Famous Quotes About Going Off Into The World
Browse 21 famous quotes and sayings about Going Off Into The World.
Top Quotes About Going Off Into The World
1. "I kept going deeper and deeper into this world of repetition...The sad thing is, people don't want to believe that the person they're in love with is out of his mind, drinking and using, so if you give them even half an excuse, they're going to want to believe it. A girl with no prior exposure to the disease had to be blissfully unaware of the nefarious tricks of the dope fiend. That's how I was able to get high all summer and autumn and pretend like it wasn't happening. I was saying, 'I'm sick.' I was deteriorating physically and emotionally. Jaime was tolerant, and it did speak well of her character, because she was not the type to abandon ship during a crisis. She didn't consider backing off or bowing out, she was just there, which I can't say about everybody. I don't know if I could say it even about myself."
Author: Anthony Kiedis
2. "Laurel stared at him, his tense sholders, his dominating posture. He'd been back for about two weeks, and everything in Laurel's life had been thrown into chaos. Sexy, sexy chaos At least he had his shirt on this time."
Author: Aprilynne Pike
3. "I mean, okay, let's say we're all going to get better. Let's just pretend we will. Fine. Where are we going to go after we get better? What are we going to do with all of our newfound healthy behaviors? Back out into the world that screwed us up and screwed us over. This does not sound promising."
Author: Benjamin Alire Sáenz
4. "Talking back and being quite aggressive about stuff and not giving a care in the world about anyone. So it was more, I think, that way and I think that's what happened in that party when I stood in between two people."
Author: Caroline Dhavernas
5. "Your ideal authors ought to pull you from the foundering of your previous existence, not smilingly guide you into a friendly and peaceable harbor."
Author: Christopher Hitchens
6. "Today as always, men fall into two groups: slaves and free men. Whoever does not have two-thirds of his day for himself, is a slave, whatever he may be: a statesman, a businessman, an official, or a scholar."
Author: Friedrich Nietzsche
7. "Now from his breast into the eyes the acheof longing mounted, and he wept at last,his dear wife, clear and faithful, in his arms, longed for as the sunwarmed earth is longed for by a swimmerspent in rough water where his ship went downunder Poseidon's blows, gale winds and tons of sea.Few men can keep alive through a big serfto crawl, clotted with brine, on kindly beachesin joy, in joy, knowing the abyss behind:and so she too rejoiced, her gaze upon her husband, her white arms round him pressed as though forever."
8. "He acted like he didn't hear me. "He will let you down, because that's what he does. That's who he is." For the rest of my life, I was going to remember those words. Everything Jeremiah said to me that day, our wedding day, I would remember. I would remember the words Jeremiah said and the way he looked at me with them. With pity, and with bitterness. I hated myself for being the one who made him bitter, because that was one thing he'd never been. I reached up and laid my palm on his cheek. He could have pushed my hand away, he could have recoiled at my touch. He didn't. Just that one tiny thing told me what I needed to know - that Jere was still Jere and nothing could ever change that."
Author: Jenny Han
9. "I'm not going to be one of those people who sits around talking about what they're going to do. I'm just going to do it. Imagining the future is a kind of nostalgia."
Author: John Green
10. "Dark thought started to slip into my mind, despite all my efforts to keep them out. What was the use of anything? We were born, we lived a few years, grew old, and then died. What was the point of it all? All those people in the County and the wide world beyond, living their short little lives before going to the grave. What was it all for? My dad was dead. He'd worked hard all his life, but the journey of his life had had only one destination: the grave. That's where we were all heading. into the grave. Into the soil, to be eaten by worms. Poor Billy Bradley had been the Spook's apprentice before me. He'd had his fingers bitten off by a boggat and had died of shock and loss of blood. And where was he now? In a grave. Not even in a churchyard. He was buried outside because the Church considered him no better than a malevolent witch. That would be my fate too. A grave in unhallowed ground."
Author: Joseph Delaney
11. "Do not be fooled into believing that because a man is rich he is necessarily smart. There is ample proof to the contrary."
Author: Julius Rosenwald
12. "We aren't going to fuck, Meg. Even when it's hard and fast or a little rough or a lot dirty, I'm not fucking you. In the kitchen, in the bedroom, on my car, or any damn where I want to take you, will not be fucking. Fucking is for strangers or people who don't give a shit about each other."
Author: Kristen Proby
13. "Right, so, he has an amazing family, a good job…" She's ticking his attributes off on her fingers. "He's not a freeloader or a loser, he's loyal and good with kids, and he's fucking amazing in the bedroom. That bastard!"
Author: Kristen Proby
14. "The power of a book lies in its power to turn a solitary act into a shared vision. As long as we have books, we are not alone."
Author: Laura Bush
15. "That's what most people don't realize; that's why one out of every two marriages fail. Because people go into them with hearts in their eyes and forever on their lips and no concept whatsoever of what that truly means. Of course it's going to be hard work. Of course you are going to get angry and upset and wonder why, out of everyone in the world entire world, you decided to fall in love with an idiot who farts in his sleep and eats like a pig and can't ever be assed to pick up his own dirty underwear off the fucking floor."
16. "I was wise enough to never grow up while fooling most people into believing I had."
Author: Margaret Mead
17. "I fell off stage and bruised some ribs. The worst part was that the audience didn't realize I was gone."
Author: Richard Marx
18. "I scowled at him as I shifted the gear into drive. "Do you love being difficult?" I asked. "My mom says it's my specialty," he said with a grin."
Author: Shana Norris
19. "When I strip away my dreams, what I imagine to be my potential, all the things I haven't said, what I imagine I feel for other people in the absence of my expressing it, all the rules I've made for myself that I don't follow--I see that I've done as little as anyone else in this world to deserve the grand moniker I."
Author: Sheila Heti
20. "Usually when I wielded a hockey stick, it meant somebody was going to get hurt. This is just a friendly match."
Author: Stan Mikita
21. "It's such a performance to bring stuff into America. It's a great luxury when I am in England."
Author: Terence Stamp
Quotes About Going Off Into The World Pictures