Famous Quotes About Glass Of Wine
Browse 73 famous quotes and sayings about Glass Of Wine.
Top Quotes About Glass Of Wine
1. "I still indulge in a glass of wine or chocolate - treats are mandatory. Without deviating from the day-to-day healthy diet once in a while, it wouldn't be sustainable for me, and that's what I wanted: an approach to eating to last my entire life."
Author: Alanis Morissette
2. "I love a friendly chat and a friendly glass of wine during the evening - the time they call, for some accountable reason, 'between dog and wolf'."
Author: Alexander Pushkin
3. "Come here, Grimaud," said Athos. To punish you for having spoken without leave my friend, you must eat this piece of paper: then, to reward you for the service which you will have rendered us, you shall afterwards drink this glass of wine. Here is the letter first: chew it hard." Grimaud smiled, and with his eyes fixed on the glass which Athos filled to the very brim, chewed away at the paper, and finally swallowed it. "Bravo, Master Grimaud!" said Athos. "and now take this. Good! I will dispense with your saying thank you." Grimaud silently swallowed the glass of Bordeaux; but during the whole time that this pleasant operation lasted, his eyes, which were fixed upon the heavens, spoke a language which, though mute, was not therefore the least expressive."
Author: Alexandre Dumas
4. "On the occasions where we do have to participate, to do more than nothing, it is desirable to have a glass of wine to soften all the everything."
Author: Amy Krouse Rosenthal
5. "Michael came home and asked, Would you like to write a song with me? I got this idea for a title called A Kiss at the End of a Rainbow. So we had a couple glasses of wine and wrote it."
Author: Annette O'Toole
6. "At the heel end of the day, I need my glass of wine. Christmas lights for the brain."
Author: Bill Callahan
7. "Saying someone is religious is heard in most of America as a compliment, a reassuring affirmation that someone will be moral, ethical, and after a few glasses of wine, a freak in the bedroom."
Author: Bill Maher
8. "Her heart sprang up into her throat.Watching that shadow play was like paying a quarter for a peep show. Only she got it for free.He thinks I'm pretty.Butterflies did a dance around her heart before she could swat them away.Behind the shade. his shadow unbuttoned those soft, worn, butt-hugging jeans and slid them down his lean hips. Charli sucked in a big gulp of air, then headed back to the veranda and her glass of wine.With all the estrogen doing a conga line through her blood, she needed a drink.Well, she really needed something else.But she'd settle for a drink."
Author: Candis Terry
9. "He was waiting for me at the best table in the room, toying with a glass of white wine and listening to the pianist who was playing a piece by Granados with velvet fingers."
Author: Carlos Ruiz Zafón
10. "The first wine I drank, a Chateau Haut-Brion, I was 22, it was my first glass of wine, and I discovered voluptuousness. From there, I started tasting French wines, then Spanish wines, then Italian wines."
Author: Carole Bouquet
11. "Murder and a glass of wine: priceless"
Author: Casey Quinn
12. "I want to build you a house with my bare hands and carry you over the threshold. I want too cook for you every evening and bring you tea in bed in the mornings. I want to read with you in front of an open fire, sipping a glass of wine. I want to drive you to the beach and lie next to you in the sun. I may not be a man of means, bit I want to take care of you as best I can."
Author: Catherine Sanderson
13. "...Amelia was sitting on the pavement in her lawn chair, a glass of wine in her hand. When we emerged, she set the glass down very carefully on the ground and then looked us over from head to toe.'Okay, don't know how to react,' she said, finally."
Author: Charlaine Harris
14. "She drank a glass of wine and looked for something new to ruin with her lack of talent."
Author: Chuck Palahniuk
15. "Take a glass of wine while reading, your feet on the back of your slave. This is the best combination of pleasures that is."
Author: Danny Tyran
16. "Love is meant to be sipped, rather than chugged, like a glass of wine you drink strait from the bottle."
Author: Dark Jar Tin Zoo
17. "One learned to take time to savor life, much as one took time to savor a good meal or glass of wine. The French called it "l'entente de la vie," the harmony of life."
Author: David McCullough
18. "For you she learned to wear a short black slipand red lipstick,how to order a glass of red wineand finish it. She learned to reach outas if to touch your arm and then nottouch it, changing the subject.Didn't you think, she'd begin, orWeren't you sorry. . . .To call your best friendsby their schoolboy namesand give them kisses good-bye,to look away when they sayYour wife! So your confidence grows.She doesn't ask what you wantbecause she knows.Isn't that what you think?When actually she was only waitingto be told Take off your dress---to be stunned, and then do this,never rehearsed, but perfectly obvious:in one motion up, over, and gone,the X of her arms crossing and uncrossing,her face flashing away from you in the fabricso that you couldn't say if she wasappearing or disappearing."
Author: Deborah Garrison
19. "A woman's place is in the kitchen...sitting in a comfortable chair, with her feet up, drinking a glass of wine and watching her husband cook dinner."
Author: Elizabeth Gilbert
20. "What fools we are, eh? What fools, sitting here in the sun, singing. And of love, too! I am too old for it and you are too young, and yet we waste our time singing about it. Ah, well, let's have a glass of wine, eh?"
Author: Gerald Durrell
21. "He greeted me in his usual attire - pajama pants. "Hey stranger!" he said, hugging me for a few long seconds. "I've already set up the board. Can I get you some rose"I nodded, overwhelmingly relieved to be with another human being - even if he was really a wolf in grandma's clothing. Or was he just a wolf in wolf's clothing? After all, he wore pajamas... Hmmm. I contemplated all this as he poured me a glass of wine."Mind if I smoke?" he asked as he lit up a joint and motioned me over to the sleek brown couch. Italian, of course.Through the three windows that faced south, north, and west, I saw the Statue of Liberty, and Ellis Island, where I had paid to have my parents' names inscribed in the immigrant wall of honor. Some American Dream this was!"
Author: Inna Swinton
22. "After filming I like to go home and lie down with my daughter and have a glass of wine so I don't really socialize with the other actors."
Author: Izabella Scorupco
23. "Seventeen, eh!" said Hagrid as he accepted a bucket-sized glass of wine from Fred."Six years to the day we met, Harry, d'yeh remember it?""Vaguely," said Harry, grinning up at him. "Didn't you smash down the front door, give Dudley a pig's tail, and tell me I was a wizard?""I forge' the details," Hagrid chortled."
Author: J.K. Rowling
24. "I'd rather see you drink a glass of wine than a glass of milk. So many people drink Coca-Cola and all these soft drinks with sugar. Some of these drinks have 8 or 9 teaspoons of sugar in them What's the good of living if you can't have the things that give a little enjoyment?"
Author: Jack LaLanne
25. "Babe, you've destroyed a car, burned down two buildings, stapled a guy's nuts, and you have sixteen stitches in your leg. Take a night off. Have a glass of wine, watch some television, and go to bed early."-Ranger"
Author: Janet Evanovich
26. "I would pour you a glass of wine, but wouldn't it be more romantic if you sipped it out of my armpit?"
Author: Jarod Kintz
27. "God gave man feet for which to walk. And crush grapes. Can I get you a glass of wine? It's homemade, though it kind of smells funky."
Author: Jarod Kintz
28. "Every morning I sit at the kitchen table over a tall glass of water swallowing pills. (So my hands won't shake.) (So my heart won't race.) (So my face won't thaw.) (So my blood won't mold.) (So the voices won't scream.) (So I don't reach for knives.) (So I keep out of the oven.) (So I eat every morsel.) (So the wine goes bitter.) (So I remember the laundry.) (So I remember to call.) (So I remember the name of each pill.) (So I remember the name of each sickness.) (So I keep my hands inside my hands.) (So the city won't rattle.) (So I don't weep on the bus.) (So I don't wander the guardrail.) (So the flashbacks go quiet.) (So the insomnia sleeps.) (So I don't jump at car horns.) (So I don't jump at cat-calls.) (So I don't jump a bridge.) (So I don't twitch.) (So I don't riot.) (So I don't slit a strange man's throat.)"
Author: Jeanann Verlee
29. "Look I eat really well and I work out, but I also indulge when I want to. I don't starve myself in an extremist way. You're not taking away my coffee or my dairy or my glass of wine because I'd be devastated."
Author: Jennifer Aniston
30. "I came from dinner, went downtown with my friends, the elevator was down, I ran down the hall toward my room at 10 at night, having had two glasses of wine."
Author: Jill Clayburgh
31. "As we hypnotically watch the steadily diminishing reserve of sand in life's hourglass, the instincts of a miser surface. Life is now savored, sipped as with a fine 19th Century French wine."
Author: Joe L. Wheeler
32. "(...) I wanted to drink a decent glass of wine in the evening with good friends.""Sounds like a modest goal.""Yes, but even a small wish like that has implications. It means a community with free time, a group with enough income to buy the Merlot, and a general desire to enjoy the small pleasures of life. (...) In this context, a glass of wine becomes a revolutionary statement."
Author: John Twelve Hawks
33. "But nothing beats a Woody Allen film on a Sunday night, with a glass of wine and some leftovers."
Author: Kate Fleetwood
34. "Harry - "No plovers no pigeons no snipe. No oysters mussels clams or whole lobsters. No artichokes no savories no cheese." He paused for breath then went on "Nothing too rich nothing too highly seasoned. And never more than one glass of wine. Did I miss any no-noes " Emma - She sighed. "When it comes to my work I do wish you would be serious."Harry - "I am serious " he assured her. "After reading this I understand why women have such tiny waists and go about fainting all the time. I thought it was corsets but no. You're all hungry ."
Author: Laura Lee Guhrke
35. "The first kiss and the first glass of wine are the best."
Author: Marty Rubin
36. "Let a drop of wine fall into a glass of water; whatever be the law that governs the internal movement of the liquid, we will soon see it tint itself uniformly pink and from that moment on, however we may agitate the vessel, it appears that the wine and water can separate no more. All this, Maxwell and Boltzmann have explained, but the one who saw it in the cleanest way, in a book that is too little read because it is difficult to read, is Gibbs, in his Principles of Statistical Mechanics."
37. "And won't he grow up to be the healthiest of young men, all because she kept him safe? Ready for the world. Ready to one day conquer it. To travel. Get on a train. Go to work. Get blown out of her life.Maybe she should be having that glass of wine and cigarette after all."
Author: Melina Marchetta
38. "Life is a glass of wine and having your feet washed - it's a biblical event, might I add. This is part of mankind's story. You are always looking for a moment to take a break."
Author: Mick Fleetwood
39. "I hover over the expensive Scotch and then the Armagnac, but finally settle on a glass of rich red claret. I put it near my nose and nearly pass out. It smells of old houses and aged wood and dark secrets, but also of hard, hot sunshine through ancient shutters and long, wicked afternoons in a four-poster bed. It's not a wine, it's a life, right there in the glass."
Author: Nick Harkaway
40. "How simple and frugal a thing is happiness: a glass of wine, a roast chestnut, a wretched little brazier, the sound of the sea. . . . All that is required to feel that here and now is happiness is a simple, frugal heart."
Author: Nikos Kazantzakis
41. "I felt once more how simple and frugal a thing is happiness: a glass of wine, a roast chestnut, a wretched little brazier, the sound of the sea. Nothing else."
Author: Nikos Kazantzakis
42. "The storm is over, there is sunlight in my heart. I have a glass of wine and sit thinking of what has passed."
Author: P.G. Wodehouse
43. "My wife and I really enjoy a glass of red wine. We're too old to drink cheap wine, and we don't."
Author: Paul Henderson
44. "Sir, I did not count your glasses of wine, why should you number up my cups of tea?"
Author: Samuel Johnson
45. "If I had a humble spirit in my service who, when I asked for a glass of water, brought me the world's costliest wines blended in a chalice, I should dismiss him, in order to teach him that my pleasure consists, not in what I enjoy, but in having my own way."
Author: Søren Kierkegaard
46. "You see, baby, after a glass or two of wine I'm inclined to extravagance."
Author: Tennessee Williams
47. "Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine."
Author: Thomas Aquinas
48. "I find more people want to eat a little less. My generation, we're all watching our figures. They want to go to the bar and eat a few snacks, have a couple of cocktails or glasses of wine, and go home. People don't sit down at the table and have a whole three or four courses."
Author: Todd English
49. "Of course not," she snapped. "I'm only thirsty. Would you play the gallant and find me a glass of lemonade?""I assume 'lemonade' is code for wine?"
Author: Victoria Dahl
50. "I'm a real low profile guy. So a date night for me is kind of curled up at home and watching something... have a nice glass of wine, a nice meal and we're all set."
Author: Vincent Piazza
Quotes About Glass Of Wine Pictures