Famous Quotes About Harsh Winter
Browse 7 famous quotes and sayings about Harsh Winter.
Top Quotes About Harsh Winter
1. "On harsh, frigid January days, when the winds are relentless and the snow piles up around us, I often think of our small feathered friends back on the Third Line. I wonder if the old feeder is still standing in the orchard and if anyone thinks to put out a few crumbs and some bacon drippings for our beautiful, hungry, winter birds. In the stark, white landscape they provided a welcome splash of colour and their songs gave us hope through the long, silent winter."
Author: Arlene Stafford Wilson
2. "Is this a mild winter or a harsh winter?"
Author: Don DeLillo
3. "I hate this night. I hate that it makes me a person so truly removed from the real me; this man who sits in silence in his parlor – purposely quarantined from his family – is not who I want to be. But on Halloween night, this awful impostor wafts over me like morning fog, and I know there's no resisting him. Like one anticipates the common cold brought on by a harsh winter, I know this broken and terrified man will soon be visiting when the evening of October 31st falls upon us. And on this yearly autumn night, he will sit and drink. And remember."
Author: J. Tonzelli
4. "She is beautiful, isn't she? (Lochlan)Like the first day of spring after a long, harsh winter. (Sin)"
Author: Kinley MacGregor
5. "Chapter 8 - The Rescue Team: "Timbroke Hall was completely dark. A creaking shutter opened and closed to the rhythm of a howling, north wind. It bore a cold reminder of the harsh winter coming quickly this year. The children crept up the rock stairs to the familiar wooden doors at the front of the building. Ariana led them around the porch to a side door according to her, was never locked. The broken handle dangled loosely and offered free entrance. The team cautiously crossed the threshold of the old hall into pitch blackness. An owl hooted and the sound of large wings flapping reverberated around them. Camilla startled, cried out a fearful yelp causing everyone to jump. Hannah reflexively covered Camilla's mouth until she was certain nothing more would slip out. "Quiet," whispered Jess in an angry tone directed at Hannah. "It wasn't me," whispered Hannah pointing down at Camilla. "Sorry," whispered Camilla apologetically."
Author: M.K. McDaniel
6. "And, I think, this greening does thaw at the edges, at least, of my own cold season. Joy sneaks in: listening to music, riding my bicycle, I catch myself feeling, in a way that's as old as I am but suddenly seems unfamiliar, light. I have felt so heavy for so long. At first I felt odd- as if I shouldn't be feeling this lightness, that familiar little catch of pleasure in the heart which is inexplicable, though a lovely passage of notes or the splendidly turned petal of a tulip has triggered it. It's my buoyancy, part of what keeps me alive: happy, suddenly with the concomitant experience of a sonata and the motion of the shadows of leaves. I have the desire to be filled with sunlight, to soak my skin in as much of it as I can drink up, after the long interior darkness of this past season, the indoor vigil, in this harshest and darkest of winters, outside and in."
Author: Mark Doty
7. "~A Comparison of Seasons~Snow's unforgiving power causes some men to wish for spring's flower.Some might hate snow's bitter chill, but you love it at your own will.I see snow as something fun, but others might still long for summer's sun.You and I hate summer's heat, but we still love the warmth of a fire on our feet.Spring has jays whose virtuous songs are nice, but winter's lonely echoes are earth's frigged vice.I enjoy spring's life, yet I still love winter's seemingly harsh sorrow; sometimes I can't get out of the house, so I worry about tomorrow.I love the sight of snow and I treasure the sight of summer's river which swiftly flows.Also, winter can be cold, but we can look forward to seeing spring's life and joy unfold."
Author: Seth D.
Quotes About Harsh Winter Pictures