Famous Quotes About Groggy
Browse 7 famous quotes and sayings about Groggy.
Top Quotes About Groggy
1. "Fleet kept running," Kaladin growled, getting back under Elhokar's arm."What?""He couldn't win, but he kept running. And when the storm caught him, it didn't matter that he'd died, because he'd run for all he had.""Sure. All right." The king sounded groggy, though Kaladin couldn't tell if it was the alcohol or the blood loss."We all die in the end, you see," Kaladin said. "So I guess what truly matters is just how well you've run. And Elhokar, you've kept running since your father was killed, even if you screw up all the storming time.""Thank you?" the king said, drowsy."
Author: Brandon Sanderson
2. "She read her way around the library, hungry for journeys, adventures, laughter and passion. She took each new book to bed like a lover, savouring every chapter, going too far some nights until the letters danced like insects and she was groggy next day at work. But still she'd sneak away for lunchtime trysts, her eager fingers fumbling for the bookmark."
Author: Cath Staincliffe
3. "Gemma Davidson," she answered, her voice as groggy as I felt. "Where are you?" I asked. "Who is this?" "Elvis." "What time is it?" "Hammer time?" "Charley." "Did you text me? Did your car break down?" "No and no. Why are you doing this to me?" She was funny. "Check your cell." I heard a loud, sleepy sigh, some rustling of sheets, then, "It won't come on." "Not at all?" "No. What did you do to it?" "I ate it for breakfast. Check the battery compartment." "Where the hell is that?" "Um, behind the battery door." "Are you punking me?" I heard her fumbling with the phone. "Gem, if I was going to punk you, I wouldn't simply turn off your phone. I would pour honey in your hair while you slept. Or, you know, something like that." "That was you?" she asked, appalled."
Author: Darynda Jones
4. "He looked groggy, and he told me he didn't get any sleep, so I handed him a cat, because that's like extra sleep right there."
Author: Jarod Kintz
5. "Heavy hearts, heavy eyelids," said the master of the caravan."Huh?" Heather looked up in dismay, shocked to find she'd nearly been left behind as the caravan prepared to move on. Her last night's sleep had been fitful, full of dreams where Khalid made her suffer for running away. Now she felt drained and groggy, unable to get the images of Khalid spanking her over his knee and then ravishing her out of her tired head."Look," the caravan master said. "Riders approaching, a great armed party. No doubt they are searching for escaped slaves.""No doubt." Heather straightened up wearily in the saddle, determined to outwit Khalid and conceal her true identity as a runaway. The one thing she was sure of was that capture would bring a fate worse than death. Already she could imagine Khalid tying her up, spanking her bottom, making her howl for mercy until she had no pride or will to resist. And then would come the true test of her virtue . . ."
Author: Patricia Grasso
6. "I was coming down off the last painkiller left in my dresser drawer after Autumn tossed my stash. In that moment I was so groggy and happy I would have accepted a date with Oscar the Grouch - and planned to do some serious feeling up on the green furry beast too. Yeah, stooping to pharmaceutical-inspired sex fantasies about garbage can Sesame Street characters - that had to be the best Just Say No drug lecture a girl in a leg cast could ever receive to make her go cold turkey off the meds."
Author: Rachel Cohn
7. "I know I can get to the stage where I'm drinking a lot. I tend to be rotten and groggy all day and hanging out for the next drink and five o'clock, ping! I have to just stop."
Author: Trisha Goddard
Quotes About Groggy Pictures