Famous Quotes About Good Speeches
Browse 24 famous quotes and sayings about Good Speeches.
Top Quotes About Good Speeches
1. "The degree to which a person reflects or relates himself with his cherished guru in life measures the proportion of the personality traits, attributes and behavioral similarities that summarily exist between them on good and bad value terms equally."
Author: Anuj Somany
2. "It always helps to be a good programmer. It is important to like computers and to be able to think of things people would want to do with their computers."
Author: Bill Budge
3. "America enjoys the best health care in the world, but the best is no good if folks can't afford it, access it and doctor's can't provide it."
Author: Bill Frist
4. "Because knowledge is not for showing off. If I do good work, people should notice me."
Author: Chetan Bhagat
5. "Jerott, for God's sake! Are you doing this for a wager?' said Lymond, his patience gone at last. ‘What does anyone want out of life? What kind of freak do you suppose I am? I miss books and good verse and decent talk. I miss women, to speak to, not to rape; and children, and men creating things instead of destroying them. And from the time I wake until the time I find I can't go to sleep there is the void—the bloody void where there was no music today and none yesterday and no prospect of any tomorrow, or tomorrow, or next God-damned year."
Author: Dorothy Dunnett
6. "If you wish to glimpse inside a human soul and get to know a man, don't bother analyzing his ways of being silent, of talking, of weeping, of seeing how much he is moved by noble ideas; you will get better results if you just watch him laugh. If he laughs well, he's a good man."
Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
7. "Do you really suppose God cares whether a man comes to good or ill?""If He did not, He could not be good himself...""...Then He can't be so hard on us as the parsons say, even in the after-life?""He will give absolute justice, which is the only good thing. He will spare nothing to bring His children back to himself, their sole well-being, whether He achieve it here--or there."
Author: George MacDonald
8. "There are two good rules which ought to be written on every heart - never to believe anything bad about anybody unless you positively know it to be true; never to tell even that unless you feel that it is absolutely necessary, and that God is listening."
Author: Henry Van Dyke
9. "You are a good girl, and I have great pleasure in thinking you will be so happily settled. I have no doubt of your doing very well together. Your tempers are by no means unlike. You are each of you so complying, that nothing will ever be resolved on; so easy, that every servant will cheat you; and so generous, that you will always exceed your income."
Author: Jane Austen
10. "An inch of enchilada, as good as it is, is not even worth a centimeter of love."
Author: Jarod Kintz
11. "The Cynics emphasized that true happiness is not found in external advantages such as material luxury, political power, or good health. True happiness lies in not being dependent on such random and fleeting things. And because happiness does not consist in benefits of this kind, it is within everyone's reach. moreover, having once been attained, it can never be lost."
Author: Jostein Gaarder
12. "The Magi in my life have always surprised me. They have often been people I initially felt I had nothing in common with. Sometimes I didn't even like them. But they came bearing gifts. Of wisdom, or acceptance. One or two came to give me a kick in the pants...and some left as suddenly as they came. They returned to their respective homelands or continued on their own journeys. I miss some of them... But we all have to find our way toward what ever miracle awaits us. And to perform miracles, when it is in our power to do so. Maybe the most important question is: how do I serve the Magi for others? How generously do I give my gifts - and not just to the obvious recipients in my life? How far out of my way do go to recognize and pay homage to miracles? Not very far some days. But on good days, just far enough."
Author: Juliette Fay
13. "The big man shrugged, "I don't know. You're pretty good with the cards. Tell me what the odds are."[She] shifted her gaze to Michael, then back at Hollis. "This isn't a question of odds. Of all the men in the world, that woman chose you. If she's still out there, she's waiting for you. Staying alive any way she can until you find her. That's all that matters."Everybody waited for what Hollis would next say. "You're a real ball-buster, you know that? ...Let me pack a few things."
Author: Justin Cronin
14. "It (suicide) became a possibility like Maybe when I grow up, I will be dead. Life was a cake that looked good on the bakery shelf but turned to sawdust and salt when I ate it."
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
15. "We all need to start making some changes to how our families eat. Now, everyone loves a good Sunday dinner. Me included. And there's nothing wrong with that. The problem is when we eat Sunday dinner Monday through Saturday."
Author: Michelle Obama
16. "Well, damme, William, I am sorry: I am very sorry, indeed I am. But injustice is a rule of the service, as you know very well; and since you have to have a good deal of undeserved abuse, you might just as well have it from your friends."
Author: Patrick O'Brian
17. "More Americans own their home than ever before. Nearly 70 percent of American's are homeowners. So it is a good time for us to asses the positive impacts of homeownership on families, communities and on the nation's economy."
Author: Randy Neugebauer
18. "And I was mischievous. I was always into something. So when I got good attention from the singing, I knew that was probably where I needed to land."
Author: Reba McEntire
19. "You said you were bad for me.""I am, but I'm starting to wonder if you might be good for me."
Author: Sophie Oak
20. "For excellent health and a good skin color, I recommend that people sit next to a shady ultraviolet transmitting window when indoors."
Author: Steven Magee
21. "Justice is a social construct. It's well known that the physical universe isn't fair. Nevertheless, it's difficult to decide which is more provoking: good people suffering or evil people prospering."
Author: Susan Cartwright
22. "'The image of you putting a condom on a banana to teach me about gay sex is forever ingrained in my head.' 'Well, a good father teaches his son about the facts of life.' 'You didn't have to put the banana in your mouth,' I reminded him. He grinned without looking up. 'Bet that kept you from performing fellatio for quite a while.' 'Longer than you'll know.'"
Author: T.J. Klune
23. "I am sorry to say that sometimes matters of very small importance waste a good deal of precious time, by the long and repeated speeches and chicanery of gentlemen who will not wholly throw off the lawyer even in Congress."
Author: William Whipple
24. "You want to enjoy life, don't you? If you get your job done quickly and your job is fun, that's good isn't it? That's the purpose of life, partly. Your life is better."
Author: Yukihiro Matsumoto
Quotes About Good Speeches Pictures