Famous Quotes About Going On A Date
Browse 33 famous quotes and sayings about Going On A Date.
Top Quotes About Going On A Date
1. "It's called Valentine's Day, you moron. If you're going to date a human, Dankmar, you need to remember their holidays."
Author: Abbi Glines
2. "Sweet pea, what did you expect?""Something other than that.""Well, you shouldn't have. We human girls are a bit feistier than your Syrena females-Rayna being the exception of course.""But Emma's not human."Rachel shakes her head at him as if he's a child. "She's been human all her life. It's all she knows. The good news is, she can't date anyone right now.""Why's that?" Because to him, it sounded like maybe Emma thought she could."Because she's supposed to be dating you. And if I were you, I'd mark my territory as soon as I got back to school-if you know what I mean."He scowls. He hadn't planned on staying in school after Emma learned the truth-the whole purpose for going was to eventually get Emma to the beach. He didn't anticipate having to teach her how to become Syrena. And he didn't anticipate that up until yesterday she actually thought she was human. In fact, there's a list the length of his fin of things he didn't anticipate.Like how thick the school books are."
Author: Anna Banks
3. "We were arguing about which beach you wanted me to take you to. We were going swimming after school.""Liar." With a capital L. Swimming-drowning-falls on my to-do list somewhere below giving birth to porcupines."Oh, wait. You're right. We were arguing about when the Titanic actually sank. We had already agreed to go to my house to swim."Bells are going off in my head, but not the kind that should be ringing if this were true. I don't remember talking about the beach at all, but I do remember answering the question about the Titanic in Mr. Pinter's class. Even Galen, wielding his smile as a thought deterrent, couldn't have talked me into getting in the water, could he? "I...I don't believe you." I decide as I say it. "I wouldn't get that upset about a date. Historical or otherwise."He shrugs. "It surprised me, too."I raise a BS brow. "Why would you argue about the date anyway? You could Google it all over the place and get the same answer."
Author: Anna Banks
4. "I'm very traditional, believe it or not. My daughters are not allowed to date until they're at least 16 and I'm going to make it 18 for the next one."
Author: Anna Benson
5. "Although Damascus is considered the oldest city in the world, the date of its foundation going beyond tradition, there are very few relics of antiquity in or near it."
Author: Bayard Taylor
6. "Simon turned to Jordan, who was lying down across the futon, his head propped against one of the woven throw pillows. "How much of that did you hear?""Enough to gather that we're going to a party tonight," said Jordan. "I heard about the Ironworks event. I'm not in the Garroway pack, so I wasn't invited.""I guess you're coming as my date now." Simon shoved the phone back into his pocket. "I'm secure enough in my masculinity to accept that," said Jordan. "We'd better get you something nice to wear, though," he called as Simon headed back into his room. "I want you to look pretty."
Author: Cassandra Clare
7. "I can't date women my own age any more - I hate going to cemeteries."
Author: Cesar Romero
8. "I've been texting for a year with a couple of guys without ever going on a date with them."
Author: Chloe Sevigny
9. "I was a serious competitive figure skater and still ice-skate as much as I can. Anyway, I once brought a date to the rink to have him experience what I was into. So all is going fine, and then - bam! - he bit it extremely hard! Skate time was over. His bruises were scary. I felt so bad."
Author: Christian Serratos
10. "I knew she was leaving. I knew we were never going to date long-distance. I knew that we wouldn't have been able to be like this back when were were dating, so there was no use in regretting what hadn't happened. I suspected that what happens in hotel rooms rarely lasts outside of them. I suspected that when something was a beginning and an ending at the same time, that meant it could only exist in the present... ..It was snowing outside, anointing the air with a quiet wonder shared by all passersby. When I got back to my mother's apartment, I was a mixture of giddy thrill-happiness and muddle gut-confusion-- I didn't want to leave anything regarding Sofia to chance, and at the same time I was enjoying this step away from it."
Author: David Levithan
11. "Love and I once had a great relationship, but I fear we've broken up. It cheated on me, wrecked my heart, and then went on to date other people. A lot of other people. And I can't stand to watch it, since love's going to cheat on them too."
Author: David Levithan
12. "Wow. You're going to be a little more difficult to date than I anticipated."I loosely crossed my arms and leaned against the door frame. "Yep. It's gonna require a little effort on your part. Like physically leaving your room and crossing that horrible hallway that protects you from the cold and snow, and actually come talk to me in person.""Alright, alright. You win. Personal contact it is. So how about you meet me for lunch tomorrow?""Sure." I reached over and gently tugged him towards me. "See how easy that was?" His body pressed up against me and his lips brushed mine once more. My insides did a happy dance."I want you to remember this arrangement when I stop by unexpectedly and you have green goop smeared all over your face and you're too embarrassed to open the door."
Author: Devon Ashley
13. "Let me ask you something, in all the years that you have...undressed in front of a gentleman has he ever asked you to leave? Has he ever walked out and left? No? It's because he doesn't care! He's in a room with a naked girl, he just won the lottery. I am so tired of saying no, waking up in the morning and recalling every single thing I ate the day before, counting every calorie I consumed so I know just how much self loathing to take into the shower. I'm going for it. I have no interest in being obese, I'm just through with the guilt. So this is what I'm going to do, I'm going to finish this pizza, and then we are going to go watch the soccer game, and tomorrow we are going to go on a little date and buy ourselves some bigger jeans."
Author: Elizabeth Gilbert
14. "Be optimistic. Always put on clean underwear if you're going on a date."
Author: Jacob M. Appel
15. "A piece of advice: if you want to remain in control of a doomsday cult, don't give a date for the end of the world unless you're really, really sure it's going to happen. Being wrong tends to undermine your authority."
Author: Jennifer Bosworth
16. "[…] I have a date this afternoon." "Oh, Lord." Jake closed his eyes. "Who are you going to destroy now?""I beg your pardon?""The hotel would appreciate it if you'd just throw back the men you don't like without maiming them.""I haven't maimed anyone.""You almost drowned Lance, you scared Peter into heart palpitations, you stabbed Donald with a fork, and you hit Brad over the head with a bottle." Jake shook his head. "And they still ask you out."
Author: Jennifer Crusie
17. "Nick ran smack into me."Ooof!" he hollered, grabbing me around the waist to keep me from falling down the rest of the staircase.That's when I realized Mom thought Nick and I were going on a date together.Quickly Nick let me go.He looked huge, frowning down at me from the step above. "Why are you stopping in the middle of the stairs?""Why are you tailgating me?"He put his hand behind me, at butt level, without touching me. "What is that?" he demanded.I bent a little and slapped my butt, "Something the heir to a meat fortune should know all about. USDA grade-A prime,baby." I straightened. "Just kidding. Really, it's my butt."He put his hands on his hips, and from below I noticed his strong superhero chin again.He grumbled, "Why do you have 'boy toy' written across your butt?""Oh!" I put my hand over the words, realizing that I probably should have been embarrassed about this sooner. "These are my brother's jeans. He wrote it to annoy me. Or to get me a date."
Author: Jennifer Echols
18. "And then my mom called, "Have fun on your date, Hayden!"Another step down and I thought, Good.Mom is mistaken and has led Nick to believe I'm going on a date.One more step down and I thought,Oh no,Mom has led Nick believe I'm going on a date!""
Author: Jennifer Echols
19. "April 11, 2004Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the rules of thought, feeling, and behavior in these circumstances? It seems like there should be a rule book somewhere that lays out everything exactly the way one should respond to a loss like this. I'd surely like to know if I'm doing it right. Am I whining enough or too much? Am I unseemly in my occasional moments of lightheartedness? At what date and I supposed to turn off the emotion and jump back on the treadmill of normalcy? Is there a specific number of days or decades that must pass before I can do something I enjoy without feeling I've betrayed my dearest love? And when, oh when, am I ever really going to believe this has happened? Next time you're in a bookstore, as if there's a rule book.11:54 p.m.Jim"
Author: Jim Beaver
20. "If the second date seems to be going well, it's pretty much a given that by dessert I'll renounce my faith"
Author: Josh Stern
21. "The nice way to meet a guy is through getting to know them first. Then you can really judge their personality. What I can't take is meeting someone, going on a date, getting to know them, then finding out they're a complete psycho - 'Great, I've just wasted all this time on you!'"
Author: Katy B
22. "You look incredible, Kavanagh," Quinn whispered close to my ear. "Are you trying to kill me?""Ssshhh," I hissed. "They're going to hear you.""I can't tell my date she's beautiful?"I turned my head. "No. No, you can't."
Author: Laura Anderson Kurk
23. "Trina stared into her open kitchen cabinets. She was two and a half days into her pre-date-night ritual fast, and she was about to crack. Technically, she wasn't going out on a date Saturday night, but Juliet was determined to have a man in her bed by the end of the evening. To be honest, Trina wasn't really looking forward to tomorrow night's manhunt. Sure, she was desperate for some hot monkey sex, but the thought of a one-night-stand was quickly losing its appeal. She wanted more than just plain, old sex. She wanted romance -- preferably with someone for whom she didn't have to fast for three days to attract."
Author: Lucie Simone
24. "How do you feel about going on a date with me? I'm abroad for another two weeks; you've got plenty of time to prepare yourself. It will be the best night of your life, of course."
Author: Lucy Robinson
25. "Keep Your Pants OnSome people believe the myth that if you do NOT have sex by the third date the relationship is going nowhere. What a joke!!! Why would you have sex with a complete stranger? This person could be married, a psycho, or have an interesting disease that could be spread to you. Get to know the person for who they are, no matter how great their body is. Why risk having sex before discovering you really do not like them? Think before you get naked!"
Author: Pamela Cummins
26. "Did you say ‘yes' to going out on a date with him?" Sally asked Jacque. "All I got to say is if she said no, she might not want to go to sleep tonight ‘cause I'm going to dye her hair blonde to compliment her being a dumb ass," Jen told them. "Uh, Jen, you're a blonde," Jacque pointed out. "No, not really, God just got it wrong and it was too late to change it once He noticed."
Author: Quinn Loftis
27. "I had this whole plan when I graduated high school: I was going to go to college, date a few guys, and then meet THE guy at the end of my freshman year, maybe at the beginning of my sophomore year. We'd be engaged by graduation and married the next year. And then, after some traveling, we'd start our family. Four kids, three years apart. I wanted to be done by the time I was 35."
Author: Rainbow Rowell
28. "If we don't accept any common beliefs, we can't exist in spacetime. But when we don't believe in age, at least we don't have to die because our numbers change. [...] When you don't believe in birthdays, the idea of aging turns a little foreign to you. You don't fall into trauma over your sixteenth birthday or your thirtieth or the big Five-Oh or the deadly Century. You measure your life by what you learn, not by counting how many calendars you've seen. If you're going to have trauma, better it be the shock of discovering the fundamental principle of the universe that some date predictable as next July."
Author: Richard Bach
29. "Ain't nothing going to eat you while Bubba's around." Caleb laughed. "They might toy with him for a bit but he won't let any past." Caleb to Nick."Is something wrong?" Nick to Bubba"Nah... I just..." Bubba nervous."Please, God, Bubba, tell me you're not about to ask me out, are you?" Nick to Bubba.Bubba made a rude sound at him. "Hell, nah. I'd date Mark first, provided he took a bath so I wouldn't have to fumigate my truck or store.""But," Bubba continued, "now that you mention it... that is what I wanted to ask you about.""Dating Mark? Really?" Nick to Bubba.'Cause the kid with a brand-new license was such an expert on going out with others."
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
30. "Man, first I'm shot, now I'm going to be a friggin' zombie. At this rate, I'll never live to have my first date or a driver's license. Ah, gah! I've come too far to die a predestrian virgin. Bubba, you can't let me die…I only have seventeen more months and three days to my sixteenth birthday! (Nick)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
31. "Listen, I know you just got back, and you're exhausted, but I need a favor." Not again… I was looking forward to going home and sleeping for a day, or several. "I have a date tonight?" "A date?" He choked. I didn't date, and he knew it. "Yeah, with my bed. We were totally going to sleep together." I said sarcastically."
Author: Sophie Monroe
32. "Wow," Ryan said, taking the excedo in from his bare feet to his worn jeans and wrinkled T-shirt. "Protesting showers?""Bite me." Trance stood aside and let Ryan inside, despite his growled words.Ryan strode to the living room, went straight to Trance's DVD player, and inserted one of his sex discs.Trance stood in the entrance to the living room, arms crossed, leaning against the wall as if it were the only thing holding him up. "I don't remember making a movie date with you.""Keep your dick in your pants, Romeo." Ryan pushed Play and stood back. "What do you know about that?"Trance's eyes shot wide, and he yanked himself off the wall. "I know you need an ass-kicking if you came to watch porn with me—oh, fuck me, that's you. Turn it off! I don't need to see that."Ryan hit the Pause button. "Well?""Well, what?" Trance shuddered. "Christ. I'm going to have to gouge out my eyes now."
Author: Sydney Croft
33. "Picture this broad: 22 going on 18. Half the guys in my class would have given their left testicle to date her. This cupcake is the guidance counselor the principal has assigned me. Miss Boyle is her name. We all call her "Miss Bubbly Water." Imagine the teasing I have to endure from my friends. Not to mention what it's like, sitting across from this Barbie Doll every Thursday afternoon, watching her cross and uncross her legs, while she's lecturing me about—get this: "staying focused." Right! My pants are on fire, and she's handing me a crash course in Psych 101!"
Author: Ted Gargiulo
Quotes About Going On A Date Pictures