Famous Quotes About Helping Others
Browse 45 famous quotes and sayings about Helping Others.
Top Quotes About Helping Others
1. "They told me adventures were over, so I got off the internet and got on a plane. They told me kindness was a thing of the past, so I spent a year helping others in need. They told me love was dead, so I fell into it. Head over heels."
Author: Abby Lass
2. "Sometimes healing comes after helping someone that is going through the same trauma you went through. Help yourself by helping others."
Author: Ace Antonio Hall
3. "So the small things came into their own: small acts of helping others, if one could; small ways of making one's own life better: acts of love, acts of tea, acts of laughter. Clever people might laugh at such simplicity, but, she asked herself, what was their own solution?"
Author: Alexander McCall Smith
4. "Remember this. Hold on to this. This is the only perfection there is, the perfection of helping others. This is the only thing we can do that has any lasting meaning. This is why we're here. To make each other feel safe."
Author: Andre Agassi
5. "Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm, as you get older, remember you have another hand: The first is to help yourself, the second is to help others."
Author: Audrey Hepburn
6. "By helping others, you will learn how to help yourselves."
Author: Aung San Suu Kyi
7. "The biggest potential for helping us overcome shame is this: We are "those people." The truth is…we are the others. Most of us are one paycheck, one divorce, one drug-addicted kid, one mental health illness, one sexual assault, one drinking binge, one night of unprotected sex, or one affair away from being "those people"–the ones we don't trust, the ones we pity, the ones we don't let our kids play with, the ones bad things happen to, the ones we don't want living next door."
Author: Brené Brown
8. "By leading that [learned] life to the glory of God I do not, of course, mean any attempt to make our intellectual inquiries work out to edifying conclusions....I mean the pursuit of knowledge and beauty, in a sense, for their own sake, but in a sense which does not exclude their being for God's sake. An appetite for these things exists in the human mind, and God makes no appetite in vain. We can therefore pursue knowledge as such, and beauty as such, in the sure confidence that by so doing we are either advancing to the vision of God ourselves or indirectly helping others to do so. Humility, no less than the appetite, encourages us to concentrate simply on the knowledge or the beauty, not too much concerning ourselves with their ultimate relevance to the vision of God."
Author: C.S. Lewis
9. "Everything good that's ever happened to me came out of helping others."
Author: Danny Trejo
10. "Being a member of a church means realizing that we are responsible for helping the brothers and sisters around us to grow as disciples of Jesus. In the same way, they are responsible for helping us. We desperately need each other in the daily fight to follow Christ in a world that's full of sin."
Author: David Platt
11. "Those of us who believe in God and those of us who have dedicated our lives to helping others in the name of God don't want to take a second seat to anyone who is suggesting that one word out of the platform means that the Democrats across America are godless."
Author: Dick Durbin
12. "Don't settle for helping those who will help you in return or doing a good deed for others to see. Help others without expecting anything back. Even if nobody else cares, God will notice."
Author: Dillon Burroughs
13. "The spirits, he said, the souls. They are not angry at the living, they just want to help. Helping others is the only way we can prove we still matter."
Author: Ekaterina Sedia
14. "I must. I have fought my last battle. When I saw the Clan at Sunningrocks, the strong helping the weak...and I knew you and the others had gone to confront the pack...I knew my Clan was loyal. I knew StarClan had not turned their backs on us. I knew...I knew that I could not leave you to face the danger alone."
Author: Erin Hunter
15. "‘Reasoning doesn't have this function of helping us to get better beliefs and make better decisions,' said Hugo Mercier, who is a co-author of the journal article, with Dan Sperber. ‘It was a purely social phenomenon. It evolved to help us convince others and to be careful when others try to convince us.' Truth and accuracy were beside the point."
Author: Ezra Klein
16. "Real strength has to do with helping others."
Author: Fred Rogers
17. "Volunteering to help others is the right thing to do, and it also boosts personal happiness; a review of research by the Corporation for National and Community Service shows that those who aid the causes they value tend to be happier and in better health. They show fewer signs of physical and mental aging. And it's not just that helpful people also tend to be healthier and happier; helping others causes happiness. "Be selfless, if only for selfish reasons," as one of my happiness paradoxes holds. About one-quarter of Americans volunteer, and of those, a third volunteer for more than a hundred hours each year."
Author: Gretchen Rubin
18. "Helping a person in need is good in itself. But the degree of goodness is hugely affected by the attitude with which it is done. If you show resentment because you are helping the person out of a reluctant sense of duty, then the person may recieve your help but may feel awkward and embarrassed. This is because he will feel beholden to you. If,on the other hand, you help the person in a spirit of joy, then the help will be received joyfully. The person will feel neither demeaned nor humiliated by your help, but rather will feel glad to have caused you pleasure by receiving your help. And joy is the appropriate attitude with which to help others because acts of generosity are a source of blessing to the giver as well as the receiver."
Author: John Chrysostom
19. "I am a great admirer of Sen. Frist, who is a nationally known heart surgeon and well known in Nashville as a great family man who has dedicated his life to helping others and, in that regard, he has followed in his father's footsteps."
Author: John Jay Hooker
20. "Helping others without any expectation and without gain is just as much a gift to yourself as it is to the person you give to."
Author: Kat Von D
21. "Without inner peace, outer peace is impossible. We all wish for world peace, but world peace will never be acheived unless we first establish peace within our own minds. We can send so-called 'peacekeeping forces' into areas of conflict, but peace cannot be oppossed from the outside with guns. Only by creating peace within our own mind and helping others to do the same can we hope to achieve peace in this world."
Author: Kelsang Gyatso
22. "I find that once you start helping others, it makes you feel better about yourself. It helps you figure out what you want to do with your own life."
Author: Lance Bass
23. "I will heighten my life by helping others heighten theirs"
Author: Les Brown
24. "Human Error lies in judgment. While many will say that it's wrong to judge, one cannot survive in the light or the darkness without equipping the ability to judge. One must judge their morality. One must judge their potentiality. One must judge their actuality. One must judge their life. One must judge their very existence. What happens when God no longer lends a helping a hand? What happens whenGod longer judges you? Only you can be the arbiter of your own existence. However, you will have to judge. So let me ask you, what's the difference between judging the subjective reality that one exists in, and judging the value of the subjective reality of another? The only difference lies is the sameness of one conception...judgment. So tell me, is it wrong to judge others, when your very existence depends on you judging reality for validity?"
Author: Lionel Suggs
25. "I interviewed my dad on video in his final weeks. When I asked about his work and finding meaning through helping others, he responded, "I don't think you can be focused on, 'Oh gee, I want to make a difference.' It has to be spontaneous. If it's not...there's some kind of egotistical thing going on. That's a red flag. You hope you impact people on the deepest level you are capable of at the time. Sometimes you hit it, sometimes you don't. You're trying."
Author: Lisa Shannon
26. "Helping others isn't a chore; it is one of the greatest gifts there is."
Author: Liya Kebede
27. "Online business models are still evolving. New and different products and services pop up every day. This gives rise to supporting products and services. A business can make substantial profit by helping others execute their plans for making money."
Author: Marc Ostrofsky
28. "Everyday,there's a lot of reason to be annoyed,to be pissed off,to worry and to be sad,but I always find the reason for me to smile and be happy,no matter how little it could be.I think I"ve been long done to those drama of life which can easily make my day gloom.Life is real short,make the best out of it every minute and every chance that u may get.Love and helping others is my new happiness."
Author: Mareez Reyes
29. "In my life I've learned that true happiness comes from giving. Helping others along the way makes you evaluate who you are. I think that love is what we're all searching for. I haven't come across anyone who didn't become a better person through love."
Author: Marla Gibbs
30. "No amount of prayer or meditation can do what helping others can do."
Author: Meher Baba
31. "It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed."
Author: Napoleon Hill
32. "If sympathy is all that human beings need, then the Cross of Christ is an absurdity and there is absolutely no need for it. What the world needs is not "a little bit of love," but major surgery. If you think you are helping lost people with your sympathy and understanding, you are a traitor to Jesus Christ. You must have a right-standing relationship with Him yourself, and pour your life out in helping others in His way— not in a human way that ignores God."
Author: Oswald Chambers
33. "And some of what we're doing in Government even now, some of the welfare reform programs that are helping lone mothers come into work are based on things that were very new under the Labour Government in the eighties."
Author: Patricia Hewitt
34. "Helping others carries its own rewards, the first of which is a return to humanity."
Author: Richard Paul Evans
35. "Imagine a culture in which everything is geared toward helping all individuals become the best human beings they can be; in which individuals are driven to devoting their lives to becoming enlightened by the natural flood of compassion for others that arises from their wisdom."
Author: Robert A.F. Thurman
36. "For Attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run their fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone. People, more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms. As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself and the other for helping others."
Author: Sam Levenson
37. "• "I go running. It gives me a better perspective on my problems and helps me find solutions." • "I allow myself one hour to feel sorry for myself and I cry." • "I take a bath, read my journal, and sleep." • "I play ball." • "I lift weights to release the endorphins." • "Helping others helps you forget about your own problems." • "I just get out of the house."
Author: Sean Covey
38. "I am a huge believer in giving back and helping out in the community and the world. Think globally, act locally I suppose. I believe that the measure of a person's life is the affect they have on others."
Author: Steve Nash
39. "The Tapas and the other hard Yogas that were practiced in other Yugas do not work now. What is needed in this Yuga is giving, helping others."
Author: Swami Vivekananda
40. "Condemn none: if you can stretch out a helping hand, do so. If you cannot, fold your hands, bless your brothers, and let them go their own way."
Author: Swami Vivekananda
41. "Ben Says: Live your life helping to inspire others and you will never regret it? Bullying Ben"
Author: Timothy Pina
42. "Hold all men in mind as being healthy, happy, and prosperous. When you do this you are helping others and sowing good for yourself. Always send out thoughts of love and service. They will come back to you laden with their kind."
Author: Venice J. Bloodworth
43. "That's very kind of you," she said bitterly, for she no longer believed in kindness. "And you're willing to do this...why? Because you're fond of helping others?""I'm fond of revenge," the dragon answered."
Author: Vivian Vande Velde
44. "It is pleasure that lurks in the practice of every one of your virtues. Man performs actions because they are good for him, and when they are good for other people as well they are thought virtuous: if he finds pleasure in helping others he is benevolent; if he finds pleasure in working for society he is public-spirited; but it is for your private pleasure that you give twopence to a beggar as much as it is for my private pleasure that I drink another whiskey and soda. I, less of a humbug than you, neither applaud myself for my pleasure nor demand your admiration."
Author: W. Somerset Maugham
45. "Loving one another isn't enough to make a relationship last. The real glue that holds a couple (or friends or family) together is the effort both put into helping others who are in need of financial, health, personal or emotional assistance.Today, sustain your connection to a loved one by finding ways you both can help others, with a genuine heart."
Author: Yehuda Berg
Quotes About Helping Others Pictures