Famous Quotes About Good Luck
Browse 303 famous quotes and sayings about Good Luck.
Top Quotes About Good Luck
251. "He went farther into the shadows to exchange his pants for the leather breeches. Too bad. When he emerged again, he looked pretty good even though it wasn't his style. And he was lucky there were no tights, after all. He tilted his head."You like it.""Shut up." I blushed. I hated vampire extrasensory perception. It wasn't fair that he could hear my heartbeat or smell my skin or what ever."Girls are so weird."Kieran snorted. "No kidding.""Please, you two were fighting ten minutes ago, and now you're the best of friends?" I said witheringly. "Guys are weird."
Author: Alyxandra Harvey
252. "I'm a really good cook. I bake a lot. I cook dinner most nights. I cook everything from Italian food to Mexican food. But if I'm going to some place and it's a potluck, I'm always the one to bring dessert!"
Author: Amanda Schull
253. "You sleep with a dream of summer weather,wake to the thrum of rain—roped down by rain.Nothing out there but drop-heavy feathers of grass and rainy air. The plastic table on the terracehas shed three legs on its way to the garden fence. The mountains have had the sense to disappear. It's the Celtic temperament—wind, then torrents, then remorse.Glory rising like a curtain over distant water.Old stonehouse, having steered us through the dark,docks in a pool of shadow all its own.That widening crack in the gloom is like good luck.Luck, which neither you nor tomorrow can depend on."
Author: Anne Stevenson
254. "The only good luck many great men ever had was being born with the ability and determination to overcome bad luck."
Author: Channing Pollock
255. "Ann, I love you. I hope my car starts. I hope the sink isn't plugged up. I'm glad I didn't fuck a groupie. I'm glad I'm not very good at getting into bed with strange females. I'm glad I'm an idiot. I'm glad I don't know anything. I'm glad I haven't been murdered. When I look at my hands and they are still on my wrists, I think to myself, I am lucky."
Author: Charles Bukowski
256. "A pitcher's got to be good and he's got to be lucky to get a no hit game."
Author: Cy Young
257. "Maybe good luck was like bad luck in that it took a while to sink in."
Author: Donna Tartt
258. "It can destroy an individual, or it can fulfill him, depending a good deal on luck. No one should come to New York to live unless he is willing to be lucky."
Author: E.B. White
259. "Good night, and good luck."
Author: Edward R. Murrow
260. "The man opposite, divided between anger and relief at the stripping away of his defenses, his nerves jangling, was taken utterly aback by the extraordinary beauty of Hilary's eyes without their glasses, by their keen, straight glance, by the enveloping warmth of his utterly happy yet rather deprecating smile. The immense power of his goodwill, together with his personal humility, made a sudden unexpected appeal that got right under Malony's guard before he knew where he was. He wasn't out to do you good, this chap - he didn't think enough of himself for that - he was simply out to jog along beside you for a little, and pass the time of day, knowing you were down on your luck, and thinking a bit of companionship might not come amiss."
Author: Elizabeth Goudge
261. "Please do it your own way.Do it in the mornings when your mind is coldDo it in the evenings when everything is sold.Do it in the springtime when springtime isn't thereDo it in the winterWe know winter wellDo it on very hot daysTry doing it in hell.Trade bed for a pencilTrade sorrow for a pageNo work it out your own wayHave good luck at your age."
Author: Ernest Hemingway
262. "He showed it to me with all the confiding zest of a man who has been living too much alone. This seclusion was overflowing now in an excess of confidence, and I had the good luck to be the recipient."
Author: H.G. Wells
263. "Okay, men," he said. "And women," said Chaser Angelina Johnson. "And women," Wood agreed. "This is it." "The big one," said Fred Weasley. "The one we've all been waiting for," said George. "We know Oliver's speech by heart," Fred told Harry, "we were on the team last year." "Shut up, you two," said Wood. "This is the best team Gryffindor's had in years. We're going to win. I know it." He glared at them all as if to say, "Or else." "Right. It's time. Good luck, all of you."
Author: J.K. Rowling
264. "Good luck is a residue of preparation."
Author: Jack Youngblood
265. "Frankly - and believe me, I say this without any pretense - when I see the road I've taken, I have to say that thanks to good luck, because without good luck one can do nothing, I've come out pretty well."
Author: James MacArthur
266. "Good luck is the willing handmaid of a upright and energetic character, and conscientious observance of duty."
Author: James Russell Lowell
267. "I decide that I like the idea of Liz as a dragon. One of my favorite storybooks was about goodluck dragons, how their arrival always means something wonderful lies ahead. If that's true, then, as far as I'm concerned, Liz can spit as much fire as she wants. And if I stand near enough to it, maybe I'll glow a little, too."
Author: Jen Violi
268. "Time is going really faster than you think,That second just passed now ,get up pack the bag , get lost... Good luck!"
Author: Jerril Thomas
269. "Life is full of luck, like getting dealt a good hand, or simply by being in the right place at the right time. Some people get luck handed to them, a second chance, a save. It can happen heroically, or by a simple coincidence , but there are those who don't get luck on a shiny platter, who end up in the wrong place at the wrong time, who don't get saved."
Author: Jessica Sorensen
270. "I've had the odd good luck of starting slowly and building gradually, something few writers are allowed anymore. As a result I've seen each of my books called the breakthrough. And each was, in its way."
Author: Jonathan Lethem
271. "Sensing that this stranger was not the dangerous kind, and being the caring, big-hearted dog that he had built his reputation on, Lucky decided that a good dose of tongue licking would put matters right. However, in a twist of bad timing, unluckily for Lucky, he landed his lick just as Felicity rolled over onto her back. So, instead of a friendly lick across the ears as he intended, Lucky's long slobbery, pink tongue made a trail from Felicity's chin to her cherry red lips and up to her forehead.‘AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGHHHH!"
Author: Kaal Kaczmarek
272. "Her's what I tell myself now. That it's vital to learn how to make the best of things. That there is no tenderness without bravery. That if things hadn't been so bad they could never have gotten so good. And that it's always better to have what you have than to get what you wanted. Except for this: Every now and then, when you are impossibly lucky you rise above yourself-and get both."
Author: Katherine Center
273. "She's my friend.""Good for you.""Just my luck," I said. "Finally meet my twin brother and, turns out, he's an ass."
Author: Kelley Armstrong
274. "Seoafin, Tonight, you marry The Drakkar. In the ancient tongue, this means The Dragon. Good luck, Sjofn"
Author: Kristen Ashley
275. "Another mistaken notion connected with the law of large numbers is the idea that an event is more or less likely to occur because it has or has not happened recently. The idea that the odds of an event with a fixed probability increase or decrease depending on recent occurrences of the event is called the gambler's fallacy. For example, if Kerrich landed, say, 44 heads in the first 100 tosses, the coin would not develop a bias towards the tails in order to catch up! That's what is at the root of such ideas as "her luck has run out" and "He is due." That does not happen. For what it's worth, a good streak doesn't jinx you, and a bad one, unfortunately , does not mean better luck is in store."
Author: Leonard Mlodinow
276. "A good heart is when a girl that you loved, a girl who has painedyou and chosen another instead, places in your hands the means to her own ruin. And you could tell it to everyone. But you keep silent, because you can do that, too, and a good heart would do that, a fine man, a man who truly loved her....Let her be lucky now."- A Good Heart."
Author: Margo Lanagan
277. "My success was due to good luck, hard work, and support and advice from friends and mentors. But most importantly, it depended on me to keep trying after I had failed."
Author: Mark Warner
278. "After another ten minutes, the gates of thievery would open just a crack, and Liesel Meminger would widen them a little further and squeeze through. ***TWO QUESTIONS***Would the gates shut behind her?Or would they have the goodwill to let her back out?As Liesel would discover, a good thief requires many things.Stealth. Nerve. Speed.More important than any of those things, however, was one final requirement.Luck.Actually.Forget the ten minutes.The gates open now."
Author: Markus Zusak
279. "I love you. I'm madly in love with you. Well, madly obviously, given I'm mad as a mudlark. But you saved my life. I'd be dead without you. And you're so good to me. And you love me too. How lucky is that? Amazing! Amazingly lucky. I can't live without you. You're my lucky charm."She felt a sudden desire to kill Justin's well-meaning friend."
Author: Meg Rosoff
280. "Every day a piano doesn't fall on my head is good luck."
Author: Meg Rosoff
281. "You're really good." That one got away from me. "Your drawing, I mean."He shrugged. "Not really. Besides, what difference does it make? It's not like I'm going to do anything with it. What's the point...?" He winced. "Jeez, I'm sorry.You're probably heading for MoMA via the Sorbonne and Bennington.""NYU if I'm really really lucky." I smiled, letting him off the hook. I still couldn't quite wrap my head around the fact that I was bantering with Alex Bainbridge. "After that, not a clue. You?""Yale,then Powel Law." No With Luck or I hope or even If all goes as decreed."Wow.It must be nice to be so certain in your path." I didn't mean to snound snide.I really didn't. "No starviing artistry in your future,that's for sure."Occasional stupid Mafia comments aside, Alex is no dummy. "It must be nice to be so certain in your convictions. No moral low road for you, that's for sure."I felt myself blushing, felt that Blood Surge of Humiliation beginning."
Author: Melissa Jensen
282. "Good luck, Mr. Gorsky"
Author: Neil Armstrong
283. "Francois Hollande is the president of the republic, he must be respected. I want to wish him good luck in the midst of these tests."
Author: Nicolas Sarkozy
284. "Playing good girls in the 30s was difficult, when the fad was to play bad girls. Actually I think playing bad girls is a bore; I have always had more luck with good girl roles because they require more from an actress."
Author: Olivia De Havilland
285. "She reminds him of every good day he's ever had. Every summer spent in fields of grass. Every sunrise. Every sunset. She tastes like dew and smells like light. And when she speaks, it's like someone slowly plucking the strings of a guitar, a sadly beautiful song starting to play, all his own. And he loves her."
286. "So doesn't that make the universe a giant lottery, then? you purchase a ticket when you're born. and it's all just random whether you get a good ticket or a bad ticket. it's all just luck. my head swirls on this, but then softer thoughts soothe, like a flatted third on a major chord. no, no, it's not all random, if it really was all random, the universe would abandon us completely. and the universe doesn't. it takes care of its most fragile creations in ways we can't see. like with the parents who adore you blindly. and the big sister who feels guilty for being human over you. and a little gravelly-voiced kid whose friends have left him over you. and even a pink-haired girl who carries your picture in her wallet. maybe it is a lottery, but the universe makes it all even out in the end. the universe takes care of all of its birds."
Author: R.J. Palacio
287. "I eat excellent bread, clean meat, good crisp veggies, organic fruits and nice wine and cheese. It is one of the things I am truly grateful for. I'm not kidding. You can't ask a single mother of three working two jobs for minimum wage to eat that way. I am lucky."
Author: Rachael Taylor
288. "Give me some good luck and throw me in the sea: ARABIC proverb"
Author: Radostin Chernev
289. "I've learnt that through life you just get on with it. You're going to meet a lot of dishonest people along the line and you say good luck to them. I hope they live in comfort. Then I start sticking more pins in their effigies."
Author: Roger Moore
290. "Good luck. Be safe. And if you can't be safe... be yourself."
Author: Sarah Beth Durst
291. "Oooohhh, I'm worried. You gonna kick my butt with your one good leg? (Josie)Good luck finding Drake's body. At least he won't have a problem getting hard for you. (Terri)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
292. "He thinks of that ocean house and wishes he were back in his former life or that one could take one moment and remain inside it like an egg inside its shell, instead of constantly being hurried into the future by good luck or bad."
Author: Stephen Dobyns
293. "Good luck is just bad luck with its hair combed."
Author: Stephen King
294. "So let's say my bad luck did crash the plane. What exactly are were you going to do about it?' 'Why is the plane crashing?' He was trying to hide a smile now. 'The piolets are passed out and drunk.' 'Easy. I'd fly the plane.' Of course. I pursed my lips and tried again. 'Both engines have exploded and we're falling in a death spiral towards the earth.' 'I'd wait till we were close enough to the ground, get a good grip on you, kick out the wall, and jump. Then, I'd run you back to the scene of the accident, and we'd stumble around like the two luckiest surviours in history.' I stared at him wordlessly. 'What?' He wispered." - Edward Cullen and Bella Swan, Eclipse"
Author: Stephenie Meyer
295. "Hey Wanda! Hey Ian!" Jamie was all grins, his messy hair bouncing as he moved..."Guess what? Jared was saying at lunch that he didn't think it was fair for you to have to move out of the room you were used to. He said we weren't being good hosts. He said you should move back in with me! Isn't that great? I asked him if I could tell you right away, and he said that was a good idea. He said you would be in here.""I'll bet he did," Ian murmured."So, what do you think, Wanda? We get to be roomies again!""But Jamie, where will Jared stay?""Wait - let me guess," Ian interrupted. "I bet he said the room was big enough for three. Am I right?" "Yeah. How did you know?""Lucky guess"..."Will you come back?" Jamie begged against my shoulder..."If that's what you want, Jamie. Okay.""Woo hoo!" Jamie crowed in my ear. "Cool! I'm gonna go tell Jared! I'll get you some food, too, okay?...You want something, Ian?""Sure, kid. I want you to tell Jared he's shameless."
Author: Stephenie Meyer
296. "Risk means 'shit happens' or 'good luck"
Author: Toba Beta
297. "I think the more avenues that open up when people want to publish, the better. Some of the authors that want to jump ship from the traditional houses and go on their own, you know what? Good luck. It's going to be a lot tougher than you think."
Author: Vince Flynn
298. "That's ally our life amounts to in the end: the aggregate of all the good luck and the bad luck you experience. Everything is explained by that simple formula."
Author: William Boyd
299. "Those that Hobgoblin call you and sweet Puck,You do their work, and they shall have good luck:Are not you he?''Thou speak'st aright;I am that merry wanderer of the night."
Author: William Shakespeare
300. "In my youth, it was my good luck to have a few good teachers, men and women, who came into my head and lit a match."
Author: Yann Martel
Quotes About Good Luck Pictures