Famous Quotes About Good
Browse 3000 famous quotes and sayings about Good.
Top Quotes About Good
1. "Why did you leave? Am I not good enough? Where did you go? When did it happen? ..Who are you?"
Author: Ade Santi
2. "Since God is the highest good, he would not allow any evil to exist in his works unless his omnipotence and goodness were such as to bring good even out of evil."
Author: Augustine Of Hippo
3. "Being good is something that one must choose over and over again, every day, throughout the day, for the rest of one's life," Asher said. "A day is made of a thousand decisions, most small, some huge. With each decision you have the chance to work toward light, or sink toward darkness."
Author: Cate Tiernan
4. "I am a practical girl, and a life is only so long. It should be spent in as much peace and good eating and good reading as possible and no undue excitement. That is all I am after."
Author: Catherynne M. Valente
5. "St. John," I said, "I think you are almost wicked to talk so. I am disposed to be as content as a queen, and you try to stir me up to restlessness! To what end?""To the end of turning to profit the talents which God has committed to your keeping; and of which He will surely one day demand a strict account. Jane, I shall watch you closely and anxiously—I warn you of that. And try to restrain the disproportionate fervour with which you throw yourself into commonplace home pleasures. Don't cling so tenaciously to ties of the flesh; save your constancy and ardour for an adequate cause; forbear to waste them on trite transient objects. Do you hear, Jane?""Yes; just as if you were speaking Greek. I feel I have adequate cause to be happy, and I will be happy. Goodbye!"
Author: Charlotte Brontë
6. "Nothing drives people crazier than seeing someone have a good fucking life."
Author: Chuck Palahniuk
7. "The end of all good music is to affect the soul."
Author: Claudio Monteverdi
8. "Return good for good; return evil with justice."
9. "Local economies are suffering as people spend more on fuel and less on consumer goods and travel."
Author: Dan Lipinski
10. "God saves us because He loves us. It has nothing to do with our goodness or nobility, our achievements or agility. Our salvation depends completely upon our Savior."
Author: Dillon Burroughs
11. "And I know someone who'sperfect for her. He works in my lab. He's smart. He's funny. His name is Bert."Bert?Is she fucking kidding me? What kind of sick son of a bitch names his kid Bert in this day andage? That's just cruel."He'll show Kate a good time. I plan on setting them up this weekend."And I plan on handcuffing myself to Kate's ankle and eating the key. Let's see what kind of goodtime Bert can show Kate when she's dragging me around behind her like a Siamese twin."
Author: Emma Chase
12. "I am trying to be a good person. I am trying to be myself, and if nobody likes me for me, that is their problem."
Author: Evan Rachel Wood
13. "I really wasn't even sure if I should continue acting. I would like try and figure out if I could be good enough to do it. It was like 10 or 12 years into my career before I felt like maybe I can do it. It was such a different time than now."
Author: Forest Whitaker
14. "I'm happy here, and why change when you love the club and the club's in a really good position right now."
Author: Frank Lampard
15. "I get it now. I have to make good on my promise. To let her go. To really let her go. To let us both go."
Author: Gayle Forman
16. "One wide-awake persistent enemy may be worth twenty friends. Friends point out all the good things you do. You know all about that. Your enemies point out your mistakes. Get yourself a first-class enemy, cultivate him, and when you achieve success thank him."
Author: Harold Hobbs
17. "Even if you succeed in study and business, if your nation collapses, then what good is it for?"
Author: Hirobumi Ito
18. "Let us toast to animal pleasures, to escapism, to rain on the roof and instant coffee, to unemployment insurance and library cards, to absinthe and good-hearted landlords, to music and warm bodies and contraceptives... and to the "good life", whatever it is and wherever it happens to be."
Author: Hunter S. Thompson
19. "Good times are a reminder and a reward for dealing with the difficult and challenging times we all go through. The trick is to celebrate the good times in advance of the difficult times. Always remember, good times await you after the difficult times pass…."
Author: James A. Murphy
20. "Good writing will bring you to places you don't even expect sometimes."
Author: James Gandolfini
21. "Good design is obvious. Great design is transparent."
Author: Joe Sparano
22. "Nobody trusts the industrial food system to give them good food."
Author: Joel Salatin
23. "A good man will expend any amount of energy to properly accomplish a task, only for the simple pleasure of putting his signature upon it" Johnny Flora"
Author: Johnny Flora
24. "It is true that legality is not morality, and sticking to the law is necessary for good citizenship, but it is not sufficient."
Author: Julian Baggini
25. "... so our customary practice of prayer was brought to mind: how through our ignorance and inexperience in the ways of love we spend so much time on petition. I saw that it is indeed more worthy of God and more truly pleasing to him that through his goodness we should pray with full confidence, and by his grace cling to him with real understanding and unshakeable love, than that we should go on making as many petitions as our souls are capable of."
Author: Julian Of Norwich
26. "I'm very good at forgetting people."
Author: Kristin Scott Thomas
27. "Stick a shovel into the ground almost anywhere and some horrible thing or other will come to light. Good for trade, we thrive on bones; without them there'd be no stories."
Author: Margaret Atwood
28. "What's killing him is the idea that I will die unhappy, in a miserable marriage. He hates that my life isn't ending on a good note… So I told him that he's a good man and was the love of my life, both of which are true. I tried to tell him all the things I hadn't told him before… Mostly, I wanted him to understand the real reason I'd thought our marriage was over. It was over because we forgot to stay in love. Both of us."
Author: Marisa De Los Santos
29. "People are definitely a company's greatest asset. It doesn't make any difference whether the product is cars or cosmetics. A company is only as good as the people it keeps."
Author: Mary Kay Ash
30. "It's good that they've seen it, but how can I be satisfied after working for two years making a film which I hope will make a difference, when the government sees the film and does nothing about it?"
Author: Mathieu Kassovitz
31. "His principles were out of date, but there was a good deal to be said for his prejudices."
Author: Oscar Wilde
32. "If "OK" meant that "it's all right to get up now," it makes sense that Pip would respond when she heard it. So if your dog Chief can pick the word sit out of the middle of a sentence, what is he to make of "Good sit" after he already sat? With Pip I got caught up in using words as if I were talking to a human, and I think other owners replicate that mistake often.1"
Author: Patricia B. McConnell
33. "Am I really cool? You're telling me I'm cool? Well, that's good to hear."
Author: Paul Giamatti
34. "Lord, if You bless me, I'll thank You; but if You don't, I'll be thankful for what I have. I have plenty. I'm in good shape."
Author: Phil Robertson
35. "I don't respect my husband because he is the man and I am the woman, and it's my "place" to submit to him. I respect Dan because he is a good person, and because he has made me a better person too."
Author: Rachel Held Evans
36. "I think a little menace is fine to have in a story. For one thing, it's good for the circulation."
Author: Raymond Carver
37. "I stare at her. I've always known that it's impossible to argue with Belinda, not because she's particularly good at it, but because she's so bad at it- that there is no common ground to work from. She simply sees the world she wants to see it and no amount of logic can change her mind."
Author: Rick Yancey
38. "And when reproached with this Sam with ready wit replied that paralysed as he was, from the waist up, and from the knees down, he had no purpose, interest or joy in life other than this, to set out after a good dinner of meat and vegetables in his wheel-chair and stay out committing adultery until it was time to go home to his supper, after which he was at his wife's disposal."
Author: Samuel Beckett
39. "...God sent His Prince, Jesus, into rebel territory to conquer evil and free us to be true citizens of the Kingdom again... That's the essential story we find in the Bible, and it's the essential story at the heart of each of our lives. And that's what all good fantasy stories have at their core, whether or not it's a conscious theme."
Author: Sarah Arthur
40. "It's not easy to kill; it's not supposed to be. If it is, then there's something wrong with you. But sometimes good people have to do unpleasant things just so we can come home at night to our kids."
Author: Skip Coryell
41. "That's editing, if I may say so. Choosing the shot. It's telling us everything. It's telling us things we don't even know it's telling us. It's not just telling us what these characters think, it's telling us what we think. It's manipulative as hell, there's no getting around it, but then all movies are manipulative. When people complain about a picture that's ‘manipulative,' what they really mean is it's not very good at its manipulations, its manipulation is too obvious."
Author: Steve Erickson
42. "As you know, I'm androgynous. I can wear a jacket that most guys wouldn't put on. But you make it in guys' sizes, and suddenly they're wearing them. I think styles should get back to getting people to wear things that look so good that they don't care."
Author: Steven Tyler
43. "Individuals have little opportunity to get elected to Parliament under the label of the government party... unless they are in good standing with the Prime Minister and pledged to be cooperative."
Author: Stockwell Day
44. "Marjan. I have told him tales of good women and bad women, strong women and weak women, shy women and bold women, clever women and stupid women, honest women and women who betray. I'm hoping that, by living inside their skins while he hears their stories, he'll understand over time that women are not all this way or that way. I'm hoping he'll look at women as he does at men--that you must judge each of us on her own merits, and not condemn us or exalt us only because we belong to a particular sex."
Author: Susan Fletcher
45. "If they had said my writing wasn't good enough, fair enough, that's an opinion. But to say it's too complex is to insult the intelligence of the so-called young."
Author: Tanith Lee
46. "I make good music for long journeys."
Author: The Weeknd
47. "The goal should be to build a sustainable lifestyle business that does good for employees and customers - and that steadily builds wealth."
Author: Vivek Wadhwa
48. "In the time we have it is surely our duty to do all the good we can to all the people we can in all the ways we can."
Author: William Barclay
49. "Thou shalt lie down With patriarchs of the infant world,—with kings, The powerful of the earth,—the wise, the good, 35Fair forms, and hoary seers of ages past, All in one mighty sepulchre. The hills Rock-ribbed and ancient as the sun; the vales Stretching in pensive quietness between; The venerable woods—rivers that move 40In majesty, and the complaining brooks That make the meadows green; and, poured round all, Old Ocean's gray and melancholy waste,— Are but the solemn decorations all Of the great tomb of man!"
Author: William Cullen Bryant
50. "Wyatt was, in fact, finding the Christian system suspect. Memory of his fourth birthday party still weighted in his mind. It had been planned cautiously by Aunt May, to the exact number of hats and favors and portions of cake. One guest, no friend to Wyatt (from a family "less fortunate than we are"), showed up with a staunchly party-bent brother. (Not only no friend: a week before he had challenged Wyatt through the fence behind the carriage barn with —Nyaa nyaa, suckinyerma's ti-it-ty…) Wyatt was taken to a dark corner, where he later reckoned all Good works were conceived, and told that it was the Christian thing to surrender his portion. So he entered his fifth year hatless among crepe-paper festoons, silent amid snapping crackers, empty of Christian love for the uninvited who asked him why he wasn't having any cake."
Author: William Gaddis
Quotes About Good Pictures