Famous Quotes About Good Luck
Browse 303 famous quotes and sayings about Good Luck.
Top Quotes About Good Luck
151. "Kerahkan semua kemampuan kalian belajar! Berikan yang terbaik! Baru setelah segala usaha disempurnakan berdoalah dan bertawakkal lah. Tugas kita hanya sampai usaha dan doa, serahkan kepada Tuhan selebihnya, ikhlaskan keputusan kepadaNya, sehingga kita tidak akan pernah stres dalam hidup ini. Stres hanya bagi orang yang berlum berusaha dan tawakal. Ma'annajah, good luck."
Author: Ahmad Fuadi
152. "When one has once had the good luck to love intensely, life is spent in trying to recapture that ardor and that illumination. Forsakingbeauty and the sensual happiness attached to it, exclusively servingmisfortune, calls for a nobility I lack. But, after all, nothing is true that forces one to exclude."
Author: Albert Camus
153. "Jessica Alba. I have the biggest crush on her, I can't even tell you. I met her in Vancouver when she was filming 'Good Luck Chuck.'"
Author: Alexander Ludwig
154. "It wasn't like I felt I was on a wave. It was just so easy. It is only afterwards that I thought I really had a bit of good luck going on there with Yazoo."
Author: Alison Moyet
155. "Neon sign in red letters EXIT TO HELL…A walks under the arch….she seems not to notice where she is going….Just as the angels are preparing to carry the arch away B makes a desperate dash at it and dives through. Everything blacks out… What happens when you start the downward trip?...Of course there isn't a hope of ever getting out again into the light. Once you're on your way down, the machinery takes charge of you, you're caught, trapped, finished for good and all…you might just as well give in and pluck the cruel thorn of hope out of your heart."
Author: Anna Kavan
156. "People are famous for being famous and for nothing else. And good luck to them, because it lasts about a year and then they're nothing again."
Author: Brian Johnson
157. "So it is written - but so, too, it is crossed out. You can write it over again. You can make notes in the margins. You can cut out the whole page. You can, and you must, edit and rewrite and reshape and pull out the wrong parts like bones and find just the thing and you can forever, forever, write more and more and more, thicker and longer and clearer. Living is a paragraph, constantly rewritten. It is Grown-Up Magic. Children are heartless; their parents hold them still, squirming and shouting, until a heart can get going in their little lawless wilderness. Teenagers crash their hearts into every hard and thrilling thing to see what will give and what will hold. And Grown-Ups, when they are very good, when they are very lucky, and very brave, and their wishes are sharp as scissors, when they are in the fullness of their strength, use their hearts to start their story over again."
Author: Catherynne M. Valente
158. "Dear God,""It should be illegal for smug vampires to look that good," Lindsey said, clucking her tongue. "That is so true," I agreed, thinking a little less hotness would make my relationship with Ethan a lot simpler."
Author: Chloe Neill
159. "I have a musical called Goodbye and Good Luck, based on a Grace Paley short story. I also have King Island Christmas, and there are 20 different productions of it this year."
Author: David Friedman
160. "I didn't cry. And if you think I did, good luck proving it, asshole."
Author: David Wong
161. "Hazel: Listen babe you have to search for your luck it's nice if it just falls in your lap but I look for my lucky pennies. ... Maggie: What do you do with all your pennies Hazel: I give them away. It's good to spread your luck around and it always comes back to you."
Author: Fannie Flagg
162. "Are you going to suggest I kiss you for good luck or strength or whatever it is your sex demon needs?" - WilliamThat earned the warrior a two-fingered salute."So that's a no?" William asked.Paris worked his jaw. "Here, let me help you off the cliff to the drawbridge." With no more warning, he shoved William over the ledge. He thought he heard a fading, "So not cool," from the bastard as he fell...fell..Splat.Paris worked"
Author: Gena Showalter
163. "He says that it is good luck to rub the head of a dwarf - Haldon said after an exchange with the guard in his own tongue. Tyrion forced himself to smile at the man. Tell him that it is even better luck to suck on a dwarf's cock."
Author: George R.R. Martin
164. "Jon Snow, is this a proper castle now? Not just a tower?""It is." Jon took her hand."Good," she whispered. "I wanted t' see one proper castle, before … before I …""You'll see hundred castles. The battle's done. Maester Aemon will see to you. You're kissed by fire, remember? Lucky. It will take more than an arrow to kill you. Aemon will draw it out and patch you up, and we'll get milk of the poppy for the pain."She just smiled at that. "D'you remember that cave? We should have stayed in that cave. I told you so.""We'll go back to the cave," he said." You're not going to die, Ygritte. You're not.""Oh." Ygritte cupped his cheek with her hand. "You know nothing, Jon Snow," she sighed, dying."
Author: George R.R. Martin
165. "I feel really lucky to come home to a place that is so beautiful. sometimes it's sad to leave and go out on the road, missing everything that happens here - but honestly, it's nice to miss the things that you love once in a while. so you never forget to appreciate it. hopefully, i can say this without sounding like a preacher but... remember to enjoy EVERYTHING. the things that feel good, the things that hurt, rejection, acceptance.. it's all going to make you better. stronger. and more like yourself. every once in a while i get a reminder of how much i'm okay with just being me. i know that sounds ridiculous. cause i'm in this band. we're lucky. we got successful. but who i am is still this nerdy, silly, flamethrower of a person. and it took me 20 years to see that and get it and love it."
Author: Hayley Williams
166. "I don't think I really have any wisdom. Stay out of trouble. Good luck. Stay away from women because they will burn you, haha."
Author: Jason Aldean
167. "They had to pretend because our high-ranking politician knew not a word of English (well, when he said goodbye he did risk a "Good luck") and the high-ranking British politician knew not a word of Spanish (although she did say "Buen d?a" to me as she gave me an iron handshake). So while the former was mumbling gibberish in Spanish, inaudible to cameras and photographers, all the time keeping a broad smile trained on his guest, as if he were regaling her with interesting banter (what he said was not, however, inaudible to me: I seem to remember that he kept repeating "One, two, three, four, five, what a lovely time we're going to have"). The latter was muttering nonsense in her own language, and smiling even more broadly than him ("Cheese," she kept saying, which is what all English people being photographed are told to say, and then various untranslatable onomatopoeic words such as "Tweedle tweedle, biddle diddle, twit and fiddle, tweedle twang")."
Author: Javier Marías
168. "Mallory dropped her head to the steering wheel. "Look, I'm mad at you, okay? This isn't about me. I know my painful memories are relative. My life is good. I'm lucky. This isn't about how poor little Mallory has had it so hard. I'm not falling apart or anything."He stroked a hand down her back. "Of course you're not. You're just holding the steering wheel up with your head for a minute, that's all."
Author: Jill Shalvis
169. "I give as much as I can, and it's up to someone else to turn it into a movie. Good luck to you!"
Author: John C. Reilly
170. "Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck."
Author: Joseph Heller
171. "It happened all the time. Maybe someone had a legitimate gripe that deserved airing. Maybe someone had a compliment that shouldn't go unspoken. No one said a thing. So long and stay in touch, that's usually all we said. Take care of yourself, good luck. We said nothing about affection, appreciation, admiration."
Author: Joshua Ferris
172. "Velvet looks horrified. "If you are fool enough to address King R'jan, you will do it thus and in no other manner! ‘My King, Liege, Lord, and Master, your servant begs you grant it leave to speak.'""Wow. Totally delusionary there.""Good luck with that," Ryodan says. "She doesn't beg to speak, or do anything else. You can lock her up, down, and sideways and it's never going to happen."I beam at him. I had no idea he thought so highly of me."
Author: Karen Marie Moning
173. "Ting. Tingle, tingle, tremble toes,She's a good fisherman, catches hens, puts ‘em inna pensWire blier, limber lock, three geese inna flockOne flew east, one flew westOne flew over the cuckoo's nestO-U-T- spells out… goose swoops down and plucks you out."
Author: Ken Kesey
174. "Inspiration is one thing and you can't control it, but hard work is what keeps the ship moving. Good luck means, work hard. Keep up the good work."
Author: Kevin Eubanks
175. "Afghans cherish custom but abhor rules. And so it was with kite fighting. The rules were simple: No rules. Fly your kite. Cut the opponents. Good luck."
Author: Khaled Hosseini
176. "Good luck trying to force Evie to do anything else once she has made up her mind. She is the definition of a stubborn, headstrong teenager.""And you love me for it.""I do."
Author: Kiersten White
177. "Can't hear… call back… good luck…""Nïx, I know you're faking the static." She could picture her sister blowing into her fist directly at the receiver. The static abruptly stopped. "Why?""It seemed less rude than the alternative.""What's that?"Click."
Author: Kresley Cole
178. "It must be nice to be so strong and to think it's because you're so good, that you live right and eat right, so you deserve your health and happiness. But there is such a thing as luck, and there's more bad luck than good in this world."
Author: Laura Lippman
179. "Was it mad to at least try to live as one wished, or as clost to it as possible? This life is mine, seh would think sometimes. This life is mine because of good luck. And because I reached out and took it.-Cora"
Author: Laura Moriarty
180. "Well, anyway, good luck tonight. That's all I really wanted to say. Go back to bed. Get your beauty rest. Not that you'll need it."
Author: M. Leighton
181. "Everyone has to find their own way, it's just that I don't want to go that way myself. If a band likes being on a major and feels happy there, good luck to them."
Author: Malcolm Wilson
182. "Sure, they say, we may not live in a condition of perfect Goodness. But we're lucky that we don't live in a condition of Evil. Our democracy is not perfect. But it's better than the bloody dictatorships. Capitalism is unjust. But it's not criminal like Stalinism. We let millions of Africans die of AIDS, but we don't make racist nationalist declarations like Milosevic. We kill Iraqis with our airplanes, but we don't cut their throats with machetes like they do in Rwanda, etc."
Author: Mark Fisher
183. "A broken mirror means good luck if you want it to."
Author: Marty Rubin
184. "I think he painted the way he did," I answered, "because he had something perfect with Diana."I braced myself for her next scathing insight and nearly fell over when she reached out to pat my hand. Her wedding ring was a heavy,hammered gold band that could probably pound nails."Nothing but the occasional espresso is perfect," she said, not unkindly. "Let me share some wisdom, Willing Girl. Relationships are like Whack-a-Mole. You squash one annoying deformity and another one pops up in no time."Not your classic sentiment, there. Or a particularly heartening one. It seemed well meant, though, so I figured it might be a good time to inform her, "Um, my name....is Ella. Marino.""Oh,I know who you are, Miss Marino," she shot back. "Shall I mention again that the Willing Foundation doesn't?""No,Dr. Rothaus," I said meekly. "No need.""Excellent." Dr. Rothaus headed for the door. "You may call me Maxine. Good luck finding something I haven't. And don't cry on the materials."
Author: Melissa Jensen
185. "I have a very good life - I'm lucky enough not to be deprived."
Author: Meryl Streep
186. "I'll give you something to cry about!! Hell, no need to get up I'm doing a good job of bawling my eyes out now. It could be that having one of the spokes from my ten speed pierce my thigh depressed me because now that tire will wobble. "Have you learned your lesson?" "Cry sooner because you'll stop quicker?" **SMACK** "Can I go for best three out of five?" ** SMACK** **SMACK** "I'm only beating you because I care!!" "Lucky me, I couldn't have been raised by a heartless bitch?" **SMACK!!** "I think I'm beginning to feel the love now…"
Author: Neil Leckman
187. "Cricket is just something that I am good at, just like various people are good at various things. What's lucky is that cricket gets enormous publicity."
Author: Rahul Dravid
188. "But give thanks, at least, that you still have Frost's poems; and when you feel the need of solitude, retreat to the companionship of moon, water, hills and trees. Retreat, he reminds us, should not be confused with escape. And take these poems along for good luck!"
Author: Robert Graves
189. "Exceptional estimable, good, nice, dear people they all were but they all, unluckily, kept asking me about the new novel, and that was excrutiating."
Author: Robert Walser
190. "Writing is such an industry now. In many ways, that's a good thing, in that it removes all the muse-like mystique and makes it a plain old job, accessible to everyone. But with industry comes jargon. I was aware that jargon was starting to fill those growing shelves of Writer's Self Help books, not to mention the blogosphere. Wherever I looked, the writing of a script was being reduced to A, B, C plots, Text and Subtext, Three Act Structure and blah, blah, blah. And I'd think, that's not what writing is! Writing's inside your head! It's thinking! It's every hour of the day, every day of your life, a constant storm of pictures and voices and sometimes, if you're very, very lucky, insight."
Author: Russell T. Davies
191. "« What about tonight's show?"Griffin immediately remembered where he was. "Fuck!" His eyes bored into mine. "You know our songs. You play for me.""I can barely strum a guitar!"Griffin patted me on the back as he walked past me. "You'll do fine. Good luck!"I watched him walk away, wondering if I'd really just become the replacement bassist for the D-Bags »"
Author: S.C. Stephens
192. "But she was the only woman--the only one in the entire world--Terrible loved... If she lost that, she'd lose what made her special. She'd be happy, yes. She'd find some other man eventually, probably, and maybe he'd be good enough. She'd look different, act different. Be different. She would never again feel that, though, the feeling of being the most special woman in the entire world, of knowing no one else could possibly be as happy as she was because they honestly didn't know how lucky they were, how truly and amazingly lucky. Because they didn't feel like they'd been lost their entire lives and they'd finally found home."
Author: Stacia Kane
193. "Explore. Train your conscious mind and your subconscious mind to start working for you by getting those great powers to move in a new direction. Start creating your own good luck today."
Author: Steve Backley
194. "Very well then, Ms. Ferrars. Good luck, and godspeed. Our world is in your hands."
Author: Tahereh Mafi
195. "Not many people have had as much bad luck as I have, but not many people have had as much good luck, either."
Author: Tig Notaro
196. "If you never take chances, then of course you won't get hurt. But that's what life is al about, kiddo. Living through the good and bad, and – with any luck – having battle scars that heal."- Pete to Taryn"
Author: Tina Reber
197. "It was hard to hear him, but she turned around, and when she faced him again he was smiling broadly. He pulled his glove off and held up three fingers, then kissed his palm and pressed it to the glass. She pressed her hand against his, and said, "Good luck."Shea skated off with a nod."Oh. My. God. Y'all disgust me. That was straight out of some sappy love story," Harper complained."
Author: Toni Aleo
198. "The view backward showed you all the twists and turns your life had taken, all the contingencies and chances, the random elements of good luck and bad luck that made up one person's existence."
Author: William Boyd
199. "The hidden and awful Wisdom which apportions the destinies of mankind is pleased so to humiliate and cast down the tender, good, and wise; and to set up the selfish, the foolish, or the wicked. Oh, be humble, my brother, in your prosperity! Be gentle with those who are less lucky, if not more deserving. Think, what right have you to be scornful, whose virtue is a deficiency of temptation, whose success may be a chance, whose rank may be an ancestor's accident, whose prosperity is very likely a satire."
Author: William Makepeace Thackeray
200. "Stay where you are, Amil" "We're supposed to be normal people.""Good luck with that," Amil muttered as Jeff got out and turned to help Nigel."
Author: Z.A. Maxfield
Quotes About Good Luck Pictures