Famous Quotes About Healer
Browse 86 famous quotes and sayings about Healer.
Top Quotes About Healer
1. "People say that slaves were taken from Africa. This is not true: People were taken from Africa, among them healers and priests, and were made into slaves."
Author: Abdullah Ibrahim
2. "I grant we should add a third category: that of the true healers. But it is a fact one doesn't come across many of them, and anyhow it must be a hard vocation. That's why I decided to take, in every predicament, the victim's side, so as to reduce the damage done. Among them I can at least try to discover how on attains to the third category; in other words, to peace."
Author: Albert Camus
3. "A woman who's given me a home-a purpose.And for the first time in my life,I-""A purpose?" Jennika squints, as she cocks her head and steps closer. "And just what exactly might that be? You planning to take over her garden? Apprentice as an herbal healer? I had much higher hopes for you, Daire."
Author: Alyson Noel
4. "You are very young and time, it is a great healer."
Author: Amanda Grange
5. "Man's maker was made man that He, Ruler of the stars, might nurse at His mother's breast; that the Bread might hunger, the Fountain thirst, the Light sleep, the Way be tired on its journey; that Truth might be accused of false witnesses, the Teacher be beaten with whips, the Foundation be suspended on wood; that Strength might grow weak; that the Healer might be wounded; that Life might die."
Author: Augustine Of Hippo
6. "Those who are wounded wound others. Moses was wounded profoundly when he lost his birth family, his heritage, and his history. In the years to come, he would come to know Jehovah-rophe, the Healer of life's sicknesses and sorrows. Exodus 15: 26b says, "…for I am the Lord, who heals you." (from Under His Wings: Healing Truth for Adoptees of All Ages)"
Author: Beth Willis Miller
7. "Music is always a healer. Music has never let me down. I know it's my religion. There's the idea that you can't truly know happiness until you know sadness, so how can you heal yourself unless you've hurt yourself? I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know that I'm not who I was."
Author: Brendon Urie
8. "A faith-healer may or may not start out with fraud in mind. But to his amazement, his patients actually seem to be improving. Their emotions are genuine, their gratitude heart-felt. When the healer is criticized, such people rush to his defence. Several elderly attendees of the channelling at the Sydney Opera House were incensed after the Sixty Minutes expose: ‘Never mind what they say,' they told Alvarez, ‘we believe in you`. These successes may be enough to convince many charlatans, no matter how cynical they were at the beginning, that they actually have mystical powers. Maybe they're not successful every time. The powers come and go, they tell themselves. They have to cover the down time. If they must cheat a little now and then, it serves a higher purpose, they tell themselves. Their spiel is consumer-tested. It works."
Author: Carl Sagan
9. "After hearing much from his patients about alleged faith-healing, a Minnesota physician named William Nolen spent a year and a half trying to track down the most striking cases. Was there clear medical evidence that the disease was really present before the ‘cure'? If so, had the disease actually disappeared after the cure, or did we just have the healer's or the patient's say-so? He uncovered many cases of fraud, including the first exposure in America of ‘psychic surgery'. But he found not one instance of cure of any serious organic (non-psychogenic) disease. There were no cases where gallstones or rheumatoid arthritis, say, were cured, much less cancer or cardiovascular disease. When a child's spleen is ruptured, Nolen noted, perform a simple surgical operation and the child is completely better. But take that child to a faith-healer and she's dead in a day."
Author: Carl Sagan
10. "I originally started off as a healer before I came to Hollywood."
Author: Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa
11. "Be guided, only by the healer of the sick, the raiser of the dead, the friend of all who were afflicted and forlorn, the patient Master who shed tears of compassion for our infirmities. We cannot but be right if we put all the rest away, and do everything in remembrance of Him. There is no vengeance and no infliction of suffering in His life, I am sure. There can be no confusion in following Him, and seeking for no other footsteps, I am certain!"
Author: Charles Dickens
12. "Our God is Greater, Our God is Stronger, God, you are Higher than any other, Our God is Healer, Awesome in Power, Our God,Our God."
Author: Chris Tomlin
13. "I'm a fast healer. I was on the air a week after I got shot."
Author: Curtis Sliwa
14. "Time is a great faith healer"
Author: Dean Cavanagh
15. "ON A DAY LATE THAT JANUARY, I READ AGAIN "EAST Coker" by the poet T. S. Eliot, and saw something that I had forgotten: the stark but beautiful metaphor by which he described God as a wounded surgeon whose bleeding hands apply a scalpel to his patients so that "Beneath the bleeding hands we feel / The sharp compassion of the healer's art."
Author: Dean Koontz
16. "We are learning, too, that the love of beauty is one of Nature's greatest healers."
Author: Ellsworth Huntington
17. "Music became a healer for me."
Author: Eric Clapton
18. "Would it ever, ever leave? I had become used to the ache now; it was with me all the time, and never seemed to lessen. Time was no healer, I decided, but it was a great accommodator."
Author: Eva Rice
19. "The healer and the killer both rely on the blade: the physician his scalpel, the assassin his dagger."
Author: Fiona Paul
20. "...Opal is dead, and I don't see how a healer can change that! It's not something to joke about."Joke?" Then Owen hit his forehead and cried, "That's right, you haven't heard!"Heard what?" asked Adrien, who felt an insane glimmer of hope return to his heart.Death is on strike! She hasn't done that for two centuries, and it's very annoying. Your friend is alive."Very annoying?" repeated Amber. "I don't see what's so annoying about a miracle! What is Death on strike for?"Everyone knows that Death lives in Fairytale-in an inaccessible area, obviously. And just a few hours ago, she decided to stop working. So, for now, no one can die."
Author: Flavia Bujor
21. "Natural forces within us are the true healers of disease."
22. "Let us enter! For it is only in the coming of Aragorn that any hope remains for the sick that lie in the House. Thus spake Ioreth, wise-woman of Gondor: The hands of the king are the hands of a healer, and so shall the rightful king be known."
Author: J.R.R. Tolkien
23. "I see more people taking on the cloak of accountability, more people tiring of the blame game. If we are all connected and our actions in Australia affect us in Istanbul, then we are all to blame and all to be healers. We can't blame lawyers anymore for the 'liability' vs. common sense imbalance."
Author: Jane Siberry
24. "Those old sayings about Give It Time, and Time is a Healer depend on just whose time it is."
Author: Jeanette Winterson
25. "Know this much:regret nothing.Each part of your journey is essential to the whole.The moment you are experiencing is as important as your destination.Ninetah,the Daskiny Healer in The Traveler"
Author: Jenna Lindsey
26. "I also visited several healing meetings... and became angry with what appeared to be the manipulation of people for the material gains of the faith healer... Dressing like sideshow barkers. Pushing people over and calling it the power of God. And money - they were always asking for more, leading people to believe that if they gave they would be healed..." - John Wimber"
Author: John Wimber
27. "Before my first visit to Waorani territory, I was introduced to don Casimiro Mamallacta, a traditional Kichwa healer and family man living in the outskirts of the jungle town of Archidona, by his daughter Mercedes, whom I met at the Jatun Sacha biological station. During the years that I was collaborating on the demarcation effort and in between the work sessions, I lived with don Casimiro's family."
Author: Jonathon Miller Weisberger
28. "We have people who are healers and those who posses a certain animal magnetism."
Author: Julian May
29. "Princess." Puck's voice broke through my numb trance. I glared poisoned daggers at him and he gave me a weak smile. "Scary, you can rip me to pieces later. His royal iciness isn't looking so good. We have to get him to a healer, now."-Puck"
Author: Julie Kagawa
30. "You'll take her to a healer, prince, or so help me I will cut out that piece of ice you call a heart and take her myself."
Author: Julie Kagawa
31. "It was an odd relationship, but then she was an extraordinary woman: a prioress who doubted much of what the church taught; an acclaimed healer who rejected medicine as practised by physicians; and a nun who made enthusiastic love to her man whenever she could get away with it. If I wanted a normal relationship, Merthin told himself, I should have picked a normal girl."
Author: Ken Follett
32. "It's time to put away our fairytales, all of them, and assume our responsibilities, the adult responsibilities that begin with adult knowledge. Our planet needs us. She needs us to think like healers and act like warriors. And if you think that's a contradiction, then get out of the way."
Author: Lierre Keith
33. "Come to me said the world. I was standingin my wool coat at a kind of bright portal—I can finally saylong ago; it gives me considerable pleasure. Beautythe healer, the teacher—death cannot harm memore than you have harmed me,my beloved life."
Author: Louise Glück
34. "Sorry. An overdeveloped nurturing instinct comes with being a healer."
Author: Maria V. Snyder
35. "Getting to play a yogic healer was awesome. I love yoga, so I've had a lot of teachers."
Author: Mary Elizabeth Ellis
36. "Stab one or two healers, and everyone overreacts."
Author: Melissa Marr
37. "Basically, all women are nurturers and healers, and all men are mental patients to varying degrees."
Author: Nelson DeMille
38. "I enjoy the presence of a woman in the house for brief periods of time. They fall into two categories: the organizers and the slobs. There's probably a third category—the naggers, who try to get you to do things, but I've never run into one of those. Oddly, I have no preference regarding oganizers or slobs, as long as they don't try to pick my clothes for me. Basically, all women are nurturers and healers, and all men are mental patients to varying degrees. It works fine if people stick to their fated roles. But nobody does."
Author: Nelson DeMille
39. "It was not the sorrow of the world that broke the heart of Christ, but its wickedness. He was equal to its sorrow ... He began by being the world's healer. But what broke him was its sin."
Author: P.T. Forsyth
40. ">He was greedy and rude and bitter, but he was still a healer. The parson, though, what was he? He was nothing. Belief is half of all healing. Belief in the cure, belief in the future that awaits. And here was a man who lived on belief, but who sacrificed it at the first challenge, right when he needed it most. He believed selfishly and fearfully. And it took the lives of his daughters."
Author: Patrick Ness
41. "I hear you have a birthday today."Sally laughed. "I don't know where you could have possibly heard that." "It might have been from a certain blonde running around the mansion reminding everyone of the party of the century taking place in honor of, and I quote, 'the most bad ass gypsy healer known to man', which was followed up with a, 'no offense to Rachel, but fact is fact."
Author: Quinn Loftis
42. "Several months ago there was a somewhat, in some people's eyes, relatively normal Cal--or by and large normal--the best he was able to be as half Auphe. Occasionally he did lose his shit, attacked and ate deer while on road trips through the woods, created massive holes in between dimensions to shove through malevolently murderous pucks, and once in a while ripped out an Auphe's throat with his teeth. He also opened a gate or two to save his friends, blew up an antihealer from the inside out to save the world, cleaned his guns while watching porn, and generally was a smart-ass to everyone.Normal."
Author: Rob Thurman
43. "She remembered him smiling, and realized that time, that great old healer, had finally accomplished its work, and now, across the years, the face of love no longer stirred up agonies of grief and bitterness. Rather, one was left feeling simply grateful. For how unimaginably empty the past would be without him to remember."
Author: Rosamunde Pilcher
44. "We were putting into these gomers our fear of death, but who knew if they feared death? Perhaps they welcomed death like a dear long-lost cousin, grown old but still known, coming to visit, relieving the loneliness, the failing of the senses, the fury of the half-blind looking into the mirror and not recognizing who is looking back, a dear friend, a dear reliever, a healer who would be with them for an eternity, the same eternity as the long ago, before birth."
Author: Samuel Shem
45. "Laughter was like a fresh breeze - it cleaned its way through the body making everything feel good. Did other species have such a simple healer?"
Author: Stephenie Meyer
46. "A healer is someone who seeks to be the light that she wishes she had in her darkest moments."
Author: Vironika Tugaleva
47. "Remember also that scars of all sorts are all right. Scars are wounds that have healed, not without a trace, but have healed nonetheless. Think of all the scar tissue around Christ's heart, Jesus our wounded healer."
Author: William Sloane Coffin
48. "In the villages in Europe, there are still healers who tell stories."
Author: Yannick Noah
49. "Your pain is not prescribed by your creator, He is the healer thus not giver of misery.We are victims of others; lay the blame where it belongs.Mankind is responsible for its environment and culture, the earth was in its purest form when Adam arrived (blessing on our first prophet) Culture created by man for power. The day we take responsibility for our actions, will be the day God walks through the door smiling"
Author: Zarina Bibi
50. "Since the so-called Age of Enlightenment, our shaky anthropocentric, rationalist egos have been brainwashed to forget what 'primitive' cultures once understood: Animals can be manifestations of celestial beings in disguise; they possess supernatural abilities, and they can be our spiritual guides and healers."
Author: Zeena Schreck
Quotes About Healer Pictures