Famous Quotes About Healthy
Browse 1253 famous quotes and sayings about Healthy.
Top Quotes About Healthy
1. "Remain Healthy All Day: Drink a spoonful of oil every morning. Reach up with your arms and extend your body to its full height. Use a warm towel to dry the cat. Consider a philosophical idea larger than your area of expertise. Avoid getting cancer. Chalk up bad decisions to outside influences. Don't take your father too seriously. Play a game where you close your eyes very tightly, and when you open your eyes, you have amnesia and you must draw the details of your life from your surroundings. Give up smoking, drinking, and poetic verse. Remind yourself how important you are to your friends or at least your animals. Wax the floor in socks. Enter into a healthy, monogamous relationship. Consider briefly the idea of a soulmate. Light an entire box of matches and throw it into the sink. Hold a metal rod to the heavens and beg for whatever comes next."
Author: Amelia Gray
2. "I don't work on longevity, I work on keeping people healthy."
Author: Aubrey De Grey
3. "I've got two artificial knees, I have an artificial shoulder, and I'm reasonably healthy given the damage I've done to myself. Everything hurts."
Author: Brian Dennehy
4. "I think it's a very healthy thing to learn from what's happened in the past. But only if you look at what happened and think, 'How could I have dealt with that differently?' Then let it go."
Author: Chris Pine
5. "I got fed up with being in bands. I spent a couple of years touring the country in a smoked filled band, doing lots of drugs and being really unhealthy."
Author: Cliff Martinez
6. "Over protection can lead to the under productivity of the over protected. It's healthy to take risks often."
Author: Constance Chuks Friday
7. "It's incredibly difficult to keep a healthy body image in this business."
Author: Courtney Thorne Smith
8. "Healthy levels of estrogen help you feel good. Too much estrogen can make you feel as anxious and irritable as a wet cat. Estrogen withdrawal makes you feel depressed and confused. It's the rise and drop in estrogen that drastically affects your mood, and the more erratic your particular fluctuation is, the more upset it can make you. These problems become worse during perimenopause and menopause, when estrogen levels wane. There are three different kinds of estrogen: estrone (oestrone), estradiol (oestradiol), and estriol (oestriol). According to my friend and colleague Dr. James LaValle, author of the Metabolic Code, estrone is the estrogen to worry about. Estrone can make you more prone to cancer. Your liver, gut, and adrenal health determine what types of hormones are made. Depending"
Author: Daniel G. Amen
9. "Being healthy is a complete lifestyle for me. It allows my brain to function at a very high degree so I can comprehend all the new things that are thrown at me. It also allows me to sleep well so that I am rested when I need to perform. Finally, being healthy will hopefully allow me to live a long and fun-filled life."
Author: Derrick Rose
10. "My doctors say I am very healthy."
Author: Ehud Olmert
11. "When you act, you really have to give all of yourself, and if you're doing that purely for money, it's not healthy."
Author: Emily Browning
12. "I am very thankful and blessed to have a healthy and happy baby boy and baby mama."
Author: Eric Church
13. "More honestly and purely speaks the healthy body, perfect and square-built; and it speaks of the meaning of the earth.-"
Author: Friedrich Nietzsche
14. "Because all actions and expressions stem from the mind, it is vital to know the mind as well as decide in what way we'll use it. Everyone has heard of psychosomatic illness, and most of us acknowledge that psychosomatic sicknesses can and do occur. But what about psychosomatic wellness? How many of us have considered if it's possible to stay healthy or cure various maladies with the positive use of the mind? And if we have thought of this, have we done much more than simply consider the idea?"
Author: H.E. Davey
15. "Men and boys are learning all kinds of trades but how to make men of themselves. They learn to make houses; but they are not so well housed, they are not so contented in their houses, as the woodchucks in their holes. What is the use of a house if you haven't got a tolerable planet to put it on? — If you cannot tolerate the planet that it is on? Grade the ground first. If a man believes and expects great things of himself, it makes no odds where you put him, or what you show him ... he will be surrounded by grandeur. He is in the condition of a healthy and hungry man, who says to himself, — How sweet this crust is!"
Author: Henry David Thoreau
16. "Real spiritual growth is always growth downward, so to speak, into profounder humility, which in healthy souls will become more and more apparent as they age."
Author: J.I. Packer
17. "I've been used to consider poetry as the food of love " Mr.DarcyOf a fine, stout, healthy love it may. Everything nourishes what is strong already. But if it be only a slight, thin sort of inclination, I am convinced that one good sonnet will starve it entirely away." Eliza"
Author: Jane Austen
18. "When we mother well, we teach our children to embrace the moral obligations that build solid relationships, healthy marriages, and secure families."
Author: Jani Ortlund
19. "...that renunciation of human closeness, of our deepest instincts: is it, in the end, simply too much to ask? Good men-sound, healthy men-can't make the sacrifice, or don't want to; has Holy Mother settled for the unsound and unhealthy? Has the Church, ever pragmatic, made do with what is left?"
Author: Jennifer Haigh
20. "I live a healthy lifestyle and I crave healthy food. I love porridge - I have bizarre cravings for it. I love it with brown sugar and bananas, and I'm a huge fan of cinnamon - I put cinnamon on everything. I also have a sweet tooth and I don't like to deprive myself. I think everything in moderation is the key."
Author: Jessica Lowndes
21. "Being rich towards God means ...growing a soul that is increasingly healthy and good. ... loving and enjoying the people around you. ...learning about your gifts and passion and doing good work to improve the world. ...becoming generous with your stuff. ...making that which is temporary become the servant of that which is eternal. ...savoring every roll of the dice and every trip around the board."
Author: John Ortberg
22. "We have never understood why men mount the heads of animals and hang them up to look down on their conquerors. Possibly it feels good to these men to be superior to animals, but it does seem that if they were sure of it they would not have to prove it. Often a man who is afraid must constantly demonstrate his courage and, in the case of the hunter, must keep a tangible record of his courage. For ourselves, we have had mounted in a small hardwood plaque one perfect borrego [bighorn sheep] dropping. And where another man can say, "There was an animal, but because I am greater than he, he is dead and I am alive, and there is his head to prove it," we can say, "There was an animal, and for all we know there still is and here is proof of it. He was very healthy when we last heard of him."
Author: John Steinbeck
23. "A healthy male adult bore consumes each year one and a half times his own weight in other people's patience."
Author: John Updike
24. "I didn't want to think about it. Indulging someone's insanity like this couldn't be healthy."
Author: Katherine Pine
25. "A man's illness is his private territory and, no matter how much he loves you and how close you are, you stay an outsider. You are healthy."
Author: Lauren Bacall
26. "As the proud father of two teens and past Chairman to the Presidents Council on Physical Fitness and Sports, I am committed to educating parents and especially young people on ways to live a long, healthy and active life."
Author: Lee Haney
27. "Positive, healthy, loving relationships in your twenties... I don't know if anyone would disagree with it: I think they're the exception, not the norm. People are either playing house really aggressively because they're scared of what an uncertain time it is, or they're avoiding commitment altogether."
Author: Lena Dunham
28. "Maturity is a needed component of faithful, loving relationships. And if not directed into the healthy channel of permitted adult behaviour, romantic and sexual jealousies can literally tear families and communities apart.A permanent solution like marriage makes this much less a problem and also ensures that when couples have children, those children have a mother and father to care for them."
Author: Linda Harvey
29. "When healthy competition prevails -- you come out to play and you play to win."
Author: Lorii Myers
30. "You know, I've carried a weapon for 10 years, never shot anybody, never robbed anybody. It has saved my life twice, but I know they're not toys. I practice with firearms, I enjoy shooting, it's a hobby of mine and I have a healthy respect for them."
Author: Luke Scott
31. "In the span of my own lifetime I observed such wondrous progress in plant evolution that I look forward optimistically to a healthy, happy world as soon as its children are taught the principles of simple and rational living."
Author: Luther Burbank
32. "It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err."
Author: Mahatma Gandhi
33. "I think a pastor used to be viewed as the one-stop ministry shop. The pastor served on every committee, volunteered at every event, and made all the hospital visits. I think that is changing and I think that is healthy. Both for the pastor and the congregation."
Author: Mark Batterson
34. "Mental Health is measured though motivation to live; the more plans you have and the more significant they are, the more healthy you are."
Author: Mark Brightlife
35. "By offering an education centered on values, the faculty in Catholic schools can create an interactive setting between parents and students that is geared toward long-term healthy character and scholastic development for all enrolled children."
Author: Mark Foley
36. "Girls developed eating disorders when our culture developed a standard of beauty that they couldn't obtain by being healthy. When unnatural thinness became attractive, girls did unnatural things to be thin."
Author: Mary Pipher
37. "That eating should be foremost about bodily health is a relatively new and, I think, destructive idea-destructive not just the pleasure of eating, which would be bad enough, but paradoxically of our health as well. Indeed, no people on earth worry more about the health consequences of their food choices than we Americans-and no people suffer from as many diet-related problems. We are becoming a nation of orthorexics: people with an unhealthy obsession with healthy eating."
Author: Michael Pollan
38. "If Americans are reluctant to go on the dole that's because they have a healthy work ethic."
Author: Mickey Kaus
39. "So, when it comes to eating healthy, it's just doing the right thing. And it's not something you have to do 365 days a year, but I think it's something you have to do 25 days a month. Let's put it that way."
Author: Mike Ditka
40. "Healthy" and "diseased," as Susan Sontag points out...are often subjective judgments that society makes for its own purposes. Women have long been defined as sick as a means of subjecting them to social control."
Author: Naomi Wolf
41. "From such examples, I derived the rule that what is called "healthy" is generally unhealthy, just as "social" networks are antisocial, and the "knowledge"-based economy is typically ignorant."
Author: Nassim Nicholas Taleb
42. "If one's life is so unsatisfying that an unhealthy activity brings a shred of happiness, it is nigh impossible to give it up unless something that brings greater happiness can be enjoyed in its stead. (28)"
Author: Prem Prakash
43. "What I do is I try to be as healthy as possible all around. I use a Proactiv daily wash because my face is dry and it keeps it that way. I like to use other moisturizers to keep my face hydrated. I always put on sunscreen. I just always like to make sure my face looks fresh and has that glow."
Author: Sasha Pieterse
44. "Worries are part of being human, a part of thinking what would happen next. But worrying too much is unhealthy and it slows down your brain's ability to think better."
Author: Sofia Ann
45. "The connection between education and a healthy economy is critical."
Author: Ted Strickland
46. "Thomas rather thought Foley might ask what purpose was served by an economy whose success and protection depended on people living in ugly, sterile, unhealthy environments-he'd met that argument before and admittedly had had some difficulty refuting it-but the ex-pilot merely shrugged and said, "There's more to trees than you think. I've run across some trees I'd sooner hug than a woman."
Author: Tom Robbins
47. "All my clients eat. Madonna has a very healthy appetite. She doesn't eat processed food, she's very conscious of the quality of the things she eats but she has treats - she loves cupcakes."
Author: Tracy Anderson
48. "You are young if you are healthy and rich if you have no debts."
Author: Vikrant Parsai
49. "Before a game, I avoid having a heavy meal so that I don't feel sleepy at the board. You eat to be healthy, and that generally takes care of everything. Also, you can't be too finicky, since at tournaments you tend to eat at restaurants here and there. But, as long as you're eating sensibly, it's all good."
Author: Viswanathan Anand
50. "People use drugs, legal and illegal, because their lives are intolerably painful or dull. They hate their work and find no rest in their leisure. They are estranged from their families and their neighbors. It should tell us something that in healthy societies drug use is celebrative, convivial, and occasional, whereas among us it is lonely, shameful, and addictive. We need drugs, apparently, because we have lost each other."
Author: Wendell Berry
Quotes About Healthy Pictures