Famous Quotes About God Creating Me
Browse 29 famous quotes and sayings about God Creating Me.
Top Quotes About God Creating Me
1. "She'd barely covered up her long, tan legs in a pair of shorts that made me want to go to church on Sunday just to thank God for creating her.- Beau"
Author: Abbi Glines
2. "She started walking toward me and perfect white teeth caught her full bottom lip between them. I'd fantasized about those lips way too many times. She'd barely covered up her long tanned legs with a pair of shorts that made me want to go to church this Sunday just to thank God for creating her."
Author: Abbi Glines
3. "I assure you that some of the most awesome things God has ever done for me have come out of the most awful things I'd done to myself."
Author: Beth Moore
4. "You're just a character in my dream.""You wish.""I didn't mean my love interest," she replied defensively. "You'd have better hair. You're the character I dreamed up because the rest of the dream was making me homesick." "Maybe you're the character I dreamed up to scare myself awake.""That's not very nice!""You made fun of my hair. I like it this way. Short and simple."I don't mind short. Mine is short.""Then what's wrong with mine?" Jason challenged."Maybe we should talk about something else.""Like the guy on a horse coming to kill us?""It needs more style," she muttered."The horse?""Your hair.""I forgot to bring my gel when I got eaten by a hippo."
Author: Brandon Mull
5. "They wanted to jump on their own bandwagon. Bobby Charlton had never made it as a manager. Bobby Moore hadn't either. I think they never stopped trying to put me in the same category. That was the road they went down with me."
Author: Bryan Robson
6. "The river never changes. it may alter it's path a bit, but it never changes. It's us who change. We come back here and we're are different. Not it." Form can't be extracted from the essence like some broth reduction."This river's taught me a good bit. Probably why I don't leave here. It winds, weaves, snakes around. Rarely goes the same twice. But, in the end, it always ends up in the same place and the gift is never the same." ..."it's the journey that matters."
Author: Charles Martin
7. "For 20 years I've had the privilege of representing Canada around the globe... first on the bike and then on my blades. The experiences have shaped me into who I am today."
Author: Clara Hughes
8. "Solitude well practiced will break the power of busyness, haste, isolation, and loneliness. You will see that the world is not on your shoulders after all. Your will find yourself, and God will find you in new ways. Silence also brings Sabbath to you. It completes solitude, for without it you cannot be alone. Far from being a mere absence, silence allows the reality of God to stand in the midst of your life. God does not ordinarily compete for our attention. IN silence we come to attend. Lastly, fasting is done that we many consciously experience the direct sustenance of God to our body and our whole person."
Author: Dallas Willard
9. "Then how about one kiss?" he said with a sexy grin. "Something to remember me by?" ..."I'll give you something to remember me by," I said. "The back of my head."I pushed past him and escaped through the door to freedom."
Author: Ellen Schreiber
10. "My secret friend,Oh, take me to the river.My secret friend,So we can swim forever."
11. "Maybe if I prayed to Miss Marple, she'd hook me up with a clue"
Author: Ilona Andrews
12. "As a lake is the reciprocal of an island, so Agatha is the soup to my spoon. She makes me feel like an apple and a doctor, keeping myself away from myself, like the yellow stripes yelling at the black bars of a bee."
Author: Jarod Kintz
13. "It was on the eve of Yom Kippur, the holiest of holy days, that a fly flew under the door of the synagogue and began to pester the hanging congregants. It flew from face to face, buzzing, landing on long noses, going in and out of hairy ears. AND IF THIS IS ATEST, the Venerable Rabbi enlightened, trying to keep his congregationtogether, SHOULD WE NOT RISE TO ITS CHALLENGE? AND I URGE YOU: CRASH TO THE GROUND BEFORE YOU RELEASE THE GREAT BOOK!But how pestering that fly was, tickling some of the most ticklish places. AND AS GOD ASKED ABRAHAM TO SHOW ISAAC THE KNIFE'S POINT, SO IS HE ASKING US NOT TO SCRATCH OUR ASSES! AND IF WE MUST, BY ALL MEANS WITH THE LEFT HAND!"
Author: Jonathan Safran Foer
14. "Whatever. Wish me luck." Maggie disappeared in a waft of perfume.Luck? I don't think so. Prayer? That's what I'm into."
Author: Judy Baer
15. "Don't leave," I whispered, tightening my hold. "Never leave me again. Stay with me. Forever." The winter prince smiled, a small, easy smile, and lowered his lips to mine. "I promise."
Author: Julie Kagawa
16. "You need to eat your salad," Aidan finally said."Oh, so now you're telling me what to eat?""You're supposed to be eating a lot of green, leafy vegetables for the folic acid."She arched her brows in surprise. "And just how do you know that?"Through a mouthful of baked potato, he said, "What To Expect While You're Expecting."
Author: Katie Ashley
17. "That was another thing people used to be able to do, which they can't do anymore: enjoy in their heads events which hadn't happened yet and might never occur. My mother was good at that. Someday my father would stop writing science fiction, and write something a whole lot of people wanted to read instead. And we would get a new house in a beautiful city, and nice clothes, and so on. She used to make me wonder why God had ever gone to all the trouble of creating reality. Quoth Mandarax:Imagination is as good as many voyages - and how much cheaper! - GEORGE WILLIAM CURTIS"
Author: Kurt Vonnegut
18. "Honestly, when I had the idea to make 'An Inconvenient Truth,' and I was going out and raising the money, and I said, 'I want to make a movie about Al Gore's slide show, will you give me a million dollars?' People thought I was insane, looked at me cross-eyed."
Author: Lawrence Bender
19. "Listen to me. I know something else. It will begin again. 200,000 dead and 80,000 wounded in nine seconds. Those are the official figures. It will begin again. It will be 10,000 degrees on the earth. Ten thousand suns, people will say. The asphalt will burn. Chaos will prevail. An entire city will be lifted off the ground, and fall back to earth in ashes…I meet you. I remember you. Who are you? You're destroying me. You're good for me. How could I know this city was tailor-made for love? How could I know you fit my body like a glove? I like you. How unlikely. I like you. How slow all of a sudden. How sweet. You cannot know. You're destroying me. You're good for me. You're destroying me. You're good for me. I have time. Please, devour me. Deform me to the point of ugliness. Why not you?"
Author: Marguerite Duras
20. "We are in the grip of some big machine grinding us along. The force of it simplifies everything. A weird calm settled over me from inside out. What is about to happen has stood in line to happen. All the roads out of that instant have been closed, one by one."
Author: Mary Karr
21. "It's kind of depressing, if you think about it. I mean, me being so young, and yet so cynical and suspicious."
Author: Meg Cabot
22. "When I was foolish, I detested sagacity. I ate the fruits of my foolishness and ignorance. I thank God because I was once foolish. It was from my foolishness that I learnt and understood the true savour of sagacity."
Author: Ogwo David Emenike
23. "The orthodox tend to think that people who, like the postmodernists and me, believe neither in God nor in some suitable substitute, must feel that everything is permitted, that everybody can do what they like."
Author: Richard M. Rorty
24. "Healing God, give me the courage to move forward, and help me to see that my deepest sin might be my unwillingness to keep growing." Wednesday of the Fourth Week of Lent The Two-Way Mirror Isaiah 49:8–15; John 5:17–30 The First Reading is one of the most lovely in all of Isaiah, and its metaphors make some think that Second Isaiah might well have been a woman."
Author: Richard Rohr
25. "Every other man spoke a language entirely his own, which he had figured out by private thinking; he had his own ideas and peculiar ways. If you wanted to talk about a glass of water, you had to start back with God creating the heavens and earth; the apple; Abraham; Moses and Jesus; Rome; the Middle Ages; gunpowder; the Revolution; back to Newton; up to Einstein; then war and Lenin and Hitler. After reviewing this and getting it all straight again you could proceed to talk about a glass of water. "I'm fainting, please get me a little water." You were lucky even then to make yourself understood. And this happened over and over and over with everyone you met. You had to translate and translate, explain and explain, back and forth, and it was the punishment of hell itself not to understand or be understood."
Author: Saul Bellow
26. "The books...they helped keep me from losing my mind altogether."
Author: Tahereh Mafi
27. "Yes, sir, thank you, sir, and I wouldn't trust me one little inch, sir. I knows a bad one when I sees them. I have a mirror."
Author: Terry Pratchett
28. "So, come on! Kill me if you can!!"
Author: Tsugumi Ohba
29. "Scientists rightly resist invoking the supernatural in scientific explanations for fear of committing a god-of-the-gaps fallacy (the fallacy of using God as a stop-gap for ignorance). Yet without some restriction on the use of chance, scientists are in danger of committing a logically equivalent fallacy-one we may call the "chance-of-the-gaps fallacy." Chance, like God, can become a stop-gap for ignorance."
Author: William A. Dembski
Quotes About God Creating Me Pictures