Famous Quotes About Goat
Browse 311 famous quotes and sayings about Goat.
Top Quotes About Goat
1. "Finally, a bit of luck. Rat bastard," I hissed down at Montmartre. "Mangy dog of a scurvy goat.""That doesn't even make sense," Isabeau murmured."Feels good though. Try it."She narrowed her eyes at the top of Montmartre's perfectly groomed hair. "Balding donkey's ass. ""Nice.""Sniveling flea-bitten rabid monkey droppings.""Clearly, you're a natural."
Author: Alyxandra Harvey
2. "It's just a goatee. That sounds kind of weird. A soul patch? I don't know how 'soul' it is."
Author: Apolo Ohno
3. "New York is my Lourdes, where I go for spiritual refreshment... a place where you're least likely to be bitten by a wild goat."
Author: Brendan Behan
4. "We had five goats, two dogs, a cat and racks of commentaries on Shakespeare."
Author: Charles Dance
5. "Centuries ago, sailors on long voyages used to leave a pair of pigs on every deserted island. Or they'd leave a pair of goats. Either way, on any future visit, the island would be a source of meat. These islands, they were pristine. These were home to breeds of birds with no natural predators. Breeds of birds that lived nowhere else on earth. The plants there, without enemies they evolved without thorns or poisons. Without predators and enemies, these islands, they were paradise. The sailors, the next time they visited these islands, the only things still there would be herds of goats or pigs. Oyster is telling this story. The sailors called this "seeding meat." Oyster says, "Does this remind you of anything? Maybe the ol' Adam and Eve story?" Looking out the car window, he says, "You ever wonder when God's coming back with a lot of barbecue sauce?"
Author: Chuck Palahniuk
6. "Because six billion of us are pursuing an evolutionarily unstable strategy, we're fundamentally attacking the very ecological systems that keep us alive. Just like the goat that refuses to suckle its kids, we're in the process of eliminating ourselves. Think about the time line Charles drew in his talk about the boiling frog. For the first six thousand years, the impact of our evolutionarily unstable strategy was minimal and confined to the Near East. Over the next two thousand years, the strategy spread to Eastern Europe and the Far East. In the next fifteen hundred years, the strategy spread throughout the Old World. In the next three hundred years, it became global. By the end of the next two hundred years—which is now—so many people were following the strategy that the impact was becoming catastrophic. We're now about two generations away from finishing the job of making this unstable strategy extinct."
Author: Daniel Quinn
7. "I could not ask for forgiveness for something I had not done. As scapegoat, I could only bear the fault."
Author: Daphne Du Maurier
8. "We are too prone to make technological instruments the scapegoats for the crimes of those who wield them. The products of modern science are not in themselves good or bad; it is the way they are used that determines their value."
Author: David Sarnoff
9. "Slavery has been outlawed in most arab countries for years now but there are villages in jordan made up entirely of descendants of runaway Saudi slaves. Abdulrahman knows he might be free, but hes still an arab. No one ever wants to be the arab - its too old and too tragic, too mysterious and too exasperating, and too lonely for anyone but an actual arab to put up with for very long. Essentially, its an image problem. Ask anyone, Persian, Turks, even Lebanese and Egyptians - none of them want to be the arab. They say things like, well, really we're indo-russian-asian european- chaldeans, so in the end the only one who gets to be the arab is the same little old bedouin with his goats and his sheep and his poetry about his goats and his sheep, because he doesnt know that he's the arab, and what he doesnt know wont hurt him."
Author: Diana Abu Jaber
10. "Niko does seem to have a buzzard's luck, don't he? Thor said after a moment. Tyler slanted a look at him. "What the hell does that mean?"Thor looked startled, then grinned. "Means he's been diggin' up more snakes than he can kill."Tyler looked at Alexander. "Is he even speaking english?""Niko has bad luck," Alexander translated.Tyler looked at Thor. "You couldn't just say that?""I did, son, but you just can't seem to spot a goat in a flock of sheep."Tyler scowled. "I'm pretty sure that was a insult.""Only because it was," Niko said."How the hell am I supposed to get all self-righteous and pissed if I can't understand what the idiot is saying?"
Author: Diana Pharaoh Francis
11. "In Just-spring??????????when the world is mud-luscious the littlelame balloonmanwhistles??????????far??????????and weeand eddieandbill comerunning from marbles andpiracies and it'sspringwhen the world is puddle-wonderfulthe queerold balloonman whistlesfar??????????and??????????weeand bettyandisbel come dancingfrom hop-scotch and jump-rope andit'sspringand??????????the????????????????????goat-footedballoonMan??????????whistlesfarandwee"
Author: E.E. Cummings
12. "Shagga son of Dolf likes this not. Shagga will go with the boyman, and if the boyman lies, Shagga will chop off his manhood-""-and feed it to the goats, yes," Tyrion said wearily."
Author: George R.R. Martin
13. "I learned to fly on a broom," he said, rolling up his sleeves. "I can learn to milk a goat, I bet." Though flying on a broom proved to be the easier task, he found."
Author: Gregory Maguire
14. "You came up this gut-wrenching road yesterday by yourself?" Cassie exclaimed. "You deserve a good cuffing just for driving this goat path on your own.""It's not so bad once you get used to dodging the ruts.""You've got some nerve calling these canyons ruts.""Cassandra Hudson, where is your sense of adventure?""I dropped it off going over that last rut-crossing when only two wheels were on the ground.""Those ones are a bit exhilarating, aren't they?" Alexandra shot Cassie a quick look and wink. "Keep your eyes on the road!""What road?""Exactly!"
Author: H.H. Laura
15. "It is easy to dump all the problems and responsibilities of a family on a single member. Yet when we look at David's family we can see that the whole family needed to deal with a number of issues. Let's look at a few of them: 1. Each member of the family has hurts. Each member of the family needs help. There is no such thing as a scapegoat. It is easy for a family to designate one of its own."
Author: Henry Cloud
16. "A sea-green sky: lamps blossoming white. This is marginal land: fields of strung wire, of treadless tyres in ditches, fridges dead on their backs, and starving ponies cropping the mud. It is a landscape running with outcasts and escapees, with Afghans, Turks and Kurds: with scapegoats, scarred with bottle and burn marks, limping from the cities with broken ribs. The life forms here are rejects, or anomalies: the cats tipped from speeding cars, and the Heathrow sheep, their fleece clotted with the stench of aviation fuel."
Author: Hilary Mantel
17. "She's nothing to do with my shit, but fuck it, none of us are saints and scapegoats are always handy."
Author: Irvine Welsh
18. "Her hand is close to my arm. My options are limited. I can't run away. I can't handle this.I lose myself in food.The rich, wet texture of melting chocolate. The way good aged goat cheese coats your tongue. The silky feel of pasta dough when it's been pressed and rested just enough. How the scent of onions changes, over an hour, from raw to mellow, sharp to sweet, and all that even without tasting. The simplest magic: how heat transforms."
Author: Jael McHenry
19. "We are no more qualified to be the stewards or developers of the Earth than are goats to be gardeners."
Author: James E. Lovelock
20. "Redheaded women buck like goats."
Author: James Joyce
21. "It was written all in O, or nearly so, and all the O's are gone," said Andrea. "When coat is cat, and boat is bat, and goatherd looks like gathered, and booth is both, since both are bth, the reader's eye is bothered.""And power is power, and zero zer, and, worst of all, a hero's her." The old man sighed as he said it. "Anoon is ann, and moan is man." Andrea smiled as she said it."And shoe," Andreus said, "is she.""Ah, woe," the old man said, "is we."
Author: James Thurber
22. "Goats, to the left with you!' the Judge one day will ordain. 'And you, little sheep, stand quietly here on my right!' - Fair enough; but it is to be hoped he will say one thing more, namely: 'As for you, stand right opposite me, you men of sense!"
Author: Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
23. "For even more "sizzle," instead of simply leading the goats out to graze as we usually did, I raced out in front of them, hollering an improvisational goat call that made me sound like a yodeling hillbilly. I turned back toward the barn and aw that the goats had stayed back, huddled together in fear in the barn doorway. They obviously preferred to skip dinner rather than get too close to the retard scarecrow suffering a grand mal seizure.~The Bocolic Plauge, by Josh Kilmer-Purcell (2010), P. 214-215"
Author: Josh Kilmer Purcell
24. "You three looking for something specific?" Her voice was surprisingly melodious."Any sacrificial knives?" Hi raised an index finger. "Nothing too fancy, and I'll need a no-slip grip. Me and the coven have some goats lined up for Saturday's bonfire."I could've kicked him. I think I tried."
Author: Kathy Reichs
25. "What is 45 minutes to an old goat like you?" - Vanda"I believe it is still 45 minutes." - Connor"
Author: Kerrelyn Sparks
26. "Oh noes, kitteh haz major angriez!" I said. I turned around to share a laugh with my companions and found them glaring at me. "What?" I asked.Leif shook a finger and said in a low, menacing tone, "If you tell me I have to talk like an illiterate halfwit to fit into this society, I will punch you.""And I'll pull out your goatee," Gunnar added."Lolcat iz new happeh wai 2 talk," I explained to them. "U doan haz 2 be kitteh 2 speek it."
Author: Kevin Hearne
27. "Shot me twice. I want my name, or I'm going to start charging you a fee every time I field something for you. And it's going to be expensive. I'm Park Place. Bud-dy." His red, goat-slitted eyes squinted at me from over his smoked glasses. "You're more like Oriental Avenue right now, dove. What are you on?"
Author: Kim Harrison
28. "I don't need to kill goats to say things. I CAN talk."
Author: L.J. Smith
29. "I knew it!" He pumps a fist into the air. "You've fallen in love with me. You want to have my babies. We'll get a team of horses and a covered wagon and we'll journey to South America and raise goats."
Author: Laurie Halse Anderson
30. "Beneath his well-trimmed goatee, Murray's mouth was flat and hard. "Bring her up to my office."And with that, he walked away to the private elevators.Fuck, fuck, fuck. Glaring at the girl, Trace asked, "Happy now?"She looked almost smug when she said, "Getting there." She gave a pointed look at his hand on her arm."
Author: Lori Foster
31. "The camp offices stood in the centre, adjoining the shrine to Jupiter that held the legion's Eagle. In the camps of the Vth Macedonica and the VIth Ferrata, these buildings were of grey stone, dressed by Gaulish masons to such smoothness that a man could run his hand down them and not feel the joins.The legions' respective signs of the bull and the eagle had been carved thereon with such pride and perfection that men copied them on their shields and carved them on the bedheads in the barracks.At Raphana, the camp office of the XIIth Fulminata and IVth Scythians before which we dismounted was built of the local baked mud, and some drunkard with a poor eye for detail had etchedthe Scythians' sign of the goat and the Fulminata's crossed thunderbolts together, so that it seemed as if the goat were thunderstruck, or else that lightning grew from its anus. Both applied equally; each was unthinkable in a legion which had any pride in itself."
Author: M.C. Scott
32. "My heart dropped directly into my stomach. And I cursed those fucking goatherds to hell, and myself for not executing them when every military codebook ever written had taught me otherwise. Not to mention my own raging instincts, which had told me to go with Axe and execute them. And let the liberals go to hell in a mule cart, and take with them all of their fucking know-nothing rules of etiquette in war and human rights and whatever other bullshit makes 'em happy."
Author: Marcus Luttrell
33. "If he told me something about the glories ahead for the Prince of Arrow I would have trouble restraining myself. If he suggested I might be born in the year of the goat then there would be no restraint!"
Author: Mark Lawrence
34. "You know," I said, holding my ground. "I gotta tell you. The goatee thing? Yeah, way over. And you know a little jewelry really does go a long way. Just something you might want to consider. I'm actually glad you stopped by, because I have a couple things I've been meaning to say to you. Number one,about your wife? Yeah, she's a skank. And number two, you know that whole thing where you killed Jesse and then buried his remains out back there? Yeah, way un-cool."
Author: Meg Cabot
35. "Every universe, our own included, begins in conversation. Every golem in the history of the world, from Rabbi Hanina's delectable goat to the river-clay Frankenstein of Rabbi Judah Loew ben Bezalel, was summoned into existence through language, through murmuring, recital, and kabbalistic chitchat -- was, literally, talked into life."
Author: Michael Chabon
36. "SCARBOROUGH FAIR, or, THE LOVER'S PROMISE(Lucy:)Are you going to Scarborough Fair?Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thymeRemember me to one who lives thereAlways he'll be a true love of mineTell him I've made him a magical shirtParsley, sage, rosemary, and thymeWithout any seam or needlework Always he'll be a true love of mine(Zach:)Tell her she's found me an acre of landParsley, sage, rosemary, and thymeBetween the salt water and the sea strandThat makes her a true love of mineTell her she's plowed it with just a goat's hornParsley, sage, rosemary, and thymeShe's sowed it all over with one grain of cornYes, she is a true love of mineAnd her daughter forever a daughter of mine(Together:)Are you going to Scarborough Fair?Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thymeRemember us to all who live thereOurs will be true love for all time"
Author: Nancy Werlin
37. "And when I read one of those scapegoat pieces about the "viciousness" of drug pushers, and extolling the basic humanitarianism of the nark-squad hero, I'm saddened. Because it isn't Margo and it isn't Max who keeps the traffic moving: it's that same nark-squad hero with a small, brown paper bag that hustlers and pushers alike have to keep filled if they want to stay on the street."
Author: Nelson Algren
38. "I will lose the habit of stars in the heavens, as frozen water loses the habit of snowflakes. I will take my frozen body, and give it to the young goats that they might graze it."
Author: Nichita Stănescu
39. "Although we very clearly see the sun, we ought not therefore to determine that it is only of the size which our sense of sight presents; and we may very distinctly imagine the head of a lion joined to the body of a goat, without being therefore shut up to the conclusion that a chimaera exists; for it is not a dictate of reason that what we thus see or imagine is in reality existent; but it plainly tells us that all our ideas or notions contain in them some truth."
Author: René Descartes
40. "When I got across, I looked back and saw Tyson giving Grover a piggyback ride (or was it a goatyback ride?)."
Author: Rick Riordan
41. "It, Leo had no idea. Coach Hedge was too miserable to help. He kept pacing the deck with tears in his eyes, pulling at his goatee and slapping the side of his head, muttering, "I should have saved them! I should have blown up more stuff!" Finally Leo told him to go belowdecks and secure everything for departure. He wasn't doing any good beating himself up. The six demigods gathered on the quarterdeck and gazed at the distant column of dust still rising from the site of the implosion."
Author: Rick Riordan
42. "Christmas was just another workday, just as it had been growing up in Alabama. In a good year back then, little Robert got a handkerchief and an orange. One year his father fashioned a little cart—although come to think of it that was in the spring, not at Christmastime—and the children took turns being pulled around the yard by the family goat. Then he died. His father and the goat."
Author: Robert M. Edsel
43. "Sasha growled low in his throat. "Send the wolf to watch them," he mocked in falsetto. His nostrils flared. "I swear Z, if I live, I'm going to rip that damned goatee off your face and stick your shaving cream in the fridge."
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
44. "Your mother was a goatherder. (Savitar)It's an honorable profession. (Takeshi)Yeah, for a goat. (Savitar)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
45. "My name is Nick Gautier and this is the story of my life. First off, get the name right. It's pronounced Go-shay not Go-tee-ay or Goat-chay (that has an extra H in it and as my mom says we're so poor we couldn't afford the extra letter). I'm not some fancy French fashion designer. I'm just a regular kid… well as regular as someone with a stripper for a mother and a career felon for a father can be."
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
46. "Well, I knew that goat would be a little gold mine," I say.Yes, of course I was referring to that, not the lasting joy you gave your sister you love so much you took her place in the reaping," says Peeta drily."
Author: Suzanne Collins
47. "Fine. Somebody else can arrange to get the stupid goat knocked up."
Author: Suzanne Collins
48. "Goats did have names for themselves, she well knew: there was 'goat who is my kid,' 'goat who is my mother,' 'goat who is herd leader,' and half a dozen other names not least of which was 'goat who is this goat."
Author: Terry Pratchett
49. "But he hadn't appeared that night. Not the next morning, either. By the time she finally crossed paths with him the following afternoon, his mumbled "Merry Christmas" was the extent of their exchange.It seemed they were back to silence.I don't want you.She tried to ignore the words echoing in her memory. They weren't true, she told herself. She was an expert at deceit; she knew a lie when she heard one.Still. What else to believe, when he avoided her thus?Although he rarely spoke to her over the next two days, Sophia frequently overheard him speaking of her. Even these remarks were the tersest of commands: "Fetch Miss Turner more water," or "See that her canopy doesn't go slack." She felt herself being tended, not unlike a goat. Fed, watered, sheltered. Perhaps she shouldn't complain. Food, water, and shelter were all welcome things.But Sophia was not livestock, and she had other, more profound needs. Needs he seemed intent on neglecting, the infuriating man."
Author: Tessa Dare
50. "It's bad enough in life to do without something YOU want; but confound it, what gets my goat is not being able to give somebody something you want THEM to have."
Author: Truman Capote
Quotes About Goat Pictures