Famous Quotes About Getting Through It
Browse 25 famous quotes and sayings about Getting Through It.
Top Quotes About Getting Through It
1. "Reading the situation correctly is part of getting through it safely."
Author: Ally Condie
2. "Under a system that sought to stamp out tainted blood for three generations, the punishment would extend to parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, cousins. A lot of people felt if you had one life to give, you would give it to get rid of this terrible regime, but then you're not the only one getting punished. Your family would go through hell."
Author: Barbara Demick
3. "Art can model the more difficult dynamic of transfiguring one's life, but at some point the dynamic reverses itself: life models, or forces, the existential crisis by which art—great art—is fully experienced. There is a fluidity between art and life, then, in the same way that there is, in the best lives, a fluidity between mind and matter, self and soul, life and death. Experience seems to stream clearly through some lives, rather than getting slowed and clogged up in the drift-waste of ego, or stagnating in little inlets of despair, envy, rage. It has to do with seizing and releasing as a single gesture. It has to do with standing in relation to life and death ... owning an emptiness that, because you have claimed it, has become a source of light, wearing your wound that, like a ramshackle house on some high exposed hill, sings with the hard wind that is steadily destroying it."
Author: Christian Wiman
4. "Right now, me getting killed would be redundant....You could stab a knife right through my heart and you'd be too late....Right now, getting killed would be a breath of spring."
Author: Chuck Palahniuk
5. "The way to get through normal life is to pretend it isn't getting to you. If you let on that you're hurt, the other animals will turn on you and tear you to pieces. Don't attract the attention of predators."
Author: Emma Bull
6. "The kid looked at me as if I'd just told a joke about his mother. ‘I don't know, Mr Dunne, I'm sure they're getting the details right now. The point is, your wife is safe.'Hurray. Kid stole my line.I spotted Rand and Marybeth through the doorway of the room where we'd given our first press conference six weeks ago. They were leaning in to each other, as always, Rand kissing the top of Marybeth's head, Marybeth nuzzling him back, and I felt such a keen sense of outrage that I almost threw a stapler at them. You two worshipful, adoring assholes created that thing down the hall and set her loose on the world. Lo, how jolly, what a perfect monster! And do they get punished? No, not a single person had come forth to question their characters; they'd experienced nothing but an outpouring of love and support, and Amy would be restored to them and everyone would love her more. My wife was an insatiable sociopath before. What would she become now?Step carefully, Nick, step very carefully."
Author: Gillian Flynn
7. "And so when you have lost everything, no more roads, no direction, no fixed signs, no ground, no thoughts able to resist other thoughts, when you are lost, beside yourself, and you continue getting lost, when you become the panicky movement of getting lost, then, that's when, where you are unwoven weft, flesh that lets strangeness come through, defenseless being, without resistance, without batten, without skin, inundated with otherness, it's in these breathless times that writings traverse you, songs of an unheard-of purity flow through you, addressed to no one, they well up, surge forth, from the throats of your unknown inhabitants, these are the cries that death and life hurl in their combat."
Author: Hélène Cixous
8. "They sailed through the intersection...and only barely missed getting creamed by the cross-traffic.Nate was smiling. "Did you see that?""Yes, Nathaniel." Kenzie had a white-knuckle grip on the door. "You have a bright future ahead of you as a wheelman for the mob. We're all so proud. Now focus on the road, please."
Author: Jena Leigh
9. "On weekdays, as soon as she picked Bela from the bus stop and brought her home, she went straight into the kitchen, washing up the morning dishes she'd ignored, then getting dinner started. She measured out the nightly cup of rice, letting it soak in a pan on the counter. She peeled onions and potatoes and picked through lentils and prepared another night's dinner, then fed Bela. She was never able to understand why this relatively unchallenging set of chores felt so relentless. When she was finished, she did not understand why they had depleted her"
Author: Jhumpa Lahiri
10. "The difficulty of getting a movie made through a major studio is so extreme that when a movie comes out, everyone should give it four stars because it was accomplished."
Author: John Mulaney
11. "I got that experience through dating dozens of men for six years after college, getting an entry level magazine job at 21, working in the fiction department at Good Housekeeping and then working as a fashion editor there as well as writing many articles for the magazine."
Author: Judith Krantz
12. "I just think that knowing about your body at any age, whether it's educating yourself on fertility, getting mammograms, going through puberty - whatever it may be, is really important. I just really encourage women empowerment and being comfortable talking about these issues."
Author: Khloe Kardashian
13. "I squeezed her hand. "He's not coming back, Carlee"When I said her name, her whole body stiffened, her eyes opening wide and clearing, as though a veil over them had lifted. "Carlee," she whispered.I nodded and waited for her to freak out, to start screaming or crying, bracing myself and getting ready to hug her or carry her back to the village, whatever it took. For a few impossibly long moments she didn't say anything, didn't move, and I wondered if the shock had broken her brain. Then her brown eyes locked on mine again, narrowing into slits."I'm gonna kill that effing creep."I laughed, relief flooding through me, and threw my arms around her neck."No, seriously. I'm going to kill him! I can't believe I bought his stupid lines! I don't care how pretty he was, I mean, have you seen what I'm wearing?"Laughing, I nodded into her shoulder. "So not the style.""I know, right? I look like an extra in some fantasy movie. Some stupid fantasy movie."
Author: Kiersten White
14. "Thus far we have been talking about not getting hooked by strong emotions. The garuda goes beyond that practice, and does not even get hooked by set notions, which in some sense are the wellspring for strong emotions themselves. By training in not solidifying the way you think things ought to be, you are cutting through years of habitual response mechanisms, and beginning to see your discomfort in a more lucid manner."
Author: Lodro Rinzler
15. "I love looking through magazines, and you know, I love getting dressed up to go to events and stuff."
Author: Mandy Moore
16. "Filled with hope, Ico looked into Yorda's eyes. He felt like was looking into an hourglass, trying to pick through the grains of sand for some truth buried there long ago. He hadn't found anything yet, but the warmth of Yorda's hands in his told him that he was getting close."
Author: Miyuki Miyabe
17. "I think my body went through a lot, went through the wringer. In terms of being inside the ring, getting hit, but also outside the ring, living a crazy life."
Author: Oscar De La Hoya
18. "As a young man you don't notice at all that you were, after all, badly affected. For years afterwards, at least ten years, I kept getting these dreams, in which I had to crawl through ruined houses, along passages I could hardly get through."
Author: Otto Dix
19. "There's the usual suspects in there, Green Day and The Clash and The Smiths, yeah, but there's also Ella and Frank, even Dino, some Curtis Mayfield and Minor Threat and Dusty Springfield and Belle & Sebastian, and as I flip through his musical life, getting to know his tastes, I must acknowledge that not only am I not frigid, but I also may be multi-orgasmic."
Author: Rachel Cohn
20. "But as soon as I walked through the door, my happy feelings evaporated so quickly, I practically heard the pop."Oh, man," I said softly. "Why do I keep being surprised when everything turns out gross and depressing?"Jenna was sitting in the middle of her bed. "I thought the window was the worst," she said quietly. "Or, you know. Evan getting eaten. But now I really feel like crying."Our room had never been what anyone would call luxurious, but thanks to Jenna's obsessive love for pink, it had been…okay, I was going to say "comfortable" but "bright" and "maybe a little insane" were probably better descriptions. Still, it had been ours, and I'd never really realized how much Jenna's lights, scarves, and Electric Raspberry comforter had made that tiny dorm room feel like home."
Author: Rachel Hawkins
21. "It's possible, I'm moving through the hard veins of heavy mountains, like an arc, alone; I'm so deep inside, I see no end in sight, and no distance: everything is getting near and everything near is turning to stone."
Author: Rainer Maria Rilke
22. "Expression sometimes give a unknown look.it is a word what is talk itself .this one such a way he /or she can feel what each one is going to say.that day he was on very little away distance - behind me i was getting his expression ! without knowing he felt strong attraction towards some unknown-.now he start to express ! one secured standing close by. find out her through net media , then there was also anger .express was just voice and through fast action . unknowingly he expressed his love to me every day. not even a word but with a silence he came too close to my heart . it is a lovely expression of a person who does not know how to say ''you are mine-okey?"
23. "My main question that I ask of my characters is, 'What does it feel like to be you? And how do you get through the day? Where do you find the hope and faith to endure getting through the days, and what are your days like?'"
Author: Stewart O'Nan
24. "Graham had stared through the bars for about five seconds when Lecter opened his eyes and said, "That's the same atrocious aftershave you wore in court." "I keep getting it for Christmas."
Author: Thomas Harris
25. "She could easily have remarked on the heavy skiing weather, or asked how he could even see the road, or complained about the town not getting its ploughs out-- anything at all to show interest or pretend to show interest, the way people talk to make things a little more pleasant-- but no, not Katri Kling. There she stood squinting through her cigarette smoke, her black hair like a mane shrouding her face as she leaned over the table."
Author: Tove Jansson
Quotes About Getting Through It Pictures