Famous Quotes About Global Markets
Browse 17 famous quotes and sayings about Global Markets.
Top Quotes About Global Markets
1. "The powerful do not understand hope. Hope is not part of their vocabulary. They speak in cold, dead words of national security, global markets, electoral strategy, staying on message, image and money...Those addicted to power, blinded by self-exaltation, cannot decipher the words of hope any more than most of us can decipher hieroglyphics."
Author: Adam Bucko
2. "Global markets must be balanced by global values such as respect for human rights and international law, democracy, security and sustainable economic and environmental development."
Author: Anna Lindh
3. "There is no good reason for our cattle producers to have such limited market access. Our beef is the best in the world, and we need to be allowed to reach global markets."
Author: Conrad Burns
4. "Not exclusively, but the bulk of our local economy should be covered by local currencies, which is more efficient than having global currencies which lose connection with reality in the markets, shops and communities of the people."
Author: David Korten
5. "We face the most compelling era of mankind: exponential growth of new technologies, cheaper electronic devices and the globalization of knowledge, commerce, and ideas along with the rapid growth of emerging markets of colossal sizes will generate the best opportunities, connections, higher risks and challenges for everyone."
Author: Franz Christian Israel Digital Entrepreneurs.
6. "The more worrying feature of the new global corporate structures is their capacity to devastate national labour markets by transferring their operations to cheaper locations overseas."
Author: Fredric Jameson
7. "Bahrain lies at the epicenter of Gulf security and any violent upheaval in Bahrain would have enormous geopolitical consequences. Global economic stability depends on the uninterrupted export of crude oil from the Gulf to markets around the world - a job that historically has been assigned to the U.S. Fifth Fleet."
Author: Hamad Bin Isa Al Khalifa
8. "Iran is central to our foreign policy in the Middle East, a major player in global energy markets, and a key country in terms of our interaction with the Muslim world."
Author: Howard Berman
9. "When we lift our forks, we hang our hats somewhere. We set ourselves in one relationship or another to farmed animals, farmworkers, national economies, and global markets. Not making a decision - eating like everyone else - is to make the easiest decision, a decision that is increasingly problematic."
Author: Jonathan Safran Foer
10. "Global capital markets pose the same kinds of problems that jet planes do. They are faster, more comfortable, and they get you where you are going better. But the crashes are much more spectacular."
Author: Lawrence Summers
11. "It says something about this new global economy that USA Today now reports every morning on the day's events in Asian markets."
Author: Lawrence Summers
12. "The principal linkages between Japan and the U.S. global economies are trade, financial markets, and commodity markets."
Author: Mark Zandi
13. "Clients are becoming more global; they're realizing that markets are more interconnected. It's no longer the local regional clients buying the local regional flavors. It's everybody asking for everything."
Author: Mary Callahan Erdoes
14. "Global overcapacity in steel production can no longer be ignored. Foreign governments' intervention in steel markets has had a devastating impact on the U.S. industry."
Author: Max Baucus
15. "I believe investors should invest for the long run, so I don't buy and sell. I usually maintain the classic index of global equities, diversified U.S. and global and emerging markets, and when the risk is larger, I diminish the amount in global equities and put more into liquid assets - but very irregularly."
Author: Nouriel Roubini
16. "In an era of global value chains, worldwide sourcing and the never-ending search for new markets, we must be careful to avoid the proliferation of regional standards. A multilateral approach holds wider benefits for more actors."
Author: Roberto Azevedo
17. "In Germany it is good if as many people as possible join initiatives and peaceful demonstrations against the rule of the financial markets. Worshipping the unfettered freedom of global markets has brought the world to the brink of ruin. We now need social and ecological rules for the market economy."
Author: Sigmar Gabriel
Quotes About Global Markets Pictures