Famous Quotes About Hating Pretenders
Browse 11 famous quotes and sayings about Hating Pretenders.
Top Quotes About Hating Pretenders
1. "Suddenly, Cain flipped her over and caged her in, his muscled strength creating a protective embrace. "My diamond," he growled. "You are home." She lifted her hand and cupped his cheek, then murmured, "Yes. I am." "I was dead without you. I would have ended up a shell like Rafael." She kissed him, hating the pain in his voice. "No, never like him. He was evil, Cain, his soul black. Yours isn't. Just a little gray." He smirked. "Gray?" She shrugged. "Well you aren't lily white, that's for certain."
Author: Anne Rainey
2. "Though fairy tales end after ten pages, our lives do not. We are multi-volume sets. In our lives, even though one episode amounts to a crash and burn, there is always another episode awaiting us and then another. There are always more opportunities to get it right, to fashion our lives in the ways we deserve to have them. Don't waste your time hating a failure. Failure is a greater teacher than success."
Author: Clarissa Pinkola Estés
3. "She was a maiden of rarest beauty, and not more lovely than full of glee. And evil was the hour when she saw, and loved, and wedded the painter. He, passionate, studious, austere, and having already a bride in his Art; she a maiden of rarest beauty, and not more lovely than full of glee; all light and smiles, and frolicsome as the young fawn; loving and cherishing all things; hating only the Art which was her rival;"
Author: Edgar Allan Poe
4. "The price of hating other human beings is loving oneself less."
Author: Eldridge Cleaver
5. "Prejudice in this country is like chapters in a book. Chapter One: Hating the Africans and Indians. Chapter Two: Don't forget the Irish. Chapter Three: Polish jokes."..... "Hispanics? Latinos? Whatever you call us? Maybe we're Chapter Fifteen or Sixteen on the East Coast, but we're the preface in the West."
Author: Emilie Richards
6. "All the way back she talked haltingly about herself, and Amory's love waned slowly with the moon. At her door they started from habit to kiss good night, but she could not run into his arms, nor were they stretched to meet her as in the week before. For a minute they stood there, hating each other with a bitter sadness. But as Amory had loved himself in Eleanor, so now what he hated was only a mirror. Their poses were strewn about the pale dawn like broken glass. The stars were long gone and there were left only the little sighing gusts of wind and the silences between... but naked souls are poor things ever, and soon he turned homewards and let new lights come in with the sun."
Author: F. Scott Fitzgerald
7. "Elissa cleared her throat. "I won't hate you," she said. "Whatever you do, I won't end up hating you." [...] "Whatever you do, it doesn't make a difference." Linked, pp 249 -250"
Author: Imogen Howson
8. "Given enough idleness & time, she could talk herself into either loving or hating the man"
Author: Karin Slaughter
9. "I rolled my eyes in aggravation and glared at the ceiling, hating what I had to confess. Lend knew how much it affected me, taking souls, and I always felt guilty and dirty, like he was judging me even though he tried not to. "The faerie came after me when Reth was down and I sucked out some of her soul.""Good.""I—Good?""Yes. Good."I shuddered. "You don't have the creepy, ice thing in you. It's not good.""You here, safe and alive? Good."I smiled sadly and knocked on the wall three times. "I"—knock—"love"—knock—"you"—knock.He knocked three times back."
Author: Kiersten White
10. "There was a time I stopped talking, just like you. My reasons were a little bit different, but... I think the feelings of being ashamed of myself and hating myself... are the same. Here it says "to like yourself." What does that mean? Good things---how are you supposed to find them? I only know things that I hate about myself. Because that's all I know: I hate myself. Even if your force yourself to find good things... it feels so empty. It doesn't work that way. People like your teacher just don't get it.I think... when you hear someone say they like you for the first time... then you can begin to like yourself. I think when someone accepts you for the first time... you feel like you can forgive yourself a little. You can begin to face your fears.~Yuki"
Author: Natsuki Takaya
11. "Nobody tells us as little girls that we may fall in love and have moments of hating our beloved, or have ridiculous arguments at 2 AM over something that neither person understands."
Quotes About Hating Pretenders Pictures