Famous Quotes About Good Luck And Love
Browse 22 famous quotes and sayings about Good Luck And Love.
Top Quotes About Good Luck And Love
1. "If you really are happy and you two love each other equally, then great. Good luck to you both. But if you don't – if you wake up one day and realize you're forcing yourself to love him because you think it's the right thing to do, not because he makes you happier than you've ever been – then I want to make sure you know you have a choice. And if you ever want to leave, all you have to do is say the word, and I'll go with you."
Author: Aimee Carter
2. "When one has once had the good luck to love intensely, life is spent in trying to recapture that ardor and that illumination. Forsakingbeauty and the sensual happiness attached to it, exclusively servingmisfortune, calls for a nobility I lack. But, after all, nothing is true that forces one to exclude."
Author: Albert Camus
3. "A teacher is never too smart to learn from his pupils. But while runners differ, basic principles never change. So it's a matter of fitting your current practices to fit the event and the individual. See, what's good for you might not be worth a darn for the next guy."
Author: Bill Bowerman
4. "He felt blind and deaf, the way he did when he was close to a good idea but couldn't tap into it. He'd told Lizzie about that feeling once, and Lizzie had said, "That just means you aren't very smart, Reeve. Smart people have good ideas without having to be blind and deaf first."
Author: Caroline B. Cooney
5. "I love it here in Boston and I love studying medicine. Butit's not home. Dublin is home. Being back with you felt like home. I miss mybest friend.I've met some great guys here, but I didn't grow up with any of themplaying cops and robbers in my back garden. I don't feel like they are realfriends. I haven't kicked them in the shins, stayed up all night on Santawatch with them, hung from trees pretending to be monkeys, played hotel,or laughed my heart out as their stomachs were pumped. It's kind of hard tobeat that."
Author: Cecelia Ahern
6. "The earth is an orbiting speck in incomprehensible vastness. The histories of our civilizations, our accomplishments and secrets, great good and evil—these are no more significant than the single twinkle of a star. Perhaps, this is why we try to outshine the heavens with our cities and make theatrical events of our simple lives."
Author: Christopher Hawke
7. "The fragility of love is what is most at stake here—humanity's most crucial three-word avowal is often uttered only to find itself suddenly embarrassing or orphaned or isolated or ill-timed—but strangely enough it can work better as a literal or reassuring statement than a transcendent or numinous or ecstatic one."
Author: Christopher Hitchens
8. "I tell her she's beautiful and perfect and she's going to be okay. I tell her she doesn't need to change herself to fit in with shallow girls or to matter to someone. I tell her everything I wish I had ever known. I tell her I love her, and I realize as I say it that I love me, too."
Author: Cristin Terrill
9. "I think that a good mountaineer is usually a sensible mountaineer."
Author: Edmund Hillary
10. "And so the German spirit, carousing in music, in wonderful creations of sound, and wonderful beauties of feeling and mood that were never pressed home to reality, has left the greater part of its gifts to decay. None of us intellectuals is at home in reality. We are strange to it and hostile.Assiduous and busy, care-ridden and light-hearted, intelligent and yet thoughtless, these butterflies lived a life at once childlike and raffiné; independent, not to be bought by every one, finding their account in good luck and fine weather, in love with life and yet clinging to it far less than the bourgeois, always ready to follow a fairy prince to his castle, always certain, though scarcely conscious of it, that a difficult and sad end was in store for them."
Author: Hermann Hesse
11. "I had always insisted that a good education was a synthesis of book learning and involvement in social action, that each enriched the other. I wanted my students to know that the accumulation of knowledge, while fascinating in itself, is not sufficient as long as so many people in the world have no opportunity to experience that fascination."
Author: Howard Zinn
12. "Ladies, get confident about yourselves, build up your self-worth and esteem, love yourself and be proud of your achievements and your man will adore you for life."
Author: Jaachynma N.E. Agu
13. "From every bad thing that happens, another good thing happens; from every good thing that happens, a bad thing happens."
Author: Janice Liang
14. "I'll probably stick to comedy for the time being. I mean, a great piece of work is a great piece of work, and I'm up for good work anytime. But I do love comedy!"
Author: Jenna Elfman
15. "If the world is to be healed through human efforts, I am convinced it will be by ordinary people, people whose love for this life is even greater than their fear."
Author: Joanna R. Macy
16. "It's okay to kiss people when you love them.""I don't love your mother," I tell her. "Not like that, anyway.""You give her all your french fries, even when she won't give you back onion rings," Sophie says. "And when you say her name it sounds different.""How?"Sophie thinks. "Like it's covered in blankets.""I do not say your mother's name like it's covered in blankets. And I don't always give her my french fries, because you're right, she doesn't share.""But you still don't yell at her when she's not being fair," Sophie points out. "Because you don't want to hurt her feelings." She slips her hand into mine and repeats, "You love her."
Author: Jodi Picoult
17. "I could no more love a man of the sword than either of our mothers. So, tell me, Stryder. How do we get out of this? (Rowena)I don't know. Murder? (Stryder)"
Author: Kinley MacGregor
18. "I love the sounds of Latin jazz, R&B, hip-hop, alternative, all that stuff. I'm a radio kid."
Author: Mario Vazquez
19. "I watched Someone to Watch Over Me the other night. I thought it was a really good movie. It's a great movie."
Author: Ridley Scott
20. "After a while I understood that, talking this way, everything dissolves: justice, pine, hair, woman, you and I. There was a woman I made love to and I remembered how, holding her small shoulders in my hands sometimes, I felt a violent wonder at her presence like a thirst for salt, for my childhood river with its island willows, silly music from the pleasure boat, muddy places where we caught the little orange-silver fish called pumpkinseed. It hardly had to do with her. Longing, we say, because desire is full of endless distances."
Author: Robert Hass
21. "Aunts offer kids an opportunity to try out ideas that don't chime with their parents and they also demonstrate that people can get on, love each other and live together without necessarily being carbon copies."
Author: Sara Sheridan
22. "Passion paralyzes good taste."
Author: Susan Sontag
Quotes About Good Luck And Love Pictures