Famous Quotes About God From The Torah
Browse 11 famous quotes and sayings about God From The Torah.
Top Quotes About God From The Torah
1. "We had been found and brought to this place so near to the sky we could hear the voice of the King of Creation. The Lord had saved us and delivered us, as the Torah vowed he would. I would have been willing to do anything for the glory of God as I walked through the gate, except forgive him for what I had lost."
Author: Alice Hoffman
2. "A man who struggles long to pray and study Torah will be able to discover the sparks of divine light in all of creation, in each solitary bush and grain and woman and man. And when he cleaves strenuously to God for many years, he will be able to release the sparks to unwrap and lift these particular shreds of holiness, and return them to God. This is the human task: to direct and channel the spark's return. This task is tikkun, restoration.Yours is a holy work on earth right now, they say, whatever that work is if you tie your love and desire to God. You do not deny or flee the world, but redeem it, all of it - just as it is."
Author: Annie Dillard
3. "I gave in, and admitted that God was God."
Author: C.S. Lewis
4. "That's why I had a reduction when I was twenty-one," which is when his expression morphed into one of horror.You'd have thought I told him I made an amazing stew from tiny babies and puppy tongues."Why on earth would you do that? That's like God giving you a beautiful gift and you kicking him in the nuts."I laughed. "God? I thought you were agnostic, Professor.""I am. But if I could motorboat perfect tits like yours I might be able to find Jesus." I felt my blush warm my cheeks. "Because Jesus totally lives in my cleavage?""Not anymore he doesn't. Your boobs are now too small for him to be comfortable in there." He shook his head, and I couldn't stop laughing. "So selfish, Ziggs,"
Author: Christina Lauren
5. "Remember that while He walked this earth, Christ didn't micromanage the lives of people around Him. He wasn't controlling in His demands of their obedience. He didn't run after the rich young ruler who wouldn't sell all he had to follow Him. Jesus didn't chase him down and demand compliance. If then, being so perfect and wise, He can allow people to fail, why do we believe it our job to micromanage the life of [others] Can we trust God to speak to [them], teach [them], and lead [them]?" (p. 168)."
Author: Hayley DiMarco
6. "Your words are powerful so what you say goes a long way to either establish or destroy you; this is why you should say things that God has said concerning you, not things that situations or circumstances say."
Author: Jaachynma N.E. Agu
7. "It is no use to grumble and complain; It's just as cheap and easy to rejoice; When God sorts out the weather and sends rain - Why, rain's my choice."
Author: James Whitcomb Riley
8. "I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong."
Author: John Lennon
9. "Not entirely fair?" His voice became that of the inferno: a rushing, booming howl of icy evil that flew around the great cavern, as swift and cold as the Wendigo on skates. "I am Satan, also called Lucifer the Light Bearer..."Cabal winced. What was it about devils that they always had to give you their whole family history?"I was cast down from the presence of God himself into this dark, sulfurous pit and condemned to spend eternity here-""Have you tried saying sorry?" interrupted Cabal."No, I haven't! I was sent down for a sin of pride. It rather undermines my position if I say 'sorry'!"
Author: Jonathan L. Howard
10. "In a sermon I heard recently, the minister claimed that the portrait of God as a storm god (a literary motif that he did not name) in Psalm 97 is based on allusions to the Exodus and is 'not mere window dressing,' that is, metaphoric. As I observed to this preacher later, he used a metaphor in his denigration of metaphor as "mere window dressing."
Author: Leland Ryken
11. "We were learning what "living on faith" really means, and God was providing for us very much like he provided for the Israelites in the desert - just the basics, just enough, and just in time."
Author: Shelley Hitz
Quotes About God From The Torah Pictures