Famous Quotes About Healt
Browse 3000 famous quotes and sayings about Healt.
Top Quotes About Healt
1. "Homophobia and the closet are allies. Like an unhealthy co-dependent relationship they need each other to survive. One plays the victim living in fear and shame while the other plays the persecutor policing what is ‘normal'. The only way to dismantle homophobia is for every gay man and lesbian in the world to come out and live authentic lives. Once they realise how normal we are and see themselves in us….the controversy is over."
Author: Anthony Venn Brown
2. "Most of the State of the Union will not be about Iraq. Most of the State of the Union will be about improving America's economy and providing greater access to health care for millions of American people, including senior citizens."
Author: Ari Fleischer
3. "The feeble mind of man did not presume to resist the clear evidence of truth, but yielded its infirmity to wholesome doctrines, as to a health-giving medicine, until it obtained from God, by its faith and piety, the grace needed to heal it, they who have just ideas, and express them in suitable language, would need to use no long discourse to refute the errors of empty conjecture. But this mental infirmity is now more prevalent and hurtful than ever, to such an extent that even after the truth has been as fully demonstrated as man can prove it to man, they hold for the very truth their own unreasonable fancies, either on account of their great blindness, which prevents them from seeing what is plainly set before them, or on account of their opinionative obstinacy, which prevents them from acknowledging the force of what they do see."
Author: Augustine Of Hippo
4. "All too often women believe it is a sign of commitment, an expression of love, to endure unkindness or cruelty, to forgive and forget. In actuality, when we love rightly we know that the healthy, loving response to cruelty and abuse is putting ourselves out of harm's way."
Author: Bell Hooks
5. "You seek help from the elders. A society with elders is healthy. It's not always that way in the West."
Author: Bernard Lagat
6. "A person is rich when he lives a joyful balanced life with a clear understanding of the role he is intended to play during his few years on the planet. if he can give and receive love in equal measure, has health and freedom, a touch of wisdom and an unquenchable thirst for living, and on top,of that is fulfilling his true purpose , then he is indeed rich."
Author: Cash Peters
7. "I eat really healthy, and if I'm tired, I take a nap."
Author: Casper Van Dien
8. "Contemporaneous with the financial crisis we have an ecological crisis and a health crisis. They are intimately interlinked. We cannot convert much more of the earth into money, or much more of our health into money, before the basis of life itself is threatened."
Author: Charles Eisenstein
9. "I've been to therapists my whole life. I find the less attention I pay to food, the healthier I am. Any obsession is dangerous. And a whole country that's obsessed with one thing, unless it's, like, jeans, it's very dangerous. Everyone's obsessed right now with carbohydrates in this country. It's ridiculous."
Author: Christina Ricci
10. "The people you surround yourself with influence your behaviors, so choose friends who have healthy habits."
Author: Dan Buettner
11. "As long as we have a healthy baby, I don't care what sex it is." He let his gaze run down to her waistline. "But I meant what I said about getting married soon," he added quietly. "I don't care for casual modern arrangements when a child is involved, although I'd want to marry you now even if there could never be a child. Our son deserves a family name and two parents to raise him and love him. As we've already agreed, I never considered preventing him." He grinned wickedly. "And I'm not sorry, either.""Neither am I. Okay," she said, smiling. "We'll get married whenever you want."He sighed with relief, glad that she wasn't going to fight him about it. "I'll speak to the priest here in D.C. who married my parents, if you'd like that. We could have a civil service…""No," she said at once. "I'd like us to be married in church."He smiled. "Fine. And the sooner the better," he added with an amused smile, glancing once more, with unmistakable pride and delight, toward her waistline."
Author: Diana Palmer
12. "The abundance of cheap food with low nutritional value in the Western diet has wreaked havoc on our health; in America, one third of children and two thirds of adults are overweight or obese and are more likely to develop diabetes and cardiovascular disease."
Author: Ellen Gustafson
13. "I knew I wasn't the picture of health, but I didn't think I was headed for the last roundup."
Author: Fannie Flagg
14. "As we have taken the circle as a symbol of reason and madness, we may very well take the cross as a symbol at once of mystery and health. Buddhism is centripetal, but Christianity is centrifugal: it breaks out. For the circle is perfect and infinite in its nature; but it is fixed for ever in its size; it can never be larger or smaller. But the cross, though it has at its head a collision and a contradiction, can extend its four arms for ever without altering its shape. Because is has a paradox in its center it can grow without changing. The circle returns upon itself and is bound. The cross opens its arms to the four winds; it is a signpost for free travelers."
Author: G.K. Chesterton
15. "Exercise keeps me occupied, which is good for my mental health."
Author: Gail Porter
16. "It's my personal opinion, and I'm not espousing it to anybody else, I think your immune system and how healthy you are determines how you react to any excess of any kind."
Author: George Hamilton
17. "We're all flawed, but basically, effective managers are people whose flaws are not fatal under the circumstances. Maybe the best managers are simply ordinary, healthy people who aren't too screwed up."
Author: Henry Mintzberg
18. "I fill my life with a lot of 'busyness' in between jobs. Then I work very hard. Some of it is quite unhealthy. It's compulsive. I don't know what to do about it. I'm a little old to change."
Author: Hume Cronyn
19. "When you feel perpetually unmotivated, you start questioning your existence in an unhealthy way; everything becomes a pseudo intellectual question you have no interest in responding whatsoever. This whole process becomes your very skin and it does not merely affect you; it actually defines you. So, you see yourself as a shadowy figure unworthy of developing interest, unworthy of wondering about the world - profoundly unworthy in every sense and deeply absent in your very presence."
Author: Ingmar Bergman
20. "But beyond the hysteria of phantom death panels, where is the abomination? Show me the provisions that will hurt consumers, because if you think a $110 billion a year tax break for working-class Americans to buy private health insurance is a government takeover, I welcome the debate."
Author: Jim McDermott
21. "Each of us should take personal responsibility for our diet, and our children's diet, and the government's role should be to make certain it provides the best information possible to help people stay healthy."
Author: Jim Talent
22. "It's just an unhealthy way to approach something, trying to outdo your last thing. You've gotta trust evolution, you've gotta trust that the bar is moving, that you don't need to force the bar. It'll just happen."
Author: Johnny Knoxville
23. "The sea is everything. It covers seven tenths of the terrestrial globe. Its breath is pure and healthy. It is an immense desert, where man is never lonely, for he feels life stirring on all sides."
Author: Jules Verne
24. "Octopuses are tough--and not just in the sense that they can take out sharks (both real and computer generated, as in Mega Shark versus Giant Octopus). They're almost pure muscle. With tridirectional muscles in the arms, they're a tad less supple than a well-marbled sirloin, to say the least (though certainly a lot more healthful). So over the centuries, people have been finding ways to make them a little easier on the jaw.The classic tactic is beating the bejesus out of them on rocks."
Author: Katherine Harmon Courage
25. "Success for me its to raise happy, healthy human beings."
Author: Kelly LeBrock
26. "One night, Tess finds me sobbing during the health segment of the evening news. Scientists have discovered scarred cells from cardiac arrest fall away over time, and she can't understand how sadly hopeful that is. To me, it means that the human heart has the capacity to heal itself."
Author: Koren Zailckas
27. "I got sick when I was 19, and I'd been a really healthy 19-year-old, so I don't have a lot to compare it to. Does it feel like the pain after you give birth? I don't know."
Author: Laura Hillenbrand
28. "The groundwork of all happiness is health."
Author: Leigh Hunt
29. "Our health is our wealth."
Author: Marian Keyes
30. "Political differences will always generate a healthy debate, but over time the dialogue has become more hateful and at times violent."
Author: Mark Udall
31. "A part of a healthy conscience is being able to confront consciencelessness. When you teach your daughter, explicitly or by passive rejection, that she must ignore her outrage, that she must be kind and accepting to the point of not defending herself or other people, that she must not rock the boat for any reason, you are NOT strengthening her posocial sense, you are damaging it-and the first person she will stop protecting is herself."
Author: Martha Stout
32. "It's bizarre that the produce manager is more important to my children's health than the pediatrician."
Author: Meryl Streep
33. "We've seen the kind of social impact a professional sports team has on a city. A team brings high-profile role models into your community who are healthy and they're great images for the city to gravitate toward, especially for kids."
Author: Mick Cornett
34. "When women devote themselves to their husbands, children, and building their house, the whole church is strengthened. This is actually their 'ministry' to the church: being obedient wives who are raising godly children. Obviously, when a church is full of healthy families, the church will be healthy and stable."
Author: Nancy Wilson
35. "A woman never overcomes these problems by any exercise of thought. They are not to be solved, or only in one way. If her heart chance to come uppermost, they vanish. Thus Hester Prynne, whose heart had lost its regular and healthy throb, wandered without a clue in the dark labyrinth of mind; now turned aside by an insurmountable precipice; now starting back from a deep chasm. There was wild and ghastly scenery all around her, and a home and comfort nowhere."
Author: Nathaniel Hawthorne
36. "The only sadnesses that are dangerous and unhealthy are the ones that we carry around in public in order to drown them out with the noise; like diseases that are treated superficially and foolishly, they just withdraw and after a short interval break out again all the more terribly; and gather inside us and are life, are life that is unlived, rejected, lost, life that we can die of."
Author: Rainer Maria Rilke
37. "Lord, behold our family here assembled. We thank You for this place in which we dwell, for the love accorded us this day, for the hope with which we expect the morrow; for the health, the work, the food and the bright skies that make our lives delightful; for our friends in all parts of the earth. Give us courage and gaiety and the quiet mind. Spare us to our friends, soften us to our enemies. Bless us, if it may be, in all our innocent endeavors; if it may not, give us strength to endure that which is to come that we may be brave in peril, constant in tribulation, temperate in wrath and in all changes of fortune and down to the gates of death, loyal and loving to one another. We beseech of you this help and mercy for Christ's sake."
Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
38. "I've never had very high regard for therapists. I owe my health, my mental survival, to my friends and loved ones."
Author: Salman Rushdie
39. "The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's ‘death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their ‘level of productivity in society,' whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil."
Author: Sarah Palin
40. "No, I was just wondering who you killed to reclaim your health. (Wulf)I'm sure the cows you eat aren't exactly thrilled by their slaughter either. (Urian)They're not people. (Wulf)In case you haven't noticed, Dark-Hunter, there are a lot of people out there who aren't human either. (Urian)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
41. "(Talon pulled another beignet from the sack and held it up for her to eat.)That stuff is hazardous to your health. (Sunshine)Baby, life is hazardous to your health. (Talon)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
42. "We like to stress the commonness of heroes. Essences seem undemocratic. We feel oppressed by the call to greatness. We regard an interest in glory or perfection as a sign of mental unhealthiness, and have decided that high achievers, who are called overachievers, owe their surplus ambition to a defect in mothering (either too little or too much). We want to admire but think we have a right not to be intimidated. We dislike feeling inferior to an ideal. So away with ideals, with essences. The only ideals allowed are healthy ones -- those everyone may aspire to, or comfortably imagine oneself possessing."
Author: Susan Sontag
43. "The U.S. routinely ranks lower than other countries in health outcomes such as infant mortality."
Author: Tammy Baldwin
44. "Music is one way of saying things that you cannot really say to a person face to face, a sign of suppressed anger, unhealthy, deadly and gigantic idolatry."
Author: The Eldest
45. "Health is the highest prize. Contentment is the greatest wealth. A loyal friend is the best relative. Nirvana is supreme bliss."
Author: Thích Nhất Hạnh
46. "In their brief time together Slothrop forms the impression that this octopus is not in good mental health, though where's his basis for comparing?"
Author: Thomas Pynchon
47. "She was not suicidal; that is what people never managed to grasp. Cutting relieved the pressure and stood as some enduring demonstration of her emotion, some way to be in control of a body that could toss her about with seizures. It was borderline artistic to mark her body, chiaroscuro designs in blood. Dying is the last thing she would want, like any healthy organism. A little pain, a small invoked sting trailing her arm, brought her much closer to grounded when she could not keep her head from racing, her thoughts from consuming her with obsession. An ounce of liquid weight loss and she could go back to being herself again. Usually."
Author: Thomm Quackenbush
48. "However, many skilled medical volunteers are turned away because community health centers cannot afford to cover their additional medical liability insurance."
Author: Tim Murphy
49. "Grove Health Center," trilled the woman on the end of the line. She had the vocal automisation that comes to people whose job description might as well read: 'Ceaseless repetition'."
Author: Will Self
50. "Now, in this blank of things, a harmony,Home-felt, and home-created,comes to healThat grief for which the senses still supply Fresh food; for only then, when memoryIs hushed, am I at rest. My Friends! restrain those busy cares that would allay my pain;Oh! Leave me to myself, nor let me feelThe officious touch that makes me droop again."
Author: William Wordsworth
Quotes About Healt Pictures