Famous Quotes About Globalization
Browse 60 famous quotes and sayings about Globalization.
Top Quotes About Globalization
1. "In the era of globalization, everything is interconnected. A problem in one part of the world will definitely impact on other parts of the globe. Such phenomenon is also valid for defense and security context. A conflict in a state will bring implications in its neighboring countries or other countries extended in the same region. Therefore, collaborative efforts in tackling common defense and security problems are essentially required."
Author: Agus Harimurti Yudhoyono
2. "Russia should support globalization. The Internet can develop in Russia in a very speedy way."
Author: Anatoly Chubais
3. "I know it is the itch between the legs which causes everything-Wars, Religions, Marriages, Elections, Families, Globalization, Trade, Literature, Science, and for me Philosophy."
Author: Aporva Kala
4. "Greed and globalization aren't just America's fault."
Author: Arlo Guthrie
5. "Imperialism or globalization - I don't have to care what it's called to hate it."
Author: Bill Ayers
6. "Every day one reads meretricious babble about 'globalization' and the abolition of frontiers, most of it amounting to little more than celebration of the worldwide availability of Wheel of Fortune."
Author: Christopher Hitchens
7. "Reliable data on the outsourcing of American jobs is sorely missing from the debate on globalization."
Author: Dan Lipinski
8. "In the US, most progressives start to see the differences between internationalism and economic globalization."
Author: David Korten
9. "Talking about 'stopping globalization' is unrealistic - and probably not what anti-globalization protesters actually want."
Author: Ethan Zuckerman
10. "Globalization creates economic policies where the transnationals lord over us, and the result is misery and unemployment."
Author: Evo Morales
11. "Globalization and the neoliberal economic model have already been rejected in Latin America; it simply hasn't been a solution for our people. At the same time, Latin countries like Venezuela and Argentina are anti-imperialist and anti-globalization, and yet their economies are growing again."
Author: Evo Morales
12. "Today in the era of globalization there is no such issue as borders between states of the same nation."
Author: Fatos Nano
13. "Indeed, this is an important characteristic of the globalization debate: the tendency toward glorifying all things indigenous even when they deserve to be left in the past."
Author: Franklin Foer
14. "So is it always nationalist to resist US globalization? The US thinks it is, and wants you to agree; and, moreover, to consider US interests as being universal ones."
Author: Fredric Jameson
15. "For when we talk about the spreading power and influence of globalization, aren't we really referring to the spreading economic and military might of the US?"
Author: Fredric Jameson
16. "If it is, in reality, capitalism that is the motor force behind the destructive forms of globalization, then it must be in their capacity to neutralize or transform this particular mode of exploitation that one can best test these various forms of resistance to the West."
Author: Fredric Jameson
17. "Diversification and globalization are the keys to the future."
Author: Fujio Mitarai
18. "We must take care that globalization does not become something people become afraid of."
Author: Gerhard Schroder
19. "Globalization requires taking a broad contextual and long-term view."
Author: Helen Fisher
20. "I beg young people to travel. If you don't have a passport, get one. Take a summer, get a backpack and go to Delhi, go to Saigon, go to Bangkok, go to Kenya. Have your mind blown. Eat interesting food. Dig some interesting people. Have an adventure. Be careful. Come back and you're going to see your country differently, you're going to see your president differently, no matter who it is. Music, culture, food, water. Your showers will become shorter. You're going to get a sense of what globalization looks like. It's not what Tom Friedman writes about; I'm sorry. You're going to see that global climate change is very real. And that for some people, their day consists of walking 12 miles for four buckets of water. And so there are lessons that you can't get out of a book that are waiting for you at the other end of that flight. A lot of people—Americans and Europeans—come back and go, ohhhhh. And the light bulb goes on."
Author: Henry Rollins
21. "Today everybody is talking about the fact that we live in one world; because of globalization, we are all part of the same planet. They talk that way, but do they mean it? We should remind them that the words of the Declaration [of Independence] apply not only to people in this country, but also to people all over the world. People everywhere have the same right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. When the government becomes destructive of that, then it is patriotic to dissent and to criticize - to do what we always praise and call heroic when we look upon the dissenters and critics in totalitarian countries who dare to speak out."
Author: Howard Zinn
22. "We talk about globalization today as if it's some great big new thing, that we've all just discovered. But there's really nothing new about it."
Author: Jacqueline Winspear
23. "Globalization makes it impossible for modern societies to collapse in isolation, as did Easter Island and the Greenland Norse in the past. Any society in turmoil today, no matter how remote ... can cause trouble for prosperous societies on other continents and is also subject to their influence (whether helpful or destabilizing). For the first time in history, we face the risk of a global decline. But we also are the first to enjoy the opportunity of learning quickly from developments in societies anywhere else in the world today, and from what has unfolded in societies at any time in the past. That's why I wrote this book."
Author: Jared Diamond
24. "Globalization doesn't have to be a bad thing as long as government provides us all with the tools to cope in a changing world."
Author: John B. Larson
25. "NAFTA recognizes the reality of today's economy - globalization and technology. Our future is not in competing at the low-level wage job; it is in creating high-wage, new technology jobs based on our skills and our productivity."
Author: John F. Kerry
26. "For globalization to work for America, it must work for working people. We should measure the success of our economy by the breadth of our middle class, and the scope of opportunity offered to the poorest child to climb into that middle class."
Author: John J. Sweeney
27. "I don't think massification and globalization and all those other 'izations' are necessarily hostile to regionalism."
Author: John Shelton Reed
28. "We cannot wait for governments to do it all. Globalization operates on Internet time. Governments tend to be slow moving by nature, because they have to build political support for every step."
Author: Kofi Annan
29. "People now realize that globalization is not only for the multi-nationals and the circulation of money."
Author: Lakhdar Brahimi
30. "Outsourcing and globalization of manufacturing allows companies to reduce costs, benefits consumers with lower cost goods and services, causes economic expansion that reduces unemployment, and increases productivity and job creation."
Author: Larry Elder
31. "Contagion has become very much a phenomenon, and it's a phenomenon of globalization."
Author: Lawrence Summers
32. "Globalization is a great thing, but it needs a legal framework in which to blossom."
Author: Loretta Napoleoni
33. "Masterpieces of art possess immense potential to advance a worldview that could help assuage the societal terrors posed by globalization, the most thoroughgoing socioeconomic upheaval since the Industrial Revolution, which has set off a pandemic of retrogressive nationalism, regional separatism, and religious extremism."
Author: Martin Filler
34. "Walter Mignolo terms and articulates _critical cosmopolitanism, juxtaposing it with globalization, which is a process of "the homogeneity of the planet from above––economically, politically and culturally." Although _globalization from below_ is to counter _globalization from above_ from the experience and perspective of those who suffer from the consequences of _globalization from above_, cosmopolitanism differs, according to Mignolo, form these two types of globalization. Mignolo defines globalization as 'a set of designs to manage the world,' and cosmopolitanism as 'a set of projects toward planetary conviviality"
Author: Namsoon Kang
35. "The features of globalization have huge consequences on pandemics. It just connects us so much more closely... And as a consequence, every one of these viruses that passes from animals to humans has the capacity to infect all of us."
Author: Nathan Wolfe
36. "It's trite to say that the world has gotten smaller in the age of globalization, but my travels have told me that it's wrong to think this means there is some kind of uniform world culture."
Author: Norman Spinrad
37. "Globalization, far from putting an end to power diplomacy between States, has, on the contrary, intensified it."
Author: Omar Bongo
38. "We live in an era of globalization and the era of the woman. Never in the history of the world have women been more in control of their destiny."
Author: Oscar De La Renta
39. "I like globalization; I want to say it works, but it is hard to say that when six hundred million people are slipping backwards."
Author: Paul Wolfowitz
40. "Instead of saying that globalization is a fact, that it's inevitable, we've also got to demonstrate that while the growing interdependence of the world economy is indeed a fact, it's not uncontrollable."
Author: Peter Mandelson
41. "Globalization by the way of McDonald's and KFC has captured the hearts, the minds, and from what I can see through the window, the growing bellies of the folks here."
Author: Raquel Cepeda
42. "The globalization of the capital market is actually part of economic globalization. This will create a change in the entire world economy, not just restricted to some fields in some countries."
Author: Richard Grasso
43. "This is a basic requirement the meaning of globalization is that we should admit that the economy of each country is dependent on the economy of all the others."
Author: Richard Grasso
44. "The church was an international institution long before globalization."
Author: Shane Claiborne
45. "In the cabaret of globalization, the state shows itself as a table dancer that strips off everything until it is left with only the minimum indispensable garments: the repressive force."
Author: Subcomandante Marcos
46. "It is people who are the objects of globalization and at the same time its subjects. What also follows logically from this is that globalization is not a law of nature, but rather a process set in train by people."
Author: Tarja Halonen
47. "One of the good things about globalization is it has created a single international music community, and I feel very much part of it."
Author: The Edge
48. "In Globalization 1.0, which began around 1492, the world went from size large to size medium. In Globalization 2.0, the era that introduced us to multinational companies, it went from size medium to size small. And then around 2000 came Globalization 3.0, in which the world went from being small to tiny."
Author: Thomas Friedman
49. "Accordingly, globalization is not only something that will concern and threaten us in the future, but something that is taking place in the present and to which we must first open our eyes."
Author: Ulrich Beck
50. "Globalization has enriched the planet beyond belief, leading to ever-increased demands of perfection. And thanks to 24/7 communications, we all instantaneously know when these expectations aren't met."
Author: Victor Davis Hanson
Quotes About Globalization Pictures