Famous Quotes About God And Death Of Loved Ones
Browse 14 famous quotes and sayings about God And Death Of Loved Ones.
Top Quotes About God And Death Of Loved Ones
1. "Theres a heavy silence between usit settles in the creases on your jacketand seeps into the fur on my hood.i know your middle name andi know your birthday and i know you look more like your dadbut you wish you looked like your mom.i watch your back and for the first time in my lifeim genuinely terrified."whats my birthday?" i askand you dont look at me because you never doyou never look me in the eyeyou never say my nameand god its hitting me.its hitting me that maybemaybe it was all for nothingi know you inside and outi know you better than i know myselfand maybe thats all for nothing."it's in december, right?" you askbut its not a question andif i were anyone else if i werent love-sickif i wasnt absolutelyfucking blinded by youi would punch you in the fucking mouth.my birthday is may fifth."
Author: Ashlyn Roselli
2. "To generate an enduring peace, we will each have to continue to make progress as Christ conscious leaders, becoming increasingly aware of our unity with others and expanding our ability to receive Divine Love and be a vehicle for Divine Love. We will each have to detach from any impediments in our tribes, our families, and our own self-will that deter us from a commitment to fulfill God's purpose in our lives, to do our work, and to continue our lifelong transformation as Christ conscious leaders. And we will have to come to realize that, in partnership with the Eternal Absolute, we each have the power – and thecalling – to build the kingdom of God on earth."
Author: Barbara Benjamin
3. "Growing up, if I hadn't had sports, I don't know where I'd be. God only knows what street corners I'd have been standing on and God only knows what I'd have been doing, but instead I played hockey and went to school and stayed out of trouble."
Author: Bobby Orr
4. "He (Lincoln) recognized the delicate balance between immanence and transcendence, refusing to settle for either of these alone. His was a God who was both in the world and above the world."
Author: Elton Trueblood
5. "It was completely fifth garde and completely silly and I loved it, because he wasn't afraid to be silly. It was like kissing him first - I could do whatever I wanted and not have to worry what he'd think of me."
Author: Kelley Armstrong
6. "Randy said I could call him for anything, Paula said that she loved me and said how much of a star I was. Simon was like, keep up the good work and I'll have nothing to worry about."
Author: LaToya London
7. "Whenever a thing changes and quits its proper limits, This change is at once the death of that which was before"
8. "Why miss out on what God has in store for you while you're trying to get in on his plan for somebody else? Your plans are the best—for YOU—and so is your personality. You're so worth it"
Author: Nancy Rue
9. "My prayer for you today is that you experience the Love that God has for you in such a profound, childlike way that your perspective is completely transformed. As you encounter circumstances in your life, from the trivial to the catastrophic, may you be more acutely aware of the magnitude of His love for you than the magnitude of the troubles you face."
Author: Riisa Renee
10. "He was as temptingly made as the first Adam must have been. God hadn't shirked his duties when creating Gideon Horn. No, indeed. In fact, she wondered if God hadn't put just a jot too much effort into it. He should have given the man something more useful than good looks and a treacherous charm. Humility, for example. She tried to imagine a humble Gideon, but it was impossible. Such a creature would be beyond even the Almighty's powers of imagination."
Author: Sabrina Jeffries
11. "Human beings suffer,They torture one another,They get hurt and get hard.No poem or play or songCan fully right a wrongInflicted and endured.The innocent in gaolsBeat on their bars together.A hunger-striker's fatherStands in the graveyard dumb.The police widow in veilsFaints at the funeral home.History says, don't hopeOn this side of the grave.But then, once in a lifetimeThe longed-for tidal waveOf justice can rise up,And hope and history rhyme.So hope for a great sea-changeOn the far side of revenge.Believe that further shoreIs reachable from here.Believe in miracleAnd cures and healing wells.Call miracle self-healing:The utter, self-revealingDouble-take of feeling.If there's fire on the mountainOr lightning and stormAnd a god speaks from the skyThat means someone is hearingThe outcry and the birth-cryOf new life at its term."
Author: Seamus Heaney
12. "We cannot suppose therefore that God has made an order of beings, with such mental qualities and powers, for the sole purpose of being used as beasts, or instruments of labour."
Author: Thomas Clarkson
13. "I loved Carl Perkins, Jerry lee Lewis... not only were they personal friends."
Author: Wanda Jackson
14. "Abraham saw God as Father. He proved Him to be the source of all things. Isaac received the inheritance as a son. It is a blessed thing to have a gift bestowed upon us by God. Yet even what we receive we may seize upon and spoil. Jacob attempted to do this, and was only saved from the consequences by having his natural strength undone. There must be a day in our experience when this happens. The characteristic of those who truly know God is that they have no faith in their own competence, no reliance upon themselves. When Jacob learned this lesson, then in truth there began to be an Israel of God. . ."
Author: Watchman Nee
Quotes About God And Death Of Loved Ones Pictures