and I reckoned if I wanted something that'd come and go as he pleased, take me for granted, and ignore me when he chose, I'd get a cat. And if I wanted something I'd always have to be picking up after, getting into trouble, but slavishly devoted, I'd get a dog."
Author: Mercedes Lackey
10. "I'm not used to getting good reviews."
Author: Pauly Shore
11. "My jaw went slack. Private rooms? Great, the button thing had been a step too far. Either he was totally getting the wrong impression—at least, not the impression I wanted to give—or…no. I didn't want to consider the possibility he might know. People didn't hide in forests in the middle of the night to protect themselves from a Binding. I was just weird like that. Rather, I had no choice, but…argh, what was I going to do now?!"
Author: Sam Dogra
12. "My parents are relieved as much as anything that I'm getting some work."
Author: Sam Riley
13. "The hardest part was getting the window net hooked back. I didn't think I was ever going to get it hooked. I finally got it hooked. If I'd known that I wouldn't have tried to hook it."
Author: Sterling Marlin
14. "In this age of getting what you want and getting it now, the simple pleasure of browsing is often forgotten."
Author: Tom Hodgkinson
15. "I am very much interested in getting parents to read to children, and trying to get people mentoring children. If I can do both I'll be happy."
Author: Walter Dean Myers
16. "Mack was getting frustrated. He spoke louder, 'But, don't I have a right to...'To complete a sentence without being interrupted? Not in reality. But as long as you think you do, you will surely get ticked off when someone cuts you off, even if it is God."
Author: Wm. Paul Young
Quotes About Getting Sacked Pictures