Famous Quotes About Good Behavior
Browse 26 famous quotes and sayings about Good Behavior.
Top Quotes About Good Behavior
1. "Twenty to life, she got, with time off for good behavior. You come around next spring. I'll introduce you."
Author: Alfred Hitchcock
2. "Christians talk as though goodness was their idea but good behavior doesn't have any religious origin. Our prisons are filled with the devout."
Author: Andy Rooney
3. "For the last century, almost all top political appointments [on the planet Earth] had been made by random computer selection from the pool of individuals who had the necessary qualifications. It had taken the human race several thousand years to realize that there were some jobs that should never be given to the people who volunteered for them, especially if they showed too much enthusiasm. As one shrewed political commentator had remarked: "We want a President who has to be carried screaming and kicking into the White House — but will then do the best job he possibly can, so that he'll get time off for good behavior."
Author: Arthur C. Clarke
4. "Discipline isn't a dirty word. Far from it. Discipline is the one thing that separates us from chaos and anarchy. Discipline implies timing. It's the precursor to good behavior, and it never comes from bad behavior. People who associate discipline with punishment are wrong: with discipline, punishment is unnecessary."
Author: Buck Brannaman
5. "This includes drugs, alcohol, environmental toxins, obesity, hypertension, diabetes, heart disease, sleep apnea, depression, negative thinking patterns, excessive stress, and a lack of exercise or new learning. 3. Consistently do good behaviors that help your brain. Adopt a great diet, learn new things, exercise, develop accurate thinking habits, work on stress management, and take some simple supplements to nourish your brain."
Author: Daniel G. Amen
6. "We are all serving a life sentence, and good behavior is our only hope for a pardon."
Author: Douglas Horton
7. "I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows. But now the damned things have learned to swim ,and now decency and good behavior weary me."
Author: Frida Kahlo
8. "If i repent of anything, it is very likely to be my good behavior. what demon possessed me that i behaved so well?"
Author: Henry David Thoreau
9. "Good behavior is the last refuge of mediocrity."
Author: Henry S. Haskins
10. "The best which entailed from parents to children, is the good behavior."
Author: Imam Ali
11. "The zeal, bravery, and good behavior of the officers and men on the night of June 30, and during July 1, was commendable in the extreme."
Author: John Buford
12. "Intelligence agencies keep things secret because they often violate the rule of law or of good behavior."
Author: Julian Assange
13. "My mother moved abroad when I was 11, my dad wasn't around from the time that I was a baby, so I was not the product of a family, but a product of observation - of watching what went on around me, of watching who I liked, what I didn't like, what I thought was good behavior and what I thought was bad behavior and tailoring myself accordingly."
Author: Mark Strong
14. "Abandon a dachshund and upon your return, you may well be confronted with a small token of her displeasure. This, for the dachshund, is an undignified but necessary form of training. Eventually, you will learn your lesson, which is to take you with her everywhere. When you have finally accepted this, you will be generously rewarded for your good behavior by a jaunty, joyful companion."
Author: Mary Doria Russell
15. "Liberty, as it is conceived by current opinion, has nothing inherent about it; it is a sort of gift or trust bestowed on the individual by the state pending good behavior."
Author: Mary McCarthy
16. "And so, he knows. He wants, he needs, to do the immoral, irresponsible thing. He wants to let this boy court his own destruction. He wants to commit that cruelty. Or (kinder, gentler version) he doesn't want to reconfirm his allegiance to the realm of the sensible, all the good people who take responsibility, who go to the right and necessary parties, who sell art made of two-by-fours and carpet remnants. He wants, for at least a little while, to live in that other, darker world - Blake's London, Courbet's Paris; raucous, unsanitary places where good behavior was the province of decent, ordinary people who produced no works of genius."
Author: Michael Cunningham
17. "Avery's tone was grand and high-pitched." And, since I've been hanging out with you, Dad's decided I'm on good behavior now." "Poor oblivious bastard," murmured Christian."
Author: Richelle Mead
18. "How come when mortals want things, their only option is to make a deal with Hell and sell their soul? Why can't they make deals with God in exchange for good behavior?"It was another of those rare moments when I'd surprised Carter. I waited for the glib answer I'd mentioned to Seth, something along the lines of goodness being its own reward. The angel considered for several seconds. "Humans make those deals all the time," he said finally. "They just don't make them with God.""Then who are they making them with?" I exclaimed."Themselves."
Author: Richelle Mead
19. "Can't you ever get off for good behavior?""Sure, if I was ever good."
Author: Richelle Mead
20. "Can you ever get off for good behavior?" he joked.I gave him what I hoped was a seductive smile as I found my seat. "Sure," I called over my shoulder. "If I was ever good."
Author: Richelle Mead
21. "Ah…" Favonius nodded sympathetically. "I don't blame you for being nervous, Nico di Angelo. Do you know how I ended up serving Cupid?" "I don't serve anyone," Nico muttered. "Especially not Cupid." Favonius continued as if he hadn't heard. "I fell in love with a mortal named Hyacinthus. He was quite extraordinary." "He…?" Jason's brain was still fuzzy from his wind trip, so it took him a second to process that. "Oh…" "Yes, Jason Grace." Favonius arched an eyebrow. "I fell in love with a dude. Does that shock you?" Honestly, Jason wasn't sure. He tried not to think about the details of godly love lives, no matter who they fell in love with. After all, his dad, Jupiter, wasn't exactly a model of good behavior. Compared to some of the Olympian love scandals he'd heard about, the West Wind falling in love with a mortal guy didn't seem very shocking. "I guess not. So…Cupid struck you with his arrow, and you fell in love."
Author: Rick Riordan
22. "I would go to jail with only boys. Just to prove I was as tough as you. And when I get out for good behavior, I'll be writing love songs. Silly banging knee songs."
Author: Sara Quin
23. "This is me figuring good behavior is for someone much younger." --Kestrel"
Author: Sarah Gilman
24. "Though I normally approve of plain speaking, as you know, I would suggest that as part of your good behavior, you refer to the king as 'his grace' or even simply 'the king' instead of 'that creature,' by the way."
Author: Susan Higginbotham
25. "If you show up late [for anger management], you don't get credit for the class, which made that car ride even more of a test of your temper. Being late was great-you could leave if you wanted to, but that wasn't going to help you at all. I was late a few times and I always stayed, hoping to get credit for good behavior. I never did, and that made me really fucking angry. Thank God I was learning how to deal with that."
Author: Tommy Lee
26. "One or two of these scoundrel statesmen should be shot once a-year, just to keep the others on their good behavior."
Author: Walter Scott
Quotes About Good Behavior Pictures