Famous Quotes About Gray Area
Browse 22 famous quotes and sayings about Gray Area.
Top Quotes About Gray Area
1. "Mr. Gray," I mutter. He's smiling again like the Big Bad Wolf who wants to eat me. And boy, do I want him to eat m–"I just happened to be in the area," he says, cutting off my internal monologue. "I needed to pick up a few supplies, and here you are. What a pleasant surprise." His voice is cool and husky like a Wendy's Frosty shake, with just a little bit of grit (also like a Frosty)."
Author: Andrew Shaffer
2. "I know gray areas too well. I write for silent audiences."
Author: Antonia Perdu
3. "It is debatable whether blind faith is truly faith at all. Faith is the perceptive gray area where scientific facts meet an individual's experiential truths - the extreme of the former is left feeling in the dark whereas the latter is caught blinded by the light. By proper scientific method, it is intellectually dishonest for me to declare the existence of God with utmost certainty, but to my individual spirit, I would be intellectually dishonest to deny the existence of God even for a second. This leaves the best of both worlds, as the believer is called to be able to give reasons for his faith, a deviation from mere fantasy."
Author: Criss Jami
4. "Humanity is about living in the gray area between corruptibility and incorruptibility."
Author: D.C. Akers
5. "When a question has no correct answer, there is only one honest response.The gray area between yes and no.Silence."
Author: Dan Brown
6. "In every thriller written about Washington, particularly after 9/11, there are good guys and there are bad guys, and there's no gray area at all."
Author: David Baldacci
7. "Some justice, though did not deal with kindheartedness or good feeling toward others. No, justice had a darker side, a gray area where it mingled alongside vengeance, and only the wise and pure of heart were able to tell the two apart. That kind of justice was swift. It was only called upon afer mercy and morals fail. It was the darkest form of goodness known to anyone, even the gods, and required only the strongest, most daring men to bring about."
Author: Evan Meekins
8. "I know," he said quietly. "But I also know there's a thin line between good and evil. There's a gray area, one we all step into."
Author: J.M. Darhower
9. "I think people understand things different when they get older. It's not a question of getting soft, or seeing things in the gray areas instead of black and white. I really believe I'm just understanding things different. Better."
Author: Jeff Lindsay
10. "She'd been taught all her life not to attack humans, but knocking them unconscious with tranquilizer guns was more of a gray area."
Author: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
11. "Besides my professional goals, I have a couple of private ones, my man. One of those is to pet a kangaroo before I leave Australia. I understand there's lots of Eastern Grays around this area. What do you say? Are you in?'Bergman looked at him like he'd just made the worst financial investment of his life. 'Kangaroos are wild animals. I've heard they claw like girl fighters and kick like jackhammers. You're going to get your skull crushed.'Cole held up a finger. 'Or I'm going to pet a kangaroo. How cool would that be?"
Author: Jennifer Rardin
12. "Part of me longs to do a job where there's not a gray area."
Author: Jodie Foster
13. "I'm drawn to the classic antihero, the guy who's probably made a bunch of mistakes and really has the capacity to go either way. That's the most interesting type of character for me to watch, to see what decisions they'll make. There's a lot of gray area there for a writer to explore."
Author: Kurt Sutter
14. "Madrigal sniffed herself. "I'm almost sure I don't smell." "Maybe not, but between shining cleanliness and not smelling, there is a vast gray area."
Author: Laini Taylor
15. "Henry Miller wrote novels, but he calls his protagonist Henry, often Henry Miller, and his books are in this gray area between memoir and novel."
Author: Leslie Fiedler
16. "Rogue economics is a sort of umbrella under which we find the criminal economy, the illegal economy, but also those gray areas, gray areas where there is not a proper regulation, where there is not legislation for the economy."
Author: Loretta Napoleoni
17. "Life isn't black and white. It's a million gray areas, don't you find?"
Author: Ridley Scott
18. "There's a gray area there that I'm satisfied is not gray."
Author: Robert Conrad
19. "Fair use is always going to be a gray area, and it should be. We need to allow for things we can't see yet."
Author: Robin Gross
20. "Maybe you could drive yourself crazy trying to chart backward all the causes and effects, all the ends and means, tracing everything to some original sin that may or may not have actually occurred but that people accepted as true, or true enough. Maybe staring into the eyes of all that history was a dangerous thing to do, as her mother had calmly warned her. Maybe you were supposed to move forward armed with just enough history to help you figure out the present without obsessing over the past. But how much was enough? Where was the gray area between ignorance and obsession?"
Author: Thomas Mullen
21. "It's my memory, and what happened between that moment 10 or 15 years ago and now, there's a lot of gray area."
Author: Tracey Emin
22. "Words, so much more readily remembered, gradually replace our past with their own. Our birth pangs become pages. Our battles, our triumphs, our trophies, our stubbed toes, will survive only in their descriptions; because it is the gravestone we visit, when we visit, not the grave. It is against the stone we stand our plastic flowers. Who wishes to bid good morrow to a box of rot and bones? We say a name, and only a faint simulacrum of its object forms itself (if any at all does)- forms itself in that grayless gray area of consciousness where we put imaginary maps and once heard music; where we hunt for lost articles and diagram desire."
Author: William H. Gass
Quotes About Gray Area Pictures