Famous Quotes About Gold In Silas Marner
Browse 12 famous quotes and sayings about Gold In Silas Marner.
Top Quotes About Gold In Silas Marner
1. "It's fool's gold if you are winning games and are not playing the right way."
Author: Antonio Davis
2. "The blue of my eyes is extinguished in this night, the red gold of my heart."
Author: Georg Trakl
3. "Yes,' Montriveau went on in an unsteady voice, 'this Catholic faith to which you wish to convert me is a lie that men make for themselves; hope is a lie at the expense of the future; pride, a lie between us and our fellows; and pity, and prudence, and terror are cunning lies. And now my happiness is to be one more lying delusion; I am expected to delude myself, to be willing to give gold coin for silver to the end. If you can so easily dispense with my visits; if you confess me neither as your friend nor your love, you do not care for me! And I, poor fool that I am, tell myself this, and know it, and love you!"
Author: Honoré De Balzac
4. "If you worry about financial Armageddon, it is indeed metaphorically the time to stock your bunker with guns, ammunition, canned food and gold bars."
Author: Nouriel Roubini
5. "Nightclubs are the equivalent of a Catholic Church in a poor country. You hear a lot of stuff about churches filled with gold while the people are starving. But what elitists don't get is that for poor people, the church is their own mansion. Nightclubs fill the same function."
Author: Oscar Hijuelos
6. "Why do they make things so complicated?""So that those who have the responsibility for understanding can understand.," he said. "Imagine if everyone went around transforming lead into gold. Gold would lose its value.""It's those who are persistent, and willing to study things deeply, who achieve the Master Work."
Author: Paulo Coelho
7. "So green this summer and so fresh. There are white and gold daisies among the grass in front of an old wire fence, a meadow with some cows and far in the distance a low rising of the land with something golden on it. Hard to know what it is. No need to know."
Author: Robert M. Pirsig
8. "And that was when I saw what Cassidy had done to herself: the gold and red ribbing on her sweater-vest, the matching stripes on her tie, the gray uniform skirt, and the navy blazer draped over her arm..."Is that a Gryffindor tie?" I asked."And an official Harry Potter Merchandise sweater-vest," she confirmed smugly."
Author: Robyn Schneider
9. "You doan go diggin' for gold in an outhouse."
Author: Sandra Hill
10. "It is the poor man who clenches so tightly to the gold he is given - for fear of losing it. The man of wealth spends his gold freely to accomplish his will in the world. It is the same with life.'Suddenly ashamed of my conspicuous poverty, I lowered my eyes. But Scatha placed a hand beneath my chin and raised my head. 'Cling too tightly to your life and you will lose it, my Reluctant Warrior. You must become the master of your life, not its slave."
Author: Stephen R. Lawhead
11. "The Gold Rush and the Pony Express made Sacramento a substantial place in terms of enterprise."
Author: Wayne Thiebaud
12. "Finally Bill Mixter would lower his head, lay his bow upon the strings, and draw out the first notes of a tune, and the others would come in behind him. The music, while it lasted, brought a new world into being. They would play some tunes they had learned on the radio, but their knowledge was far older than that and they played too the music that was native to the place, or that the people of the place were native to. Just the names of the tunes were a kind of music; they cal l back the music to my mind still, after so many years: "Sand Riffle," "Last Gold Dollar," "Billy in the Low Ground," "Gate to Go Through," and a lot of others. "A fiddle, now, is an atmospheric thing," said Burley Coulter. The music was another element filling the room and pouring out through the cracks. When at last they'd had their fill and had gone away, the shop felt empty, the silence larger than before."
Author: Wendell Berry
Quotes About Gold In Silas Marner Pictures