Famous Quotes About Great Minds Thinking Alike
Browse 18 famous quotes and sayings about Great Minds Thinking Alike.
Top Quotes About Great Minds Thinking Alike
1. "What seems terrible at first may turn out to be a great thing. You can't predict."
Author: A.J. Jacobs
2. "I also need you to "spread the word," quietly, that if any harm should come to Antanasia during my imprisonment, I will not only tear down these walls stone by stone, but -- once freed -- shatter the rule of law and destroy, with great satisfaction, anyone who arouses in me even the slightest suspicion. Indeed, if so much as one hair on my wife's head is disturbed while I cannot protect her, this kingdom will see retribution that will go down in the history books -- to be read by the very few who remain standing. - Lucius"
Author: Beth Fantaskey
3. "When Lee has a certain look on his face, eyes kind of amused, mouth small and tight, he finds himself thinking of his father. He believes it is a look his father may have used. It feels like his father. A curious sensation, the look coming upon him, taking hold in an unmistakable way, and then his old man is here, eerie and forceful and whole, a meeting across worlds."
Author: Don DeLillo
4. "As long as we practice with a vow to help others, we are the Bodhisattva of Great Compassion, and we become the leading figure in the Heart Sutra, whether we are a layperson or are ordained, whether whether celibate or married, living in the monastery or living in secular society."
Author: Dosung Yoo
5. "Two great talkers will not travel far together."
Author: George Borrow
6. "I don't mind you thinking I'm stupid, but don't talk to me like I'm stupid."
Author: Harlan Ellison
7. "The wish to hurt, the momentary intoxication with pain, is the loophole through which the pervert climbs into the minds of ordinary men."
Author: Jacob Bronowski
8. "A great pickup line is one I don't even notice. It has me connecting with you, laughing, having a good time. And that definitely gets my attention."
Author: Jennifer Morrison
9. "From earliest childhood I was charmed by the materials of my craft, by pencils and paper and, later, by the typewriter and the entire apparatus of printing. To condense from one's memories and fantasies and small discoveries dark marks on paper which become handsomely reproducible many times over still seems to me, after nearly 30 years concerned with the making of books, a magical act, and a delightful technical process. To distribute oneself thus, as a kind of confetti shower falling upon the heads and shoulders of mankind out of bookstores and the pages of magazines is surely a great privilege and a defiance of the usual earthbound laws whereby human beings make themselves known to one another."
Author: John Updike
10. "I honestly don't read that much. Obviously I read chess books - in terms of favorites, Kasparov's 'My Great Predecessors' is pretty good."
Author: Magnus Carlsen
11. "I don't know if great times make great men, but I know they can kill them."
Author: Max Brooks
12. "High school parties exhausted me because I always felt like I was the only thinking person in a room mostly full of morons obliterating precious IQ points with every gulp of whatever booze they managed to steal out of their parents' liquor cabinets. College parties are exhausting in a diametrically opposite way. They are full of smart, funny people who are all used to being the smartest, funniest person in the room, so they spend the whole party talking over one another, overlapping and overtaking the conversation to prove that they are the smartest, funniest person in the room, if not the entire planet."
Author: Megan McCafferty
13. "It's great to work in film and TV, and I love it, but there's nothing that can replace that instantaneous storytelling you get in theater."
Author: Pablo Schreiber
14. "Fool! You may hate me...But I...I haven't stopped thinking of you for a single day."
Author: Rumiko Takahashi
15. "You have to watch all sides of your advancement, you have to make sure people's bodies and minds are healthy and their morale is cool before you can really go out and play great music."
Author: Shirley Manson
16. "It seemed like I always did some great hitting in Brooklyn. The field there was close to the stands. Every time I started walking to the plate, I could hear the fans say, 'Here comes that man again. Here comes that man.'"
Author: Stan Musial
17. "Monastic communities are to the great social community what the mistletoe is to the oak, what the wart is to the human body."
Author: Victor Hugo
18. "Monstrously Remote: "Whenever I start thinking of my love for a person, I immediately draw radii from my love—from my heart, from the tender nucleus of a personal matter—to monstrously remote points of the universe… the dreadful pitfalls of eternity, the unknowledgeable beyond the unknown, the helplessness, the sickening involutions and interpenetrations of space and time." – Speak Memory (1966)"
Author: Vladimir Nabokov
Quotes About Great Minds Thinking Alike Pictures