Famous Quotes About Handle With Care
Browse 15 famous quotes and sayings about Handle With Care.
Top Quotes About Handle With Care
1. "Soar with wit. Conquer with dignity. Handle with care."
Author: Criss Jami
2. "As soon as he was half-awake he slipped his knickers off. Holding them close to his face, he handled them loosely for a moment with an absent expression, then suddenly buried his nose in them, his dark eyes huge, his face monstrous with the wisdom of evil. As well as the blood and the seepage from last night's ejaculation he had shit himself lavishly in his sleep, a sloppy, yellow liquid. Having spent a while burying his face in them, he folded the knickers up and put them carefully to one side on top of a stack of others. He would never wash them; he would never wear them again. Every secretion that had occurred in his underclothes, before, during, or sometimes just after a moment of action was a souvenir to be preciously kept and safeguarded."
Author: Derek Raymond
3. "Why am I compelled to write?... Because the world I create in the writing compensates for what the real world does not give me. By writing I put order in the world, give it a handle so I can grasp it. I write because life does not appease my appetites and anger... To become more intimate with myself and you. To discover myself, to preserve myself, to make myself, to achieve self-autonomy. To dispell the myths that I am a mad prophet or a poor suffering soul. To convince myself that I am worthy and that what I have to say is not a pile of shit... Finally I write because I'm scared of writing, but I'm more scared of not writing."
Author: Gloria E. Anzaldúa
4. "Running? Jumping?" Anthony turned an anxious face to William. "He'll hurt himself. You can handle the Computer. Override. Make him stop."And William said sharply, "No. I won't. I'll take the chance of his hurting himself. Don't you understand? He's happy. He was on Earth, a world he was never equipped to handle. Now he's on Mercury with a body perfectly adapted to its environment, as perfectly adapted as a hundred specialized scientists could make it be. It's paradise for him; let him enjoy it.""Enjoy? He's a robot.""I'm not talking about the robot. I'm talking about the brain-the brain-that's living here."The Mercury Computer, enclosed in glass, carefully and delicately wired, its integrity most subtly preserved, breathed and lived."It's Randall who's in paradise," said William. "He's found the world for whose sake he autistically fled this one. He has a world his new body fits perfectly in exchange for the world his old body did not fit at all."
Author: Isaac Asimov
5. "He smiled as Will handled the flask gingerly. 'there's a glass bottle inside,but it's padded with straw and protected by the leather covering. It's quite safe. Just be careful how you handle it."
Author: John Flanagan
6. "It was Leslie who had taken him from the cow pasture into Terabithia and turned him into a king. He had thought that was it. Wasn't king the best you could be? Now it occurred to him that perhaps Terabithia was like a castle where you came to be knighted. After you stayed for a while and grew strong you had to move on. For hadn't Leslie, even in Terabithia, tried to push back the walls of his mind and make him see beyond to the shining world—huge and terrible and beautiful and very fragile? (Handle with care—everything—even the predators.) Now it was time for him to move out. She wasn't there, so he must go for both of them. It was up to him to pay back to the world in beauty and caring what Leslie had loaned him in vision and strength.As for the terrors ahead—for he did not fool himself that they were all behind him—well, you just have to stand up to your fear and not let it squeeze you white. Right, Leslie?Right."
Author: Katherine Paterson
7. "Because it means that much to me, I'm gonna handle this with care. You just gotta believe me."
Author: Kristen Ashley
8. "The whole trouble lies in that people think that there are conditions excluding the necessity of love in their intercourse with man, but such conditions do not exist. Things may be treated without love; one may chop wood, make bricks, forge iron without love, but one can no more deal with people without love than one can handle bees without care."
Author: Leo Tolstoy
9. "Becaise I love God, I want to handle his truth with accuracy, clarity, and specificity. I want to build bridges of understanding from the wisdom of the Word to the details of people's lives. And because I love people, I will not be satisfied with lobbing grenades of general truth at them. Rather, through good questions, committed listening, and careful interpretation, I will enter their world with the understanding necessary to bring Christ's help to where it is really needed."
Author: Paul David Tripp
10. "If words allow themselves to be handled, it is with the help of infinite carefulness. One has to welcome them, listen to the, before asking any service of them. Words are living things closely involved with human life."
Author: Paul Nougé
11. "You'll be eighteen soon, but even so…" He sighed. "When this comes out, a lot of people aren't going to be happy.""Yeah, well, they can deal." Rumors and gossip I could handle."I also have a feeling your mother's going to have a very ugly conversation with me.""You're about to face down Strigoi, and my mother's the one you're scared of?"
Author: Richelle Mead
12. "There is a shipwreck between your ribs and it took eighteen yearsfor me to understand how to understand your kind of drowning.There are people who cannot be held quietly. There are screamsthat are never externalized. If I looked at the photo albums of yourpast twenty years, all I would find are decibel meter graphs ofphone calls and the intensity of your silence as you sat smoking cigarettes in the garage.There is a shipwreck between your ribs. You are a box withfragile written on it, and so many people have not handled youwith care.And for the first time, I understand that I will never knowhow to apologize for beingone of them."
Author: Shinji Moon
13. "Even today, the memory of Ribbon Creek influences the way new recruits are handled—not with kid gloves, but with respect for their safety and dignity. This too is part of the Marine ethos: to take care of their brother and sister Marines."
Author: Tom Clancy
14. "You entered,Abrupt like "Take it!",Mauling suede gloves, you tarried,And said:"You know,-I'm soon getting married." Get married then.It's all right,I can handle it.You see - I'm calm, of course!Like the pulse Of a corpse.Remember?You used to say:"Jack London,Money,Love and ardour,"--I saw one thing only:You were La Gioconda,Which had to be stolen!And someone stole you.Again in love, I shall start gambling,With fire illuminating the arch of my eyebrows.And why not?Sometimes, the homeless ramblersWill seek to find shelter in a burnt down house!You're mocking me?"You've fewer emeralds of madnessthan a beggar kopecks, there's no disproving this!"But rememberPompeii came to end thusWhen somebody teased Vesuvius!Hey!Gentlemen!You care forSacrilege,CrimeAnd war.But have you seenThe frightening terrorOf my faceWhenIt's Perfectly calm?And I feel-"I"Is too small to fit me.Someone inside me is getting smothered."
Author: Vladimir Mayakovsky
15. "Consciousness, which is the "reflective" element of Norman's conceptual brain, handles the "higher" functions at the metaphorical tip of the very top of that complicated organ. Because consciousness pays a lot of attention to your thoughts, you tend to identify it with cognition. However, if you try to figure out exactly how you run your business or care for your family, you soon realize that you can't grasp that process just by thinking about it. As Norman puts it, "Consciousness also has a qualitative, sensory feel. If I say, 'I'm afraid,' it's not just my mind talking. My stomach also knots up."
Author: Winifred Gallagher
Quotes About Handle With Care Pictures