Famous Quotes About Gun Violence
Browse 15 famous quotes and sayings about Gun Violence.
Top Quotes About Gun Violence
1. "The amount of educational programming on television today is simply desensitizing. The only reason left to go to school is to see gun violence."
2. "Military dictatorship is born from the power of the gun, and so it undermines the concept of the rule of law and gives birth to a culture of might, a culture of weapons, violence and intolerance."
Author: Benazir Bhutto
3. "With my history, unfortunately, with my family suffering through gun violence, it's something that I feel passionately about, that even though the odds are certainly always uphill, that doesn't mean that I will stop fighting to try to change that."
Author: Carolyn McCarthy
4. "It seems that the only gun violence some leftists approve of is gun violence aimed at cops and other groups they see as oppressive or racist."
Author: Gary Bauer
5. "I hate guns," replied the Doctor. "Which isn't to say that a bit of fantasy violence can't be therapeutic."
Author: Jacqueline Rayner
6. "In light of all the gun violence in the USA, I'd prefer my democracy unleaded."
Author: Jayseth Guberman
7. "Apparently, the heart of opposition to new gun regulations is in the white community. Yet white people face far less daily violence with guns."
Author: Juan Williams
8. "Gun-related violence and murders are concentrated among blacks and Latinos in big cities."
Author: Juan Williams
9. "Glenn... I wasn't expecting this. He's not after my blood, and we like the same stuff." From the rearview mirror, Jenks snickered. "Guns, violence, crime scene photos, leather, sex, and women. Yeah, I can see that."(Ivy and Jenks)"
Author: Kim Harrison
10. "Have you ever held a gun before?" the lady whom I was meeting with asked me.No, n,: I siad with a little nervous laugh, feeling a little underqualified for the job. "My family were staunch believers in physical violence, not automatic violence, and we had a Safeway around the corner, so we never really needed to kill anything."
Author: Laurie Notaro
11. "I could see their menfolk patrolling nervously up and down toting sub-machine guns and draped in cartridge belts. They were wearing their trademark sunglasses, those gold rimmed feminine accessories which should look comic on a man but instead manage to look as sinister as the wedding dresses and blonde wigs worn by Liberia's drugged fighters. They are the modern equivalent of the wooden masks donned around night fires by warriors preparing to do battle, which turn their wearers into something utterly alien -- faceless instruments of violence capable of unspeakable acts."
Author: Michela Wrong
12. "...The CDC has also said that it's virtually impossible to tell a murder victim killed by a shot to the head or spinal column from an infected individual put down legally in the same fashion. What is your answer to critics of the relaxed gun control laws who hold that gun-related violence has actually increased, but has been masked by the postmortem amplification of the Kellis-Amberlee virus?"
Author: Mira Grant
13. "People worry about kids playing with guns, and teenagers watching violent videos; we are scared that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands - literally thousands - of songs about broken hearts and rejection and pain and misery and loss."
Author: Nick Hornby
14. "Homicide through gun violence is the leading cause of death among young African American males in the United States. If people look a certain way, they have a higher tendency of dying, of having their lives taken away."
Author: Ryan Coogler
15. "In Canadian comedy, you'll almost never see guns. If you bring a gun into a scene, it's like, 'Whoa! Wow, how are we going to deal with that!' Guns in an American comedy are a given. Violence in America is used in a much more cavalier way."
Author: Scott Thompson
Quotes About Gun Violence Pictures