Famous Quotes About Having No Rules
Browse 23 famous quotes and sayings about Having No Rules.
Top Quotes About Having No Rules
1. "Be hated. One does not have to be evil to be hated. In fact, it's often the case that one is hated precisely because one is trying to do right by one's own convictions. It is far too easy to be liked, one merely has to be accommodating and hold no strong convictions. Then one will gravitate towards the centre and settle into the average. That cannot be your role. There are a great many bad people in the world, and if you are not offending them, you must be bad yourself."
Author: Adrian Tan
2. "I stare into a thin, web-like crack above the urinal's handle and think to myself that if I were to disappear into that crack, say somehow miniaturize and slip into it, the odds are good that no one would notice I was gone. No... one... would... care. In fact some, if they noticed my absence, might feel an odd, indefinable sense of relief. This is true: the world is better off with some people gone. Our lives are not all interconnected. That theory is crock. Some people truly do not need to be here."
Author: Bret Easton Ellis
3. "The minutes dragged by as they only did when you had no choice but to wait for something."
Author: Charles De Lint
4. "Furthermore, there is no good ethical or economic reason for asking workmen and current producers to forego all economic gain in order to increase the purchasing power of all the wealth accumulated in past years."
Author: Charles E. Wilson
5. "If you're an actor in your heart, no matter how much money they shove at you, it doesn't matter if the work doesn't provide that creative spark. You want out."
Author: Chris Noth
6. "The proper way is lost to me; my compass spins. I therefore give my entire attention to those works that seem to me most incorruptible: the application of heat, the proportion of seasoning, the arrangement of a plate. When robbed of all pretensions and aspirations, with no proper home nor any knowledge of what discord tomorrow brings, I still may have a pocketful of dignity. The Roman pomp and raiment have fallen away, and I see at last the glory of washed feet and shared bread."
Author: Eli Brown
7. "As we drank champagne in the lounge, I explained that I had earned special privileges by being particularly vigilant and observant of rules and procedures on previous flights, and by making a substantial number of helpful suggestions regarding check-in procedures, flight scheduling, pilot training, and ways in which security systems might be subverted. I was no longer expected to offer advice, having contributed "enough for a lifetime of flying."
Author: Graeme Simsion
8. "That's how we keep this crazy place together - with the heart. Two hundred fuckin' languages, and a billion people. India is the heart. It's the heart that keeps us together. There's no place with people like my people, Lin. There's no heart like the Indian heart."
Author: Gregory David Roberts
9. "Writers are praised for having a facility with something man-made, something that can be changed or manipulated at will; but why is augmenting a man-made construction considered an act of brilliance? But perhaps I am not making sense here, so let me put it another way: language has no inherent secrets.But science, specifically the science of disease, was all delicious secrets, dark oily pockets of mystery. Language could be misinterpreted, misconstrued, its rules imposed or ignored at whim. There was no discipline to it. It seemed sometimes a sort of game made up by man to amuse himself with, much as Owen did. But a disease, a virus, a wiggling string of bacteria, existed with or without man, and it was up to us to fathom its secrets."
Author: Hanya Yanagihara
10. "The real artist with no tear in his eye and no sadness in his heart, puts the pages in the fire and does it again!""All art is a metaphor it's by telling you one thing when your mean something else.The Old Man in the Sea is not about fishing!""Writing a book is like torture that you don't know, but after it's done and there it is. It's a joy like unlike anything else, I think it's the closest that a man can come to knowing what is feels like to have a baby."
Author: Harry Crews
11. "—Vamos, con alguien que luce como tú, probablemente hay una fila de chicas esperando llevarte a casa.—¿Y? —Estiró la mano, jalando el borde de sus vaqueros—. Estoy aquí contigo, ¿no?—Sí, lo estás —Frunció el ceño—. Algunas veces me pregunto por qué.Dawson la miró fijamente por un momento, luego se rió. No podía estar hablando en serio. No había manera que no supiera lo linda que era y como su risa atraía a las personas."
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
12. "I see," I said, which was not entirely true. But it did seem to explain a bit of what I'd recently seen and heard. "Er . . . at this moment, are you kissing me?""No, only almost," murmured Gideon, with his lips just above my skin. "I mean, no way do I want to exploit the fact that you're drunk and may be mistaking me for some kind of god right now. But it doesn't come easy . . ."I closed my eyes and leaned my head against his shoulder, and he held me closer."Like I said, you really don't make things easy for me. You always give me the wrong sort of ideas in churches . . ."
Author: Kerstin Gier
13. "But the men tonight were paid to kill a newlywed man and his wife," his arms gave me a squeeze, "I lose no sleep for them and you shouldn't either." "But you were awake," I pointed out. "Yes, I was, because my wee wife trembles against me in her sleep," he informed me. God, that was sweet. "Sorry, Frey," I whispered. "Do not be sorry, be drowsy," he ordered."
Author: Kristen Ashley
14. "I know of no time in human history where ignorance was better than knowledge."
Author: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
15. "I could never find two people who are perfectly equal: one will always be more valuable than the other. And many people, as a matter of fact, simply have no value."
Author: Pentti Linkola
16. "Demasiado bonito para que durara, ya saben, los espíritus singulares no soportan tanto amor, tanta perfección encontrada por casualidad"
Author: Roberto Bolaño
17. "When mind exists undisturbed in the Way, nothing in the world can offend, and when a thing can no longer offend it ceases to exist in the old way. When no discriminating thoughts arise, the old mind ceases to exist."
18. "A low current stock price forecasts a low future price. If today's price is low, there is a good reason to buy more (it's cheap) and also a good reason to buy less (it's likely to stay cheap). The two reasons cancel out and make "buying more when the price is low" no more attractive than "buying more when the price is high."
Author: Steven E. Landsburg
19. "Vimes had once discussed the Ephebian idea of ‘democracy' with Carrot, and had been rather interested in the idea that everyone had a vote until he found out that while he, Vimes, would have a vote, there was no way in the rules that anyone could prevent Nobby Nobbs from having one as well. Vimes could see the flaw there straight away."
Author: Terry Pratchett
20. "I regret not having had more time with my kids when they were growing up."
Author: Tina Turner
21. "Stand-up don't get no respect - it's the hardest thing to do in show business. You don't have no band and there's no music."
Author: Tracy Morgan
22. "They shall exist, and so long as society shall be what it is, they will be what they are. Under the dark vault of their cave, they are forever reproduced in the ooze. What is required to exorcise these goblins? Light. Light in floods. No bat resists the dawn. Illuminate society."
Author: Victor Hugo
23. "How happily, said Austerlitz, have I sat over a book in the deepening twilight until I could no longer make out the words and my mind began to wander, and how secure have I felt seated at the desk in my house in the dark night, just watching the tip of my pencil in the lamplight following its shadow, as if of its own accord and with perfect fidelity, while that shadow moved regularly from left to right, line by line, over the ruled paper."
Author: W.G. Sebald
Quotes About Having No Rules Pictures