Famous Quotes About Good Luck
Browse 303 famous quotes and sayings about Good Luck.
Top Quotes About Good Luck
51. "Goodbye my almost lover, goodbye my hopeless dream, I'm tryin not to think about you, Can't you just let me be? So long, my luckless romance, my back is turned on you, should've known you'd bring me heartbreak, almost lovers always do"
Author: A Fine Frenzy
52. "Therefore, since the world has stillMuch good, but much less good than ill,And while the sun and moon endureLuck's a chance, but trouble's sure,I'd face it as a wise man would,And train for ill and not for good."
Author: A.E. Housman
53. "Luck is everything... My good luck in life was to be a really frightened person. I'm fortunate to be a coward, to have a low threshold of fear, because a hero couldn't make a good suspense film."
Author: Alfred Hitchcock
54. "Fern's never had very good luck with animals. She smothers them with affection and care and they thank her by croaking. Fern hasn't figured out how to play hard to get."
Author: Amy Harmon
55. "My parents couldn't give me a whole lot of financial support, but they gave me good genes. My dad is a handsome son-of-a-gun, and my mom is beautiful. And I've definitely been the lucky recipient. So, thank you, Mom and Dad."
Author: Ashton Kutcher
56. "I went through a period at boarding school when my coaches wanted me to switch to snowboarding because they thought I was no good at skiing. I was too skinny. I had terrible technique. They were saying I should be a snowboarder, and luckily, I resisted."
Author: Bode Miller
57. "I'd rather be good than lucky."
Author: Brian Bosworth
58. "Without warning, Packard reaches out--I think he's going to touch my cheek, but he slides his hand around the nape of my neck and pulls me to him, kissing me warm and strong, lips soft, breath like coffee. The kiss takes me by surprise. My whole body wants to follow deeper into him, but he pulls away, and we're looking into each other's eyes, and the moment stops. And everything seems to fall out beneath me."Good luck," he whispers."Packard--"He opens the door. "It's okay."I stare at the open door. It feels like a closed door. And I leave."
Author: Carolyn Crane
59. "You are not welcome here.""You said that the first time you kicked me out. [...] Then [...] I thought to myself, 'what a great hospital. I bet they could use a million dollars.' Guess what? They did!" [...]"I am still his mother." [...]"Yeah? Good luck with that. I'm still rich."
Author: Dani Alexander
60. "Your extensive travels must have been fatiguing," Zakath said in that same flat tone, "particularly for the ladies. I'll see to it that your return journey to Mal Zeth is made in easy stages." "Your Majesty is very kind, but we're not going back to Mal Zeth.""You're wrong, Belgarion. You are going back to Mal Zeth.""Sorry, I've got a pressing engagement elsewhere.""I'll convey your regrets to Zandramas when I see her.""I'm sure she'd be overjoyed to hear that I'm not coming.""Not for very long, she won't. I fully intent to have her burned as a witch.""Good luck, your Majesty, but I don't think you'll find that she's very combustible."
Author: David Eddings
61. "Good luck is opportunity meeting preparedness."
Author: Deepak Chopra
62. "I think I had really good parents. I got really lucky. They said, 'You're a woman; enjoy yourself and believe that you can do things.'"
Author: Emily Ratajkowski
63. "Okay, Fine. I'm glad you didn't drown. Sort of. Good luck with whatever it is you're doing out here."
Author: Frankie Rose
64. "The first rule of discovery is to have brains and good luck. The second rule of discovery is to sit tight and wait till you get a bright idea."
Author: George Pólya
65. "To lead a blameless life you must curb your passions , and whatever misfortune may befall you cannot be ascribed by anyone to want of good luck, or attributed to fate; these words are devoid of sense, and all fault will rightly fall on your own head."
Author: Giacomo Casanova
66. "I haven't done a marathon for a long time. So we'll see. I will need good luck."
Author: Haile Gebrselassie
67. "Neighbors bring food with death and flowers with sickness and little things in between. Boo was our neighbor. He gave us two soap dolls, a broken watch and chain, a pair of good-luck pennies, and our lives. But neighbors give in return. We never put back into the tree what we took out of it: we had given him nothing, and it made me sad."
Author: Harper Lee
68. "And so the German spirit, carousing in music, in wonderful creations of sound, and wonderful beauties of feeling and mood that were never pressed home to reality, has left the greater part of its gifts to decay. None of us intellectuals is at home in reality. We are strange to it and hostile.Assiduous and busy, care-ridden and light-hearted, intelligent and yet thoughtless, these butterflies lived a life at once childlike and raffiné; independent, not to be bought by every one, finding their account in good luck and fine weather, in love with life and yet clinging to it far less than the bourgeois, always ready to follow a fairy prince to his castle, always certain, though scarcely conscious of it, that a difficult and sad end was in store for them."
Author: Hermann Hesse
69. "KNOW YOUR DOPE FIEND. YOUR LIFE MAY DEPEND ON IT! You will not be able to see his eyes because of the Tea-Shades, but his knuckles will be white from inner tension and his pants will be crusted with semen from constantly jacking off when he can't find a rape victim. He will stagger and babble when questioned. He will not respect your badge. The Dope Fiend fears nothing. He will attack, for no reason, with every weapon at his command-including yours. BEWARE. Any officer apprehending a suspected marijuana addict should use all necessary force immediately. One stitch in time (on him) will usually save nine on you. Good luck.-The Chief"
Author: Hunter S. Thompson
70. "Good music always defeats bad luck."
Author: Jack Vance
71. "Some men are born to good luck: all they do or try to do comes right—all that falls to them is so much gain—all their geese are swans—all their cards are trumps—toss them which way you will, they will always, like poor puss, alight upon their legs, and only move on so much the faster. The world may very likely not always think of them as they think of themselves, but what care they for the world? what can it know about the matter?"
Author: Jacob Grimm
72. "Speaking of tired, I'm exhausted," I breathed. "I'm gonna head to bed, Baby." I looked to everyone else. "Good night, guys.""Night, Sis," Jim said.Travis' brothers all bid me goodnight, and I headed up the stairs."I'm gonna turn in, too," I heard Travis say."I bet you are," Trenton teased."Lucky bastard," Tyler grumbled."Hey. We're not going to talk about your sister like that," Jim warned."
Author: Jamie McGuire
73. "Good luck and welcome to the Drupal community!"
Author: John K. VanDyk
74. "That girl will rain destruction down on you and your ship. She is an albatross, Captain. Way I remember it, albatross was a ship's good luck, 'til some idiot killed it. (to Inara) Yes, I've read a poem. Try not to faint."
Author: Joss Whedon
75. "Yeah yeah," h said. "I waited. She was decent. Although technically, she's still naked.""You're sch a perv," she turned on to me. "Okay, kitty. Lead on. We'll try to keep up.""Yeah,good luck with that," Rafe said. "If she runs, we're history."
Author: Kelley Armstrong
76. "This needs fixing, and I am the one who is going to fix it. I'm okay with that."Arianna nodded. "But how? What are you going to do?""I have some ideas. But first I need something in my stomach before I fall over. So let's go eat and plot and then save the world."David sighed, looking thoughtful."What's up, Dad?" Lend asked."I'm trying to figure out if there's any way I can lock you two in your rooms. I don't think a simple grounding will do it."Raquel laughed. "Good luck trying to force Evie to do anything else once she has made up her mind. She is the definition of a stubborn, headstrong teenager.""And you love me for it.""I do." She hugged me, the spontaneity of the gesture surprising me. Even Lend's expression softened slightly toward her."
Author: Kiersten White
77. "I dunno." She sat on the bench and hugged the robe like a pillow. "I still think that Brett guy is cute.""Good luck getting him away from Bekka." Cleo gathered her silky black hair into a high pony and pink-dabbed Smith's Rosebud Salve on her lips. "She's got more grip than Crazy Glue.""More cling than Saran Wrap," Lala added."More hold than Final Net." Cleo giggled."More possession than The Exorcist," Lala managed."More clench than butt cheeks," Blue chimed in."More competition than American Idol," Frankie stuck out her chest and showed them her diva booty roll.The girls burst out laughing."Nice!" Blue lifted her purple gloved hand.Frankie slapped it without a single spark."I hate to be a downer..." Claudine shuffled back into the conversation wearing her slippers and robe. "But that girl will destroy you if she catches you with Brett.""I'm not worried," Frankie tossed her hair back. "I've seen all the teen movies, and the nice girl gets the boy in the end."
Author: Lisi Harrison
78. "So it's not really $100 a shot because it goes on all day, from the start when you wake up and feel her body next to you, and you don't miss a thing, not a thing of what's next to you, her arm, her leg, her shoulder, her face, that good skin, I have felt other good skin, but this skin is just the edge of something else, and you're going to start going, and no matter how much you crawl all over each other it won't be enough, and when your hunger dies down a little then you think how much you love her and that starts you off again, and her face, you look over at her face and can't believe how you got there and how lucky and it's still all a surprise and it never stops, even after it's over, it never stops being a surprise."
Author: Lydia Davis
79. "I now believe that there's only a certain amount of good luck in the world, and so if something good happens to me, that means something bad has to happen to somebody, somewhere."
Author: Marshall Brickman
80. "Why would you tell us the truth? If Christina really wasn't here, you'd tell us she was, to stall us from finding her. If James taught us one thing, it's how to detect a lie. You just want us to leave so you can get her to talk. By the way, good luck with that -- Ida can't even get her to admit that she stole her cousin's candy at Halloween last year. And that was pretty obvious."
Author: Maya Bode
81. "As we left they told us the old joke. "To start a journey in a sandstorm is good luck."
Author: Michael Ondaatje
82. "Tis oft I wonder, which way I should goAt times the long road also reaches my goalThe dangers are less, wonders are moreThe difference often to open another doorI sit by the window watching travelers go pastWondering for some if their good luck will lastWhether you roll the dice or draw a cardThe decision decides if it is easy or hardMy bags now pack the time comes to goI open the door, my own private portal"
Author: Neil Leckman
83. "I suppose [my life] has most resembled a blue chip stock: fairly stable, more ups than downs, and gradually trending upward over time. A good buy, a lucky buy, and I've learned that not everyone can say that about his life."
Author: Nicholas Sparks
84. "Boy needs to get a good night's sleep. Otherwise, he'll be lucky to get accepted at SUNY-So Far Upstate You Might As Well Be In Canada, eh?"
Author: Rachel Cohn
85. "I don't tell you this story today in order to encourage all of you in the class of '04 to find careers in the music business, but rather to suggest what the next decade of your lives is likely to be about, and that is, trying to ensure that you don't wake up at 32 or 35 or 40 tenured to a life that happened to you when you weren't paying strict attention, either because the money was good, or it made your parents proud, or because you were unlucky enough to discover an aptitude for the very thing that bores you to tears, or for any of the other semi-valid reasons people marshal to justify allowing the true passion of their lives to leak away. If you're lucky, you may have more than one chance to get things right, but second and third chances, like second and third marriages, can be dicey propositions, and they don't come with guarantees.... The question then is this: How does a person keep from living the wrong life?"
Author: Richard Russo
86. "I have it on good authority that Victor's going to have car trouble. Also that Robert really likes Cheerios, so if you want some, you're out of luck. He doesn't seem like the sharing type."
Author: Richelle Mead
87. "PERCY ALREADY FELT LIKE THE lamest demigod in the history of lame. The purse was the final insult. They'd left R.O.F.L. in a hurry, so maybe Iris hadn't meant the bag as a criticism. She'd quickly stuffed it with vitamin-enriched pastries, dried fruit leather, macrobiotic beef jerky, and a few crystals for good luck. Then she'd shoved it at Percy: Here, you'll need this. Oh, that looks good. The purse—sorry, masculine accessory bag—was rainbow tie-dyed with a peace symbol stitched in wooden beads and the slogan Hug the Whole World. Percy wished it said Hug the Commode. He felt like the bag was a comment on his massive, incredible uselessness. As they sailed north, he put the man satchel as far away from him as he could, but the boat was small."
Author: Rick Riordan
88. "Oh," Piper said. "This isn't good." "Why?" Leo asked. "It's bad luck to be here," Jason said. "This is the battle site." Leo scowled. "What battle?" Piper raised her eyebrows. "How can you not know about it? The other campers talk about this place all the time." "Been a little busy," Leo said. He tried not to feel bitter about it, but he'd missed out on a lot of regular camp stuff—the trireme fights, the chariot races, flirting with the girls. That was the worst part. Leo finally had an "in" with the hottest girls at camp, since Piper was the senior counselor for Aphrodite cabin, and he was too busy for her to fix him up. Sad."
Author: Rick Riordan
89. "I think I just said it, but I think it's worth repeating. They gave me hope that there is good in the world out there. There really is. It really does exist. Regardless of how bad things can be, and how down on your luck you can be, or how bad your trust is broken when it comes to warming up to people and all that stuff, I know that there's people out there that genuinely wanna help. Putting yourself in that position is a huge step, and it's a very risky and fragile step, but it's also a step that needs to be taken because there is help. And you can get through something like this. You really can. - Jim, from "To the Survivors"
Author: Robert Uttaro
90. "I think I'm an actor. You can hire me. I can do a good job. But you also have to get lucky now and then. Every film-maker knows how hard it is to do a good film. You have to just make many, and see how lucky you get."
Author: Rutger Hauer
91. "...people get hurt in rumbles, maybe killed. I'm sick of it because it doesn't do any good. You can't win...even if you whip us. You'll still be where you were before- at the bottom. And we'll still be the lucky ones with all the breaks. So it doesn't do any good, the fighting and the killing. It doesn't prove a thing."
Author: S.E. Hinton
92. "If you have two friends in your lifetime, you're lucky. If you have one good friend, you're more than lucky."
Author: S.E. Hinton
93. "Today, i learned something. "Good luck and bad luck are strands of the same rope." This expression has deep meaning -turtleBasically, it means that good things and bad things are often interwined, like strands of a rope. You can have one without the other. So even if something bad happens, it's nothing to get worried about. Because life will provide the balance. -Ootake"
Author: Sakura Tsukuba
94. "I put my alligator tooth down the rubbish pipe. I heard it fall down to the bottom and disappear. It was an offering for the volcano god. It was a present for God himself. If I gave him my best good luck then he'd save us from all the bad things, the sickness and chooking and dead babies, he'd bring us all back together again. He'd have to or it wouldn't be fair. It was a good swap, nobody could say it wasn't. I knew it would work. Thank you pigeon for showing me the right star."
Author: Stephen Kelman
95. "God grant me to SERENITY to accept what I cannot change the TENACITY to change what I may and the GOOD LUCK not to f*** up too often"
Author: Stephen King
96. "A man with a good wife is the luckiest of God's creatures..."
Author: Stephen King
97. "Our life is composed of events and states of mind. How ewe appraise our life from our deathbed will be predicated not only on what came to us in life but how we lived with it. It will not be simply illness or health, riches or poverty, good luck or bad, which ultimately define whether we believe we have had a good life or not, but the quality of our relationship to these situations: the attitudes of our states of mind. (34)"
Author: Stephen Levine
98. "If you want good luck; you must go out there and search for that luck!! Because luck is waiting for you to look for it."
Author: Temitope Owosela
99. "HOROSCOPE:Today is a good time for making new friends. A good deed may have unforeseen consequences. Don't upset any druids. You will soon be going on a very strange journey. Your lucky food is small cucumbers. People pointing knives at you are probably up to no good. PS, we really mean it about the druids."
Author: Terry Pratchett
100. "And as a general rule, which may make all creditors who are inclined to be severe pretty comfortable in their minds, no men embarrassed are altogether honest, very likely. They conceal something; they exaggerate chances of good luck; hide away the reals state of affairs; say that things are flourishing when they are hopeless; keep a smiling face (a dreary smile it is) upon the verge of bankruptcy--are ready to lay hold of any pretext for delay, or of any money, so as to stave off the inevitable ruin a few days longer."
Author: William Makepeace Thackeray
Quotes About Good Luck Pictures